Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:11:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 599
Total: 600

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV and the City!!  (Read 11669 times)

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
HIV and the City!!
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:31:41 am »
Well, here I am...In Charlotte, NC: single, pretty (enough), and HIV +ve!

I have met a lot of new people here in Charlotte, and I have noticed something that I haven't noticed before...guys want to have sex with me! I mean a lot of sex...I am not shy about telling people my status, as a matter of fact, I am fairly open about it...especially when engaging in the nasty!!

I think my full disclosure, has actually helped me...meaning, it seems to weed out the people that don't matter...As Dr. Seuss said: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." And in my recent experiences, this has proven to be absolutely true!

I have taken an extended absence from the forums recently, because I needed to wrap my head around my being single after 9 years...I find myself getting to like the single life...no one to answer to but me. And yet in this city that hustle and bustles I seem to feel alone...every now and again. But please no one feel sorry for me, for feeling this way...it is actually welcomed. I am enjoying my alone time...I have made some fast friends and we hang out a few times a week and that makes all the better.

Any way back to the sex part...I feel liberated in a way...because, the feelings of shame I had before, seem to be dissipating to the nether reaches of my mind and soul, allowing me to move forward and feeling whole again. And yes, it includes sex...a sexual freedom so to speak. And part of the freedom is allowed me by my disclosure...which people find both refreshing and honest which they seem to appreciate. So, when a guy comes up to me in a bar...we chat, we feel each other up, I mean out...and if I feel like doing the deed...it comes out. Loud, clear and coherently. It makes me a better person, I think...but also it contributes to containing this beast that rages through my veins from getting out...because I am in control of it. No one, can take that away from me, my being in control. It really in empowering...

I have been meaning to post out here for the past few weeks, but I wasn't ready just yet...now, I am.

I have missed you all terribly, and I am sorry to have missed the gathering in Montreal...but work couldn't afford my absence, so, I made the decision to stay. So, I thought I would post a short little message of how things are, and you will be happy to note, that things are really good right now! And I am for the first time, in a very long time...happy with me...I am proud of me.

I love you all,
Jeromy
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: HIV and the City!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:37:20 am »
...and if I feel like doing the deed...it comes out. Loud, clear and coherently. It makes me a better person, I think...but also it contributes to containing this beast that rages through my veins from getting out...because I am in control of it. No one, can take that away from me, my being in control. It really in empowering...

Uplifting and wonderful. Thank you. My crystal ball says you will meet another pozzie and he will be your Mister Right!  8)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:47:59 am »
What about Paul?

MtD

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 10:49:25 am »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:47:10 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 10:49:38 am »
I'm proud of you too!  And I've missed you honey.   Glad you came back and checked in with us, and made this post.   I thought about you in Montreal ; I knew that you had planned to go but your job had a different idea in mind!

I'd say those guys in Charlotte are lucky to have you there.

Hugs,

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 10:52:52 am »
What about Paul?

MtD

Umm...didn't quite work out...let's just put it that way...  ::)
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 10:53:03 am »
Ain't nothing wrong with being poz, and your post just proved it quite succinctly. You go!

Offline chemistry001

• http://www.mygaydar.com/chemistry001
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 10:59:23 am »
Jeromy

What a wonderful post to read, you've put a smile on my face on a day when its needed

Much Love

Paul
Diagnosed 01/08/06
CD4-9, VL->500,000, CD4% 1
Started on Sustiva/combivir 22/08/06 changed to kivexa 18/09/06
02/10/06
CD4-50, VL-1496, CD4% 5
04/12/06
CD4-112, VL-125, CD4% 7.5
22/02/07
CD4-121, VL-<50, CD4% 9
29/05/07
CD4-125, VL-71,(re-done 149), CD4% 11
25/09/07
CD4 -231, VL-74, CD4% 15
Cant remember the next few dates
17/01/08  Kaletra and Truvada
CD4 - 281, VL-115
06/03/08
CD4 - 287, VL-178

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 11:00:07 am »

Yeah he looked the uptight me. Not able to cope with the Jeromy Philosophy. I've met a boy too. His name is Michael. We've agreed to "go about" which means date for Americans. I have pictures.

MtD

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 11:44:44 am »

Yeah he looked the uptight me. Not able to cope with the Jeromy Philosophy. I've met a boy too. His name is Michael. We've agreed to "go about" which means date for Americans. I have pictures.

MtD

Yea!! I want pictures...and they need to be dirty!!  ;)
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 12:08:29 pm »
Congrats Jeromy!!!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Emilio

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 03:39:08 pm »
Hey Jeromy,

Drop me a line if you visit London. I ve got pictures too, lol!

Emilio

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 03:55:22 pm »
Jeromy, just pass me your castaways. The ones that are tired of the city and want to be a redneck. ;)

Offline Florida69

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 04:00:59 pm »
You know, I am seeing the same type of thing.  However, I am being a little more selective.  Glad to see someone else is seeing what I see.  D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline bear60

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 05:02:15 pm »
Your post made me feel good.  Its great that the move was successful.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 06:33:14 pm »
Thanks for sharing this Jeremy.  I can see this place to get to.  I think I am grieving and letting go of the person who thought he would be alone and unwanted. 

I have nothing to be ashamed of... guys do seem to appreciate the honesty and even have esteem for it.

Thank you for your good energy!

Kindest,
Andrew

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 07:22:56 pm »
Jeromy, I have missed you....  I am glad and hopeful that your journey will be a vantastic one....  Ps... The leaves are starting to fall in Colorado...

Love

Offline Eldon

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 12:09:24 am »
Hello Jeromy, it is Eldon. It is good to have you back on the forums. It is also a good thing to hear that all is going well with you! There is only one way to spell "good" and that is good.

Offline RobT

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 03:20:51 am »
Jeromy-
Glad to see u back in the forums again. I've missed u. I am happy that everything seems to b working out for u.

RobT

9/27/2005-1st test results
Viral Load >1,000,000
CD4 204
CD4%age 18
CD4/CD8 ratio .23
11/24/2005- Sustiva/Truvada
04/18/2006
Viral Load 140
CD4 402
CD4%age .21
CD4/CD8 ratio .39
06/27/2006
Viral Load 42
CD4 409
CD4%age .21
08/01/2006
Viral load- undetectable
CD4 493
CD4%age .33

Next lab: 09/01/2006
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 07:00:42 am »
Dear Jeromy,

damn I missed you!
Welcome back, sweetie and I am glad you enjoy the big city

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 07:45:03 pm »
Hi everyone...thanks for the warm welcome back!! I have missed you all dearly!! I just needed to sort somethings out..

Things are going really well, and I am very happy these days...I didn't think that I could be...but I am. I am getting ready to run out and hang with some friends at the local watering hole for us leather babies!!

I love you all and I will be back to post soon!!

Ciao for now!
J
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline aphaun

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 09:47:38 pm »

Very cool.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 11:19:25 pm »
Nice to see your smiling face back!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 06:29:12 am »
Good to see you back Jeromy I was wondering what you were up to.  I'm glad the move has turned out well for you!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline Nadine

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 08:13:55 am »
Jeromy,

It is wonderful to see you back here and you sound so happy!  I'm glad everything has worked out for you with the move, seems like you just picked yourself right up and took off!  ;D

Take care Mr. Smiley

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 10:11:14 am »
{{{{{{{{{{leatherbaby Jeromy}}}}}}}}}}
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 10:48:32 am »
I think my full disclosure, has actually helped me...
Jer, I'm so happy for you! I've experienced the same reactions many times making the sex just that much better. :P

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 10:52:50 am »
guys want to have sex with me! I mean a lot of sex...
DUH!!! Don't we all?  :P <oink>

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 11:08:02 am »
I feel liberated in a way...because, the feelings of shame I had before, seem to be dissipating to the nether reaches of my mind and soul, allowing me to move forward and feeling whole again. And yes, it includes sex...a sexual freedom so to speak. And part of the freedom is allowed me by my disclosure...which people find both refreshing and honest which they seem to appreciate. So, when a guy comes up to me in a bar...we chat, we feel each other up, I mean out...and if I feel like doing the deed...it comes out. Loud, clear and coherently. It makes me a better person, I think...but also it contributes to containing this beast that rages through my veins from getting out...because I am in control of it. No one, can take that away from me, my being in control. It really in empowering...

Exactly where those feelings need to be and how you should be feeling!  :)

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 11:12:18 am »
..happy with me...I am proud of me.

I'm HAPPY  for you and  PROUD  of you!  :-*

I've missed you!

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 09:46:18 am »
Jeromy...

Nice to have you back...and NO.  It doesn't surprise me that guys wanna have sex with you.
              You're hot sweetie!  As for your disclosing...and your attitude toward those who can't handle
              it.......YOU GO BOY! :-*

I'm going on a ROAD TRIP at the end of Sept coming up that way after
              stopping in South Carolina to see a friend..... headed toward Vermont and beyond...
               You may find me knocking on your door :o ...with a shit-eating grin on my face :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 12:19:17 pm »
Viva la Liberacion!
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2006, 01:39:10 pm »
Jeromy...

Nice to have you back...and NO.  It doesn't surprise me that guys wanna have sex with you.
              You're hot sweetie!  As for your disclosing...and your attitude toward those who can't handle
              it.......YOU GO BOY! :-*

I'm going on a ROAD TRIP at the end of Sept coming up that way after
              stopping in South Carolina to see a friend..... headed toward Vermont and beyond...
               You may find me knocking on your door :o ...with a shit-eating grin on my face :P

Well PM me, and I can set you up... ;D
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Eldon

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2006, 11:37:15 pm »
Hey Jeromy, that is wonderful hospitality! Can you cook? LOL!

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 02:55:49 am »
Great to hear you're doing so well boi!  Of course people wanna have sex with you, are you crazy!  You're hawt my dear!!!
Poz since 2003.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 02:33:09 pm »
You are all so sweet...yes I do cook Eldon...how do you like your Big Macs??

And Sky... :-[ I am blushing!!

Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 03:30:12 pm »
Hi Jeromy,

Well, I cannot tell you how happy I am reading this thread.  I have yelled for years that folks should nail the HIV closet shut for life, as the "empowerment" that comes over you, when you take that step is incredible.  People cannot mess with your brain or your life when you "OWN" this damn viral protein.

So glad you are having a good time, and yes, those times alone can be golden if we only are imaginative enough to enjoy them.

In Love and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Eldon

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 09:52:54 pm »
Jeromy, Big Macs?...please make them cook to order.

Have the BEST Day.

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 10:57:34 pm »
I only speak the truth boi  ;)
Poz since 2003.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 11:15:01 pm »
Jeromy,

My dear young man! I am so glad to see you back!

Now, regarding your "discovery" that men want to have sex with you - PUHLEEZE!

Remember, I have seen you in your half-nakedness (with leather accoutrements). Honey, you could rock the socks off of any man - or men if your tastes lean toward group activities.

I'm so happy for you! Sounds like the South shall rise again - pun intended.  ::)

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.