Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:23:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 503
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 439
Total: 441

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thanks to all of you.  (Read 4798 times)

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
Thanks to all of you.
« on: January 12, 2007, 03:58:48 am »
Hey guys I am from Indianapolis. I tested poz a few weeks ago and am going through all of the hoops right now. I am getting a complete STD workup done and then will be refered to a ID doctor. I tested neg 6 months ago and took a test while at a bath house here in Indianapolis. It came back poz  and three weeks later so did the blood thing. I have been lucky in having friends here that have been poz for years, some as many as 22 and still going strong. Because of my faith in GOD and the support of my friends I am doing well even though its a pain in the ass.  After I get all of this stuff done I plan on working with young people with HIV as a volunteer and of course keep my full time job in mental health. I guess I am not freaking out because I have worked with HIV patients for so long that I know it is not a death sentence. 10 years ago we did not have the medication we have now so that should give us all hope. I also dabble in comedy and hope to use this in putting a smile on people faces. Laughter and a possitive outlook is the key. I can tell you that the mind is a powerful tool. For example I had a patient guy that has been poz for 18 years and never taken meds. He found out in prison 18 years ago and thought they were bullshiting him so that he would not have sex in prison. I would love to meet some new friends guys and hope that I can inspire you in any way I can. God Bless
Meds doing well so far.

Offline rick21007

Re: Thanks to all of you.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 06:47:55 am »
Indyguy--like they say attitude is everything. And the best way to be encouraged is to encourage others.  But what we need on this board is one more comedian! ;)   (I'd think you'd find some pretty good material on these boards BTW)  But seriously, welcome to The Order.  It sucks to find out you qualify but I am sure finding out membership  has  its benefits. Have you applied for your gold card yet?

BTW I work in mental health too.

Best,   Rick

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 06:53:05 am »
What is the gold card?
Meds doing well so far.

Offline koi1

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 08:49:03 am »
Welcom Indy Guy,

I hope that you will find this site to be as helpful as I have. I just started meds and am doing great.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline rick21007

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 09:41:45 am »
What is the gold card?

A gold card is my feeble attempt at humor :'(---like getting a Visa Gold Card with a membership.

Rick

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.