Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 376
Total: 376

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: i tested positive recently / was infected intentionally what should i do?  (Read 18535 times)

Offline robbiesmith1

i recently tested positive and i was learning to deal with it. i belive i have been really positive about it told my close friends, found a doctor very fast case worker the whole nine yards. during this time the Poz magazine has helped me a lot i made a personals accoiunt just to look at all the different guys that are positive and see that there is still hope for me to find someone to be with. And now i have foundd out something horrible one of the guys i believed could have infected me has a profile on there and he says he has ben positive since 2006 me and him met in 2010 and had sex protectively the whole time until the summer of 2011 he told me he tested negative and that i was the only person he was having sex with and at the time it was the same for me. we had sex 3 time unprotectedly and (excuse me for the regularity) he ejaculated in me three time's and all three times i asked if he was negative and he replied yes.

i really trusted this man we didn't just have sex we were really friends and i truly enjoyed his company on both levels. i feel so betrayed i just turned 20 and to find out that to someone else your life was a game and that they were someone you trusted and had a secret agenda against you is horrible. Now i know it takes two to tango and i should have been smart enough to use protection but that still doesn't give him the right or an excuse to intentionally infect me when he knew he was hiv positive. he should have always said we should use protection and since we didn't just have a one night stand, shouldn't he have disclosed his status to me.and the fact that i asked him and he intentionally lied to me makes him wrong. am i wrong or right here?

im just really scared i haven't told my parents about my status and i do not want to , i am a private person and i believe i dont have to tell anyone but my doctor and the people i sleep with. but how do i go about this situation? im scared because what if this is something this man does and is infecting people on purpose i want to report him just so that if he is the correct authorities know that he is a a potential health threat. i do not want to press charges because i do not want my personal business out there in a spread out court case. i just want the the correct authorities to know.
How would i do that? do i tell the new york board of health? the cdc? my doctor? the police? i just want it to be reported just in case he has done this to other men and needs to be caught. i feel like i have a social and moral obligation to make sure this is reported. What do you guys think i should do?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Hi Robbie, welcome to the forum. BTW, if Robbie Smith is your real name, you will be potentially telling more than just close friends about your status. Let me know if you need to have your screen name changed.

And now i have foundd out something horrible one of the guys i believed could have infected me...

From what you've written, this guy with the poz profile isn't the only person you've neglected to use condoms with, so you don't even actually know who infected you. If the guy with the profile is on meds and undetectable, chances are good it wasn't him.

IMO, you'd do more justice to the situation if you got involved in prevention work rather than getting authorities involved. After all, you had the choice of whether or not to use condoms. You weren't raped.

We need to get the message out there that you cannot rely on what another person says about their hiv status. Many people only assume they're negative and they're the ones who aren't on treatment and therefore more infectious - and dangerous. And yes, some people will lie. It's each individual's responsibility to protect their own health.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline robbiesmith1

i know that i wasn't raped. i state that very clearly, i have no idea whether or not this guy is on his meds, and you cant assume that he is.
Please look at what im saying i'm happy that you were able to quote the part where i said "one of the guys i believe infected me" there is only two because they are the only ones i had sex with this guy and my ex( now i know either could have but my point is that this guy has a poz personal profile stating that he is hiv positive and i had sex with him unprotectedly three times and he ejaculated all three, my ex never ejaculated in me never even came close you can describe what my ex did as dipping). But my concern and the reason i believe it is this guy is because he lied to me about his status as in told me he was negative knowing full well he was positive and still had unprotected sex with me.
like i said i don't want to press charges. i'm not looking for someone to blame here because i have taken responsibility for my actions and know that i too made the decision to not use condoms. But he still had a responsibility to let me know he was positive regardless of his viral load especially since we had unprotected sex and you cant tell me that he didn't.
And my main point is that what if he is infecting people on purpose? don't you think that someone like that is dangerous and needs to be reported? since finding out i am positive i know that i now have a social and moral obligation to tell the people that i will be having sex with that i am positive because i do not want to infect anyone else.
So what if he is infecting people on purpose and has been for a while? what then? should i just say well Robbie you brought it on yourself you should have used a condom so what if he infected you on purpose and is doing it to others. people should just be smarter. i just need to know who i should inform just incase this guy is indeed infecting people on purpose.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
OK Robbie, thanks for the clarifications.

Of course I agree that he should have disclosed and shouldn't have lied. I always disclose before the subject of sex is even on the table. And btw, I didn't assume he's on meds, I said "if".

You can alert the authorities to this man by reporting him as a named contact to your local health authority. Tell them you want to have him informed that he needs to test and that you wish to remain anonymous.

Depending on what state you live in, if you go to the authorities and report that you discovered after the fact that he knew he was poz, they may wish to take matters out of your hands and prosecute him regardless of your wishes. Reporting him as a named contact who needs to test is the only way I can think of to get around this possibility.

Have you spoken to this man since your diagnosis?

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline AdonisSMU

You maybe compelled to testify by the courts. I hate that this happened to you. I always tell the guys that they should be using a condom in a relationship no matter what.

I don't understand why a guy would lie about it intentionally and then proceed to cum in you more than once and you would let him. I have never once let a guy cum in me and still wound up with HIV so...

Offline NiniMo

Hi Robbie,

I came across your posting. You never deserved to get this disease. I can tell you that if this person knew about their status and lied to you, you can in fact press charges. I live in Toronto, ON and we have had a couple of successful court cases where an HIV+ man who knowingly infected women was put in prison. As well there was another case down in the States where a man who knew he had HIV was put in prison.

Don't think that by pressing charges you are adding to the stigma and criminalizing HIV. You are criminalizing someone who knowingly put your life at risk. Up here we call knowingly transmitted the virus attempted murder. Even if you don't want to go through a long drawn out court case then you NEED to inform Public Health Officials or something. Don't you want to prevent this horrible person from spreading the disease to other people like yourself?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Hi Robbie,

I came across your posting. You never deserved to get this disease. I can tell you that if this person knew about their status and lied to you, you can in fact press charges. I live in Toronto, ON and we have had a couple of successful court cases where an HIV+ man who knowingly infected women was put in prison. As well there was another case down in the States where a man who knew he had HIV was put in prison.

Don't think that by pressing charges you are adding to the stigma and criminalizing HIV. You are criminalizing someone who knowingly put your life at risk. Up here we call knowingly transmitted the virus attempted murder. Even if you don't want to go through a long drawn out court case then you NEED to inform Public Health Officials or something. Don't you want to prevent this horrible person from spreading the disease to other people like yourself?

Fully disagree on ALL counts.

If the person was the victim of rape, then by all means prosecute. But to willingly consent to unprotected sex IS to consent to the possibility of acquiring a sexually transmitted disease, including HIV.

Also, attempted murder? In 2012? With Canadian health care and access to treatment?

Yes, it DOES contribute to the stigma. NO OTHER disease is criminalized like HIV. It sets up apart as a singularly targeted class. I have fought, and WILL fight tooth and nail to have those horrible laws stricken from the books.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline NiniMo

@jkinatl2

Disagree or not, that is the law, look up Johnson Aziga if you don't believe me. The arguments the defense gave were that the victims could not fully give consent if they weren't truthfully informed of his status. This guy was locked up in prison and charged with FIRST DEGREE MURDER. I'm not pulling this out of thin air, this is a successful court case where the women pressed charges AND WON.

It is your responsibility no matter what to protect yourself and always insist that your partner wear a condom if you don't know their status. I am NOT saying that there is zero personal accountability. What I am arguing is that if you intentionally lie to someone when they ask you about your status and then have unprotected sex with them, then you need to be held accountable. I have no sympathy for people who INTENTIONALLY put other people's health at risk. It's like saying that Typhoid Mary shouldn't have been held accountable for her actions.

Thanks for the welcome.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
i know that i wasn't raped. i state that very clearly, i have no idea whether or not this guy is on his meds, and you cant assume that he is.
Please look at what im saying i'm happy that you were able to quote the part where i said "one of the guys i believe infected me" there is only two because they are the only ones i had sex with this guy and my ex( now i know either could have but my point is that this guy has a poz personal profile stating that he is hiv positive and i had sex with him unprotectedly three times and he ejaculated all three, my ex never ejaculated in me never even came close you can describe what my ex did as dipping). But my concern and the reason i believe it is this guy is because he lied to me about his status as in told me he was negative knowing full well he was positive and still had unprotected sex with me.
like i said i don't want to press charges. i'm not looking for someone to blame here because i have taken responsibility for my actions and know that i too made the decision to not use condoms. But he still had a responsibility to let me know he was positive regardless of his viral load especially since we had unprotected sex and you cant tell me that he didn't.
And my main point is that what if he is infecting people on purpose? don't you think that someone like that is dangerous and needs to be reported? since finding out i am positive i know that i now have a social and moral obligation to tell the people that i will be having sex with that i am positive because i do not want to infect anyone else.
So what if he is infecting people on purpose and has been for a while? what then? should i just say well Robbie you brought it on yourself you should have used a condom so what if he infected you on purpose and is doing it to others. people should just be smarter. i just need to know who i should inform just incase this guy is indeed infecting people on purpose.

What do you mean "report him"?  Report him to whom? 

The whole scenario you are setting up is, in your belief, as reported to us here, that this guys KNOWS he is positive, and went about "infecting" you by lying.  And you wonder if he did it on purpose. And you wonder if he is going around doing this on purpose. 

If that is what YOU think, then why on earth aren't you calling the police? Because you have painted him as a Typhoid Mary criminal, just call the police and pursue him that way.  You don't want to press charges, but I don't see how anyone else but the police can "stop" what you fear, if its true.  What other "report" and to whom could stop him?

Or, how about meeting him first and having it out with him, tell him what you think his M.O. is.  Print out his ads from the website, so he can't deny your accusations. Ask him if he's the HIV spreader you fear he is.  Ask him what he thinks you should do about your anger at him for his dishonesty.

Maybe there is a whole side to the story that is a sort of blind spot for you, and he will clarify things...

If you don't get answers, and you still believe he's some sort of HIV spreader, call the police if its a crime in your location, because doesn't your morality demand that, if he is "purposefully" spreading HIV?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:47:39 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Dachshund

Sorry, but this doesn't pass the smell test. Why would someone advertise on a Poz dating site, leaving an electronic paper trail and then purposely infect others? That said, I wouldn't take the advice of others without consulting an attorney. You've admitted you had unprotected sex with the guy. Sorry, but no matter what he "told" you, you're responsible for your own safety.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: i tested positive recently / was infected intentionally what should i do?
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 08:21:07 pm »
@jkinatl2

Disagree or not, that is the law, look up Johnson Aziga if you don't believe me. The arguments the defense gave were that the victims could not fully give consent if they weren't truthfully informed of his status. This guy was locked up in prison and charged with FIRST DEGREE MURDER. I'm not pulling this out of thin air, this is a successful court case where the women pressed charges AND WON.

It is your responsibility no matter what to protect yourself and always insist that your partner wear a condom if you don't know their status. I am NOT saying that there is zero personal accountability. What I am arguing is that if you intentionally lie to someone when they ask you about your status and then have unprotected sex with them, then you need to be held accountable. I have no sympathy for people who INTENTIONALLY put other people's health at risk. It's like saying that Typhoid Mary shouldn't have been held accountable for her actions.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yep, I've looked up the law. Or laws, really, as they are different in every state. In some states here in the US, there doesn't even need to be an infection in order for there to be a conviction. Moreover, in a recent criminal case, the jury was not even ALLOWED to know (based on victim privacy rights) whether HIV was even transmitted before making their judgment.

In addition, the law is roughly ten years behind on transmission theory. Beyond penetrative anal and vaginal sex, people have been convicted (here in Georgia) for unprotected INSERTIVE fellatio (giving, not getting, a blowjob). This despite there being absolutely ZERO evidence that this behaviour transmits HIV (and reams of data that shows it can't).

Moreover, the stigma of HIV remains to the point where, as soon as a case like this is brought to trial, the accused has his name - and usually face - plastered on the media. Newspapers, internet, television. Again, this is NOT for an accusation of rape. It is for a CONSENSUAL sexual act between two people, and boils down to essentially one person's word over anothers.

Some people on these forums won't even date HIV negative people because of this fear. I mean after all, does there need to be a notary present? Does the disclosure need to be filmed? Because for every person who intentionally withholds his status AND pressures another into unprotected sex, there is likely another person who decides, after the fact, to become vengeful -whether that vengeance plays out inthe court system or the community.

*Note: I do not, of course, mean to imply that this is what happened with the Original Poster. I just think he's getting some potentially damaging advice and need to be clear.

The Original Poster made it pretty clear that he has not told his family and wants to handle his own infection in privacy. However, unlike a rape case, this incident would not invoke a "rape shield" whereby a person can conceivably (but not realistically) go through the entire process without external disclosure. His family WOULD be involved. His friends, his whole private life would come into play. He would spend months (if not years) going through an arduous court process when he really, REALLY needs that time and energy to take care of himself.

I have yet, in my ten plus years on these forums and nineteen years positive, seen anyone prosecute another person for infection and end up better off as a result. The very few prosecutions I HAVE seen have either ended in a stalemate, or in the "victim" developing such a "victim" mentality that s/he has become quite bitter, and angry, and their entire quality of life has suffered as a result.

Let me be clear. I acquired HIV from someone I loved very much, who lied about his status for months. It's not like I'm talking out of my ass here.

Annger and depression are two very natural parts of the grieving process. And grieving one's HIV status is a natural thing. But the end of that process, if we are to thrive with HIV and not be a victim, is acceptance. Part of that is realizing that we are responsible for what we put into our bodies. I am sorry that the OP had to learn in such a dreadful way, so very young. But sadly we don't get to choose when those lessons come around.

Hopefuly, probably even, the OP will never have to worry about getting sick, developing AIDS, or even enduring anything but the slightest bit of irritating side effects from medications when and if he goes on them. HIV is certainly not what it was twenty, fifteen, even five years ago.

The OP is 20. THIS is the time he needs to get his life together, finish education, make certain that he is in a position to get and maintain access to treatment. He might have YEARS to do this, or months. But this is a critical period in his life. he more time he spends on prosecuting the guy who transmitted this virus, the more time he loses. And I know from experience that life doesn't stand still while we gnash our teeth.

From every standpoint - legal, political sociological, psychological, I see the call for vengeance to be, at the very least, a poisonous route. For the OP, for the HIV community, and for the society that still considers us monsters.

It would be VERY helpful, NiniMo, if you started an introductory thread. It's awkward, not being able to know to whom I am replying. For all I know, there are legitimate reasons you feel the way you do. I for one would appreciate that perspective - if only because I don't want to come off as a total asshole.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 07:27:11 am »

Disagree or not, that is the law

Just because it's the law doesn't make it right. The law is often an ass and it most certainly IS an ass when it comes to the criminalisation of hiv. Criminalising hiv does far more harm than good and this has been shown again and again in research.

It would be VERY helpful, NiniMo, if you started an introductory thread.

I agree. Are you even hiv positive NiniMo?

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 01:52:31 pm »
Hi Robbie,

The operative words here are knowingly transmits the virus, not MAY have transmitted the virus.  Huge difference and sadly, our Canadian laws have it exactly wrong on who can be prosecuted for anything, with no proof of actual HIV infection.  This is what is meant by: "The law is an ass."  There used to be laws against black people, women's right to vote, bi-racial marriage, etc. and eventually they were abolished as the discriminatory laws that they were.  Nobody is suggesting that people who willfully try and infect others should not be prosecuted, but that's not what is happening in many of the recent cases.

Until people start to realize that only you can protect yourself, nothing will change.  This "victim" mentality that pervades society about these poor negative folks being preyed on by disease spreading pozzies is absolutely disgusting and if spreading disease is such a bad thing, why don't we prosecute folks for spreading other STDs?  Surely you don't believe that only HIV can really mess you up.  So why single out HIV?

What's even more frightening to me is this idea that even if you don't know your status, but you engage in activities where you suspect you may contract it, that it's the same as "knowing" your status.  There are far too many gray areas, especially when many folks who become poz are looking to blame someone, anyone, except themselves for becoming infected.

Joe

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 01:07:00 pm »
I actually have a bit to say on this.  I discovered several years back now that one of my recurring tricks was someone I really didn't know nearly as much about as I thought I did.  It seems he was one of those rare bug spreader guys that everybody shrieks about. 

I know all of this because he croaked...and when he did, it was discovered as people were clearing out his belongings that he had done things like substitute oil based lube in water based bottles, and the little basket of condoms he always had nearby were found to have tiny pin holes pushed through them.

Now none of this particularly applied to me because I was a genuine sperm sponge back in the day and didn't insist on any particular protections - but others did, and they were horrified to learn this...and then a few of them later did turn up poz.

I've wrestled a lot with how to feel about all this.  I feel bad for some of these guys because they totally got screwed - in a literal sense - and there seemed to be no sense of "justice" for them.  They couldn't even bless the guy out because he was 6 feet under.  I couldn't claim any such alleged moral ground yet still felt betrayed...because it turned out that this guy, who I perceived to not only be a fuck but a friend (I hung out at his place fairly frequently), was not at all who I thought he was.  The sense of betrayal was such that, despite all the time we had spent together, I couldn't bring myself to attend his funeral.  These days, I'm more inclined to see him as a man battling personal demons that I can't fully comprehend, and I end up just wishing everyone involved - including him - peace.

I am adamant against HIV criminalization because I think it is dangerous to both camps, the positive and the negative.  I want to shout out against the concept of AIDS Monsters, and yet...I don't know what to say to people like the other guys I described.  "Tough break?"  It seems so insufficient, and yet ultimately I think it is the best that can be offered because anger, fear and resentment can be sort of viral in their own respects and if you let yourself get overtaken by these emotions then you're essentially doubly infected.  It will not only have real consequences on your physical health, but your quality of life will be decimated.

We all have to accept that pretty much anything worth having (and boy howdy, sex is!) involves negotiated risks.  You might always wear your seatbelt and still get side swiped by a drunk driver.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline zach

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 02:49:49 pm »
Hi Robbie,

No one deserves this disease. OP clearly stated he was NOT raped. Regardless of what he may have believed about his partner, it was his choice to NOT wear protection.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:55:53 pm by zach »

Offline springfever

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 08:15:05 pm »
Posted by: killfoile
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:52:31 PM »
[The operative words here are knowingly transmits the virus, not MAY have transmitted the virus.  Huge difference and sadly, our Canadian laws have it exactly wrong on who can be prosecuted for anything, with no proof of actual HIV infection.  This is what is meant by: "The law is an ass."  There used to be laws against black people, women's right to vote, bi-racial marriage, etc. and eventually they were abolished as the discriminatory laws that they were.  Nobody is suggesting that people who willfully try and infect others should not be prosecuted, but that's not what is happening in many of the recent cases.quote][/quote]

Actually interestingly enough I was just reading about this today and in Canada, the legal duty to disclose ones status only arises where there is a "significant risk" of transmitting hiv.  In 2010, in Manitoba a man was acquitted and in Quebec a woman was acquitted, for having unprotected sex without first disclosing their HIV statuses when their viral loads were undetectable.  In both cases the judges ruled that the risks of HIV transmission were found to be less than significant.  It remains to be seen as to whether or not courts outside these two provinces will follow these decisions. 

http://www.aidslaw.ca/publications/interfaces/downloadFile.php?ref=1887

Johnson Aziga who was sentenced to first degree murder had unprotected sex with 11 women without disclosing, while having a very high viral load. 7 of the 11 women became infected with HIV and 2 of the 7 later died of HIV related cancers.  In 2005, prosecutors criminally charged a woman who stopped taking her meds during pregnancy and then breastfed the baby. 

Of course everyone should be responsible for their own choices but the Canadian law is not as cut and dry as it seems.

The sad part is that Canadian courts have not specifically defined "significant" risk leaving a great deal of uncertainty with when there is a legal obligation to disclose, (meaning it's up to the judge presiding over the case to decide).  In Manitoba and Quebec, the 2 people acquitted, were acquitted in the Court of Appeal, setting an important precedent, all lower courts are bound by the decisions.

Just thought I would shed some light on the justice system in Canada regarding HIV criminalization.

Offline dpb

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 08:41:11 pm »
Fully disagree on ALL counts.

If the person was the victim of rape, then by all means prosecute. But to willingly consent to unprotected sex IS to consent to the possibility of acquiring a sexually transmitted disease, including HIV.

Also, attempted murder? In 2012? With Canadian health care and access to treatment?

Yes, it DOES contribute to the stigma. NO OTHER disease is criminalized like HIV. It sets up apart as a singularly targeted class. I have fought, and WILL fight tooth and nail to have those horrible laws stricken from the books.

I could not agree more.

By consenting to unprotected sex, you assumed the risks.  No one is responsible for your own health but yourself.  I'm not condoning this individual for lying about his HIV status; I too was infected by a partner who repeatedly lied about theirs.  But, it is paramount that you take accountability for your own life and your own actions.  Criminalizing HIV is wrong, and only serves to further stigmatize and discriminates those who are infected.  I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but as with anything, in will become easier to accept, adjust, and live with in due time.  With access to medical care and treatment, there is no reason you can't live a long, healthy, and productive life.  Welcome to the forums.
Date        CD4    %    VL
1/15/11    Diagnosed
3/1/11    525    18    168,518
5/12/11    558    16    331,791
5/16/11    Started Atripla
5/31/11    NA    NA    1,200
6/15/11    721    21    330
7/15/11    649    23    231
8/15/11    569    25    UD
11/17/11  752    26    UD
3/1/12    634    27    UD
7/2/12    594    26    UD
2/13       676    30    UD
9/13       662    31    UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.