Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:24:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 311
Total: 311

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Egrifta?  (Read 11005 times)

Offline whally

Egrifta?
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:37 pm »
Just wondering if anyone knew what was going on with Egrifta. Walgreen pharmacy called me and told  me that they quit manufacturing the drug. :-\

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Egrifta?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:29:35 pm »
I found this news release dated yesterday...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/theratechnologies-inc-update-on-availability-of-egriftatm-in-the-united-states-2014-05-20-171734145?reflink=MW_news_stmp

It looks like it should be available again sometime in June.

There's not much information on why production was stopped - but it looks like it has something to do with licensing agreements and other big-pharma nonsense.

Here's a WSJ article from May 1st:

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140501-908468.html
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline whally

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 03:50:54 pm »
Thank you so much!  I can sleep now.  :)

Offline RPF

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 01:57:54 pm »
I am here in LA and I have run out of the drug. I was wondering if anyone is either not using it or would be open to "lending" me some doses? The supply is to be out until possibly September!  I know this is a long shot but in case someone could not tolerate it I would buy some from you.

BTW, I found that I can take less than every day. I dropped down to every other day cuz I was almost too thin but I dropped to even less because of the supply problem. Due to a glitch with the insurance, I haven't had a shipment since January and I am afraid of 3 months without the drug.

Shipping might also be a possibility.

Appreciate any help!

Ron

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 02:49:02 pm »
I am here in LA and I have run out of the drug. I was wondering if anyone is either not using it or would be open to "lending" me some doses? The supply is to be out until possibly September!  I know this is a long shot but in case someone could not tolerate it I would buy some from you.

BTW, I found that I can take less than every day. I dropped down to every other day cuz I was almost too thin but I dropped to even less because of the supply problem. Due to a glitch with the insurance, I haven't had a shipment since January and I am afraid of 3 months without the drug.

Shipping might also be a possibility.

Appreciate any help!

Ron

Buying and selling medication on this website is strictly forbidden so please do not do it or we will have no other choice than a permanent ban . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline konkrypton

• Everything works...in theory.
    • Pan/Satyr Lover
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 02:50:05 am »
Thanks, Whally and Ann, for posting. I have been trying to figure out what the situation was with the drug from the pharmaceutical company's vaguely worded press releases. It sounds like they had a manufacturing problem they haven't figured out yet, too. I hope they get going soon, as the drug has helped me quite a bit to fit into old clothes!
KK
--
I distrust morning people. I suspect they setup the rules of life while the rest of us slept.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 06:10:30 am »
Thanks, Whally and Ann, for posting. I have been trying to figure out what the situation was with the drug from the pharmaceutical company's vaguely worded press releases. It sounds like they had a manufacturing problem they haven't figured out yet, too. I hope they get going soon, as the drug has helped me quite a bit to fit into old clothes!

You're welcome!

I agree about the vague press reports. The ones I linked to led me to believe it had something to do with licensing - maybe they've changed a component of the manufacturing process that needs re-licensing? Who knows. The only thing that is clear about the whole situation is that they want to keep consumers in the dark.

Good luck getting your supply back. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline konkrypton

• Everything works...in theory.
    • Pan/Satyr Lover
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 04:11:22 am »
I thought I'd "bump" this topic and see if anyone has any news. I have heard through my pharmacist and my doctor rumors that it's being discontinued, but they're only rumors. If anyone knows or hears something definite, please post! I'm losing hope. I've been without drug for almost 2 months now.
KK
--
I distrust morning people. I suspect they setup the rules of life while the rest of us slept.

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 06:11:25 pm »
just  had  a long  chat with  Pharmacist at  the  Accredo   company (  med supplier) she  says  they have been given 90 day updates  always saying   that the  drug  will be  in supply in 90  days (  3 rd notice) the issue still revolves around the  licensing  from the owner in Europe... so  no one is  producing the  Egrifta  right now  and if anyone has a supply  they  are totally  silent....  mine has completely worm off and  the  "hard fat" is back   there is  no  substitute..so  back  to square one

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline whally

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:23:21 pm »
I read this, from the company that manufactures Egrifta:

Theratechnologies Announces Financial Results for Second Quarter of 2014

Montreal, Canada – July 9, 2014 – Theratechnologies Inc. (Theratechnologies) (TSX:
TH) today announced its financial results for the second quarter ended May 31, 2014.

Second quarter 2014 financial highlights

• Revenues of $2,393,000
• Cash payment of $4,100,000 by Revenue Canada received on July 3, 2014
• Selling and market development expenses of $2,148,000 mainly associated with
marketing initiatives being undertaken in the United States
• Net profit of $1,007,000
• $9,722,000 in liquidities available at quarter-end including bonds, tax credits and
grants receivable

“The second quarter marked two important milestones for Theratechnologies“, said
Luc Tanguay, President and CEO. “Most notably, we have now regained all rights to
EGRIFTA™ in the U.S. and are well advanced with our plans to reap the associated
benefits. We expect to begin distributing our drug to U.S. patients between mid-August
and mid-September. The second achievement was in Canada, where we received
regulatory approval for EGRIFTA™ and simultaneously regained the rights to the
Canadian market”, Mr. Tanguay noted.

Update on production

Technical issues observed during the production of EGRIFTA™ in its 2 mg
presentation caused us to suspend manufacturing on February 14, 2014 and there is
currently no inventory in the distribution network. In order to replenish inventory and
resume shipping as soon as possible, we have temporarily reverted to the initial
presentation of EGRIFTA™ (1 mg vial), which was problem free during the first two
years of marketing the product. Regulatory clearance for this change has been
obtained from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. We have now produced one
batch of EGRIFTA™ in the 1 mg presentation, which is currently undergoing routine
testing and should be available for distribution to patients between mid-August and
mid-September 2014.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.