Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 321
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 314
Total: 315

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I Safe?  (Read 4218 times)

Offline dude2006

Am I Safe?
« on: September 30, 2006, 12:38:59 am »
Had my 1st sex last Feb 2006 thats 8 months ago with my girlfriend, we have not done any till today. Its not really sex, more to foreplay which involve fingering, oral sex and some rubbing, where I just rub the head of my penis on her vagina lips, without a condom. There was NO sexual intercourse. As for now, Im in a normal state, had the normal flu and cough like a month ago, Im recovered now.. but I think theres no signs of HIV infection, coz I'm feeling fine... Im alil just worried.

Question

1 - What are the signs of HIV and when does this signs happens?
2 - Without sexual intercourse, just rubbing without condom is it a high risk?
3 - Am I safe and do I need to have a HIV test, even after 8 months?

Thank you.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Am I Safe?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 01:49:15 am »
You didn't have a risk and you don't need to test.

Offline dude2006

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 02:04:15 am »
Thanks for your answer RapidRod... I know I was somewhere in the low risk area... However, just to ignore the whole oral sex, coz I know the risk factor is very very low. But can you tell me how can one get infected tru sexual?? Is it Only tru sexual intercourse??

Coz what worries me, is the tot of me n my girlfriend did some 10sec rubbing stated above without me using a condom... can I get infected? With in mind she is HIV positive.. Which honestly I do not know if she is or not.. but she looks fine..

Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 02:09:52 am »
Last answer: You don't get infected doing frontage. You can't tell anyones status by their looks. The rest of the answers will be in the "Welcome" thread which you were suppose to have read first before you posted.

Offline dude2006

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 02:26:33 am »
Thanks alot for your direct answers, that 'frontage' really scares me... anyways thx it eases me down now... after 8 months of wondering n thinking... probably its just guilt coz it was my 1st time... and its not even sexual intercourse. Coz since after the incident, I got a one time flu and cough, a lil sweat when a sleep, even when I'm in the loo.. if I see my stool looked differently I get worried... lol.

It would be great if anyone else has an opinion regarding on my situation.

Thx, keep it up.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 02:47:33 am »
Dude,

Rod is, as usual in these matters, spot on. You didn't have a risk for HIV transmission and you don't need to test as a result. What you do need to do is read our sparkling Welcome Thread which contains links to our lessons on HIV testing and transmission.

All sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least twice a year. A full screen includes an HIV antibody test. If it's been a while since your last test or if you've not had one before it might want to make an appointment to see your doctor or with your local clinic. I'm not saying this because I think you need to test as a result of what you describe here, but just for general genital maintenance. If you get my meaning.

Regards,

MtD

Offline dude2006

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 04:34:24 am »
Thanks for ur concern matty.

Im not sexually active... that was my 1st time.. and probably my last until I found someone to marry with.

With all this worryness and questions in mind.. i dont think I wanna go tru this again.. even tho doing it right and safe.. it will stuck in ur mind if ur safe or not, and going to doctors and stuff.. just cudnt bare the hessle and stuff...

Thanks guys.. really help me alot.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 07:18:48 am »
Dude, maybe you won't have sex again. Maybe. But hormones and happenings can   lead you into different directions sometimes.

So make sure you have read those lessons on Transmission and Testing which Rod pointed you to. You'll get all the basics there that you need to know about what to do for safer sex. That way if you do have sex again you can enjoy yourself, protect yourself and spare yourself of the kind of unnecessary worry you have been experiencing.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.