Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:11:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37671
  • Latest: Lucy90
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773435
  • Total Topics: 66363
  • Online Today: 322
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 283
Total: 284

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My New Year's Eve Surprise  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Basquo

My New Year's Eve Surprise
« on: January 07, 2007, 05:56:19 pm »
So I’ve become “involved” with this guy from New York. This is the same dude who took me to see the Stones in October. He decided to come in for New Year’s weekend, and made plans but wouldn’t tell me or his best friend, who lives here, what they were. I knew it would involve a limo and possibly dinner.  I had no idea, though, how fabulous it was going to be!

Dinner was at the Grille in the Driskill Hotel; I’m not sure if it’s a five-star restaurant but it is in my book. 

Tasting, fixed menu; drinks; champagne; seven courses of delicious food, and a bread that I must get the recipe for!  I had several things I’ve never been served before: New Brunswick oysters (about the size of my thumbnail) in vanilla vodka.
Beluga caviar. Fois Gras. Shaved Italian ruffles. Waygu striploin. Chestnut agnolotti.  You get the idea, FABULOUS!

The bill for the three of us was $765.00.  You think this guy likes me?

Offline marco23

Re: My New Year's Eve Surprise
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:07:18 pm »
Hmmmm..ya think?
If you're wondering if he's interested...then that just leaves me with no hope whatsoever!....I always have to pay for our All U Can Eat Buffet!  :D
Honey..enjoy the feeling, enjoy getting to know him, enjoy him getting to know you....see what happens when you take a chance...live for the moment..live life and be happy.  ;)
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline Tucsonwoody

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:21:15 pm »
Yea - I think it's safe to say he is interested...and since that place is a * * * * * star restaurant, I'd say very interested!  But then hopefully you would have as much fun if it's McDonalds next time.  :)

http://www.driskillhotel.com/dining.html

Oh yea - didn't find their bread recipe online...but they do have some others that looked yummy and not at all fattening.
And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 07:03:57 pm »
The bill for the three of us was $765.00.  You think this guy likes me?

Fly with him to Vermont and get married ASAP!!  Sounds like a keeper!

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 07:10:35 pm »
 :D

I'm thinking about it, Boo, trust me. He's everything my mother wants for me. She will kill herself if I bring home another Mexican hairdresser.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 08:58:42 pm »
She will kill herself if I bring home another Mexican hairdresser.

Something wrong with mexican hairdressers??? LOL

Congrats! :)

-joseph

Offline Basquo

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 09:49:24 pm »
OK, I know that sounds racist and deserve some explanation, so I'll try to condense...

I've been deeply involved with 2, and since it didn't work out of course Mama is bitter.  But in addition, she had one herself (professionally, not as an affair) for 30-something years, and he was a big drunk, and always did her hair for free since she was always bailing him out of jail, and before he ended up in a convalescent home because he was struck by a sheriff as he jaywalked, he told her that I shouldn't date Mexican men because of blah-blah-blah.

To her dismay, the fact that we have Basque lineage and Native American lineage, plus my relationship history, I am basically "Mexican by Injection," if you get my drift. Top all that with my dark skin and hair, when the rest of my family is white, she is probably upset that the rest of the world thinks my real father was el lechero.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:56:54 pm by Basquo »

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 10:12:59 pm »
Wow, Basquo, that sounds like a spectacular New Year's Eve.  I hope that it just continues
to get even better for you and your new guy.  Enjoy!

Cheers,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 10:17:05 pm »
Sounds like your mother's old gay hairdresser is actually your father
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Basquo

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 10:31:43 pm »
Sounds like your mother's old gay hairdresser is actually your father

Oh, God, that would explain so much!

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 11:20:49 pm »
  You think this guy likes me?

I think he wants to pee in your butt.
Boys are Stupid

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:49 pm »
A $765 bill, oh it's way past liking. If I like someone it's Mcd's, Wendy's or New York lunch, just to see if they are willing to pay the bill next time. If that works out then it's time to upgrade, T.G. I. Fridays, Applebees. If I'm really diggin you then maybe Red Lobster. But to me, home cooked meals are very special cause they are made from the heart.

I know y'all trippin but the Queen lives w/i her budget and has not come across anyone who deserves one of her home cooked meals. And I sure as hell can't afford a 5 star restuarant! But I'm happy for you, B. The only thing missing was a ring cause it sure was setup like it coulda been one!
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 11:34:23 pm »
Geez, all I got was a McDonald's Happy Meal...at least I got a toy!!

Congrats Basquo...keep him close! Sounds like fun buddy!!! Way to go...but the bigger question I have, is do you like him??
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 11:44:39 pm »

I think he admires you slightly ;)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Robert

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 12:54:01 am »
Creighton

Before there is any wedding you need to bring him home to the family.  when will we meet him?

robert

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 02:12:07 am »
Hey Creighton

He was only $35 away from Total Worship and Adoration..so I can safely say the answer to your question would be a definate yes,..grab him with both hands and don't let go.

Hugs
Jan :-*
(who had a man spend $765 on her once...no wait,  I tell a lie, it was only $7.65)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.