Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:36:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 234
Total: 235

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Interesting idea for a thread.  (Read 59882 times)

Offline RemyG1971

• E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa Try it to end the panic
Re: Interesting idea for a thread.
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2012, 10:02:03 pm »
... nothing like being caught in a lie. Now where is my free donut?

I will not alter the way I formulate a sentence for anyone, I believed I was answering the question. This response will be the last time I address this issue.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2012, 10:03:54 pm »

The Space Shuttle was just towed past this donut place on Saturday. They actually have horrible donuts.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:34 pm »
I will not alter the way I formulate a sentence for anyone, I believed I was answering the question. This response will be the last time I address this issue.

You sound like Mitt Romney.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:36 pm »

Oh, I think it's quite clear to other forum members what happened there.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2012, 10:11:40 pm »

You sound like Mitt Romney.

If you are suggesting I am a liar should that not be addressed as you sound like both Romney & President Obama? Because aren't they both liars?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2012, 10:12:25 pm »
lolwat

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2012, 10:15:43 pm »
If you are suggesting I am a liar should that not be addressed as you sound like both Romney & President Obama? Because aren't they both liars?

Um, okay.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:17:56 pm by Dachshund »

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2012, 10:32:02 pm »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2012, 10:35:36 pm »
Quit deflecting girlfriend.This response will be the last time I address this issue.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2012, 10:38:46 pm »
Quit deflecting girlfriend.This response will be the last time I address this issue.

Girlfriend....LOL I am a male, I am not deflecting a thing.

Offline ds4146

« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2012, 11:05:19 pm »
I am very close to the border and a war is taking place there every day. Innocent people are being slaughter and something needs to be done ASAP. I believe legalization is the only course of action we have left.
Please, please, please say you don't live in San Diego. And if by some chance you do, how would you know this based on the fact that you don't watch, read or otherwise view news? Most importantly, just tell me you don't live in SD.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2012, 11:08:31 pm »
More cops should smoke weed, some of them need to chill
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:49:42 pm by buginme2 »
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2012, 11:11:19 pm »
Please, please, please say you don't live in San Diego. And if by some chance you do, how would you know this based on the fact that you don't watch, read or otherwise view news? Most importantly, just tell me you don't live in SD.

I do live in San Diego. I do not watch the news and to my knowledge this isn’t widely reported anyway. I used to Surf in Baja weekly but no longer do because of the violence. My girlfriend has family South of the border and the ones who have not already bailed to the States illegally and looking to do it legally ASAP. I also have friends that live in Baja that I still surf with on the US side that explain how bad the current situation is & how it is getting worse.

Not to mention working Narcotics so close to the border you heard & observed some horrible stuff directly related to Mexico.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:26:06 pm by RemyG1971 »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2012, 11:25:50 pm »

I bet you surf without waves.... so cool.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2012, 11:27:14 pm »

I bet you surf without waves.... so cool.

I consider it my religion.

Offline zach

« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2012, 11:27:58 pm »
here in georgia today.... i've recently moved back into my departed grandparents home, our family has owned this home since wwII. in that time the area went from simple working class folks, to crime ridden streets. south central ATL

nice fall day, left my door open to allow the breeze in the screen door.

i take things like castle doctrine and curtilage seriously.

two police suvs pulled up in front of my house, one officer entered my property (came through the only open gate on the property)

it is reasonable for a person to walk from a public area to the obvious main entrance to the home using the most obvious path. otherwise, government agents need consent, a warrant, or probable cause of exigent circumstances to enter a home's curtilage.

cop didn't come to my door, instead he circled my house using what i would call tactical movement. as soon as he passed the front of the house i stopped and challenged him. "STOP, CAN I HELP YOU SIR? then asking why he didn't come to the door. at this time, his partner was pulling in.

concerns of burglaries in the area, health and welfare check of my elderly father. both reasonable answers.

then they began questioning me. asked to search my home, i refused. if you've got nothing to hide, why are you refusing? (a fools argument at best) i gave my name, and asked them to return with a warrant. they left. sat in his cruiser for 10-15 mins probably running a warrant check. over the course of the rest of the day did at least 10 slow drive bys.

i am treated like a suspect because of where i live, the house my grandfather bought when he returned for the pacific theater. this house has raised generations of my family. it is our castle. i resent being profiled into the "2%" because our family is lower working class. i am the 1%, not the rich, but the 1% that has served.

i resent cameras on every street corner, equipped with facial recognition and plate readers, all accessible from officers laptops in the cruiser.

i fear the rising police state, and the militarization of the police.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2012, 11:39:51 pm »
here in georgia today.... i've recently moved back into my departed grandparents home, our family has owned this home since wwII. in that time the area went from simple working class folks, to crime ridden streets. south central ATL

nice fall day, left my door open to allow the breeze in the screen door.

i take things like castle doctrine and curtilage seriously.

two police suvs pulled up in front of my house, one officer entered my property (came through the only open gate on the property)

it is reasonable for a person to walk from a public area to the obvious main entrance to the home using the most obvious path. otherwise, government agents need consent, a warrant, or probable cause of exigent circumstances to enter a home's curtilage.

cop didn't come to my door, instead he circled my house using what i would call tactical movement. as soon as he passed the front of the house i stopped and challenged him. "STOP, CAN I HELP YOU SIR? then asking why he didn't come to the door. at this time, his partner was pulling in.

concerns of burglaries in the area, health and welfare check of my elderly father. both reasonable answers.

then they began questioning me. asked to search my home, i refused. if you've got nothing to hide, why are you refusing? (a fools argument at best) i gave my name, and asked them to return with a warrant. they left. sat in his cruiser for 10-15 mins probably running a warrant check. over the course of the rest of the day did at least 10 slow drive bys.

i am treated like a suspect because of where i live, the house my grandfather bought when he returned for the pacific theater. this house has raised generations of my family. it is our castle. i resent being profiled into the "2%" because our family is lower working class. i am the 1%, not the rich, but the 1% that has served.

i resent cameras on every street corner, equipped with facial recognition and plate readers, all accessible from officers laptops in the cruiser.

i fear the rising police state, and the militarization of the police.

I agree with you. I have served and you service should be treated with Honor & Respect.

You gave the right answers; you did not have to give them your name.

The area just being high crime is not really good enough in my book for an Officer to enter onto the property of a house especially if it looks lived in. I could see if the house looked unoccupied but if someone lives there I do not believe they have any basis.

What was the relationship your Grandfather had with the Police? Would they stop and talk with him? Because if not a Welfare check would not be true because someone would have to call the local Police Dept. and ask for a welfare check and that would make no sense for a family member of your to ask for this if your Grandfather has passed.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2012, 11:54:38 pm »
I would love to live in San Diego but I can't afford it. Housing is 244% higher in San Diego than Greensboro but salaries in my field are approximately the same. BTW violent crime and property crime in Greensboro is ranked 8 out of 10 (10 being the worst) where San Diego is only 5/10.

Offline zach

« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2012, 11:57:01 pm »
my grandfather passed away 30 years ago. my father, who is in poor health, has been living in the house for a few years now. i thought the welfare check was a good answer, had he come to the door first. instead, he was going to cover the rear while his partner came to the front door. not really welfare check SOP.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:07:34 am by zach »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2012, 12:04:39 am »
I would love to live in San Diego but I can't afford it. Housing is 244% higher in San Diego than Greensboro

Maybe that just means your current mansion is too large for a family of two.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2012, 05:12:59 am »
I can't believe you haven't heard the term "meat eaters," yet you have your master's in CJ.  It was one of the first terms I learned in a class taught by a federal prosecutor.  It means cops who take bribes, swag etc.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline zach

« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2012, 08:32:51 am »
meat eaters and grass eaters were new york terms that came out of the knapp commission.... we're talking serpico here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knapp_Commission

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2012, 01:02:20 pm »
meat eaters and grass eaters were new york terms that came out of the knapp commission.... we're talking serpico here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knapp_Commission

Serpico, lol.  Those terms are also in many textbooks for criminal justice majors.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline zach

« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2012, 02:01:10 pm »
yeah, serpico, it wasn't meant as a joke, its where the terms came from. not the movie, the real thing.

The Knapp Commission (officially known as the Commission to Investigate Alleged Police Corruption) stemmed from a five-member panel initially formed in April 1970 by Mayor John V. Lindsay to investigate corruption within the New York City Police Department. The creation of the commission was largely a result of the publicity generated by the public revelations of police corruption made by Patrolman Frank Serpico and Sergeant David Durk.

"Grass Eaters" and "Meat Eaters"

The Knapp Commission Report on Police Corruption identified two particular classes of corrupt police officer, which it called "Grass Eaters" and "Meat Eaters". This classification refers to petty corruption under peer pressure ("eating grass") and aggressive premeditated major corruption ("eating meat").

The term "Grass Eaters" is used to describe police officers who "accept gratuities and solicit five, ten, twenty dollar payments from contractors, tow-truck operators, gamblers, and the like but do not pursue corruption payments." 'Grass eating' is something that a significant number of officers are guilty of, but which they learned to do so from other cops or from imitating the deviants they watch and investigate every day. The commission even concluded that 'grass eating' was used by police officers in New York City to prove their loyalty to the brotherhood, and with that came incentives like side jobs. One method of preventing cops from becoming corrupt is to eliminate this step by removing veteran cops who do this, without any veteran cops to learn this from, new officers might never decide to 'eat grass'.

"Meat Eaters" are officers who "spend a good deal of time aggressively looking for situations they can exploit for financial gain." An example of this is shaking down pimps and drug dealers for money not only for the material profit to the officers, but for the relief from guilt that the officers derive by convincing themselves that their victims deserve such treatment. They justify taking advantage of (these) criminals because they are considered the dregs of society."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:03:17 pm by zach »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2012, 02:24:44 pm »

If an Officer wants you to go into the Station to give a statement response should be 'Am I under arrest' if the answer is NO, DON'T GO.

Never EVER think speaking to Police is in your best interest because it is not, do not help their investigation by opening your mouth and giving voluntary statements no matter what the case or charge.

I read this with intrigue and chose not to comment until I spoke to my police chief uncle.  He indicated that in most cases, not cooperating will likely result in an arrest if there is suspicion of a crime or if someone else made a complaint against an individual.  If you don't relate your side of the story, the officer is left to make a decision on what "facts" or "allegations" he has.

If I weren't so dang lazy I could probably find some other credible links, but I already suspected that your advice wasn't appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:29:12 pm by wolfter »
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2012, 02:52:05 pm »
I read this with intrigue and chose not to comment until I spoke to my police chief uncle.  He indicated that in most cases, not cooperating will likely result in an arrest if there is suspicion of a crime or if someone else made a complaint against an individual.  If you don't relate your side of the story, the officer is left to make a decision on what "facts" or "allegations" he has.

If I weren't so dang lazy I could probably find some other credible links, but I already suspected that your advice wasn't appropriate.

The only way an Officer can make an arrest is based on Probable cause not reasonable suspicion. If you refuse to cooperate with the investigation that is your right to remain silent. Simply ask an Attorney and the first thing they will tell you is not speak with the Officer regarding the call, case or charge because in no way, shape of form are you going to help yourself by doing so.

I do not care how pissed the Officer will be you have the right to not speak with them and it is very simple there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. If you refuse to speak they cannot arrest you 'JUST BECAUSE' and if you are arrested you were going to be arrested anyway if the burden of Probable cause is met.

Being arrested and being charged are two separate areas. If you speak with an Officer an assist his/her investigation chances are you will be charged. If you do not want to take my word on this issue as stated above simply ask an Attorney and they will tell you the same.

If you are suspected in a Murder case do you think it would be in your best interest to speak with the Detectives when they want to speak with you or tell them to pound sand? Because believe it or not not speaking with them is in an opinion and just because you didn't speak with them does not mean they can arrest you. I use Murder as an example but it is the same exact thing for any investigation, any crime misdemeanor or felony.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:55:59 pm by RemyG1971 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2012, 04:12:52 pm »
yeah, serpico, it wasn't meant as a joke, its where the terms came from. not the movie, the real thing.

I'm aware of that Zach, geeze.  Don't take it so personal.  I was merely pointing out those terms stuck in law enforcement and are still in use today.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2012, 04:29:23 pm »
If I ever committed a crime, then I probably wouldn't speak with the authorities.  I guess you're assuming everyone is actually guilty.  If I was involved in any manner in an investgation and was innocent, I'd allow law enforcement to verify my alibi and such.

We certainly do have the right to remain silent, but an innocent person usually doesn't have anything to hide. 

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2012, 06:11:34 pm »

If I ever committed a crime I would speak to the "authorities"....  I'd tell them I didn't do it.  I saw this done many times on 48 hours.  I would also ask for a #3 McDonald's meal cuz it seems they give them to you for free.  It makes no sense going back home hungry.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2012, 06:56:40 pm »
I would love to live in San Diego but I can't afford it. Housing is 244% higher in San Diego than Greensboro but salaries in my field are approximately the same. BTW violent crime and property crime in Greensboro is ranked 8 out of 10 (10 being the worst) where San Diego is only 5/10.

I live in San Diego but when I worked for the PD I worked further North. San Diego is an amazing City=)

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2012, 07:03:25 pm »

I am sorry but the advice you were given is not only wrong but dead wrong. If an Officer or Detective was to ever arrest you for not cooperating that would be a huge mistake civilly & financially for that Department. The simple fact is the Officer needs Reasonable Suspicion to make an arrest, not a hunch, not a gut feeling, not reason suspicion, they need PC.

This is a very simple rule to follow:

If the Officer has PC already you are going to jail and you should never speak with them.

If the Officer needs to talk with you they are looking for PC and by talking that is only going to help them.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2012, 07:04:38 pm »
I'm aware of that Zach, geeze.  Don't take it so personal.  I was merely pointing out those terms stuck in law enforcement and are still in use today.

I asked a friend today about 'Meat Eaters' who is still on the Dept and he has never heard of that term either.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2012, 07:10:36 pm »

This is a very simple rule to follow:

If the Officer has PC already you are going to jail and you should never speak with them.

If the Officer needs to talk with you they are looking for PC and by talking that is only going to help them.

Hey, we agree on something!!!!

Unless you are the victim, there is no reason to speak with the police.  Your first step should be finding a good defense attorney, your second step is to STFU!!

I also agree that San Diego is a great city (except for some reason every time I am there I freeze my ass of, and that's from someone who lives in Seattle, go figure)

And I agree with you that smoking pot (or in your case vaporizing or whatevs) is A-OK!

See, common ground my friend

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2012, 10:54:19 pm »
Hey, we agree on something!!!!

Unless you are the victim, there is no reason to speak with the police.  Your first step should be finding a good defense attorney, your second step is to STFU!!

I also agree that San Diego is a great city (except for some reason every time I am there I freeze my ass of, and that's from someone who lives in Seattle, go figure)

And I agree with you that smoking pot (or in your case vaporizing or whatevs) is A-OK!

See, common ground my friend

Well said unless you are a victim STFU and STFU not sometime but everytime, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER talk to the Police is the Police are called to your house, if you are suspected in a crime or if you are arrested.

As for freezing you butt off in San Diego they say you blood thins out in warmer temps. I am from a cold area and I know I could never go back there to live. I consider freezing to 60

Offline zach

« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2012, 11:20:53 am »
"We certainly do have the right to remain silent, but an innocent person usually doesn't have anything to hide."

That is an incredibly weak viewpoint. The Bill of Rights protects and guarantees our natural rights. An innocent person shouldn't exercise their right to remain silent, to be secure from unreasonable search and seizure? How about any of my other civil/human rights? Which ones should I sacrifice, because I'm innocent? My answer is not a single fkn one of them.

I NEVER cooperate with police, I obey lawful orders, and there is a difference. I choose NEVER to speak to police, that is my right. I will always bear true faith and alligence to the Constitution.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2012, 11:30:11 am »

That is an incredibly weak viewpoint.

You absolutely have an entitlement to your viewpoint, but don't downplay mine.  I find nothing "incredibly" weak about my views and they have served me ok. 

Perhaps it's because I've never had issues with police projecting behaviors towards me that so many here have expressed.  I've cooperated whenever requested and will probably always do so. 

But thanks for once again stirring this pot Zach, it was about to die a natural death.

Offline zach

« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2012, 11:54:21 am »
Fair enough, instead of discourse, let it die. Remember the Eagle raid in Atlanta? Lets hope the same thing never happens at an AIDSmeds Gathering.

edited to add.... and btw, thanks for shushing me. stirring the pot once again? we've both posted 9 times in this thread. i realize that since i don't have the "history" here, and that i haven't had AIDS as long as others, my input is not as legitimate. its something i've been reminded of before here. so i'll go sit in the corner and be quite now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:07:31 pm by zach »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2012, 12:10:30 pm »
Fair enough, instead of discourse, let it die. Remember the Eagle raid in Atlanta? Lets hope the same thing never happens at an AIDSmeds Gathering.

I have to agree because I remember this incident - and it was completely unsuprising to me that they did it.  The police have stomped all over me and my rights - and don't give me any of your "closet criminal" bullshit, remy - and as far as I am concened, they can all fucking rot for all I care.

Police can (and do...and DID, in my case) manufacture "probable cause" all the damn time because they know they can get away with it almost every time.  In my case, simce some of you are likely wondering, I had to sit in jail for three fucking months over bullshit charges that were eventually completely dropped...but not until after having to pay out thousands for an attorney and having to sit in terror in jail.  Oh...and missing the funeral of my dear cousin while in there.

If the police would have done their jobs properly instead of acting like the rat fucking bastards they are, none of it would have ever happened.  I fucking hate them.  Might as well just say so. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2012, 01:31:03 pm »
There is article in the local paper today how police are now using portable fingerprint scanners.  They can scan your finger, an in 30 seconds it tells them who you are, your criminal history, etc.

Creepy

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019468300_fingerprints19m.html

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2012, 02:51:43 pm »
Creepy

It is creepy.  Then you throw in the fact that cops are smoking that high grade (or eating, vaporizing) kush and can't even remember that they do it.  What if during a weed induced traffic stop they forgot to clear the scanner and think the soccer mom they just pulled over for going 7 mph over the speed limit is a serial rapist?

Soccer moms every where should be scared.

They don't have to worry about Remy though, he's retired.  He is probably doing a confessional on Santa Monica Beach right now!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2012, 05:00:50 pm »
There is article in the local paper today how police are now using portable fingerprint scanners.  They can scan your finger, an in 30 seconds it tells them who you are, your criminal history, etc.

Creepy

That is really creepy, I agree.  It seems things today are so invasive.  A couple years ago a car rear ended me.  Within a couple weeks I started getting letters from chiropractors and scam lawyers.  But this portable fingerprint scanners are a bit much. 

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2012, 09:47:26 pm »

They don't have to worry about Remy though, he's retired.  He is probably doing a confessional on Santa Monica Beach right now!

*giggle*
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline wolfter

« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2012, 08:47:58 am »
i realize that since i don't have the "history" here, and that i haven't had AIDS as long as others, my input is not as legitimate. its something i've been reminded of before here. so i'll go sit in the corner and be quite now.

Since this isn't an HIV related issue, length of diagnosis is irrelevant.  I never said your input is not legitimate, you said my views were.  You "quoted" my opinion and indicated it was a weak opinion.  You could have stated your views without downplaying mine.

You can come out of the corner and play now. :D

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2012, 11:15:20 am »

I have to agree because I remember this incident - and it was completely unsuprising to me that they did it.  The police have stomped all over me and my rights - and don't give me any of your "closet criminal" bullshit, remy - and as far as I am concened, they can all fucking rot for all I care.

Police can (and do...and DID, in my case) manufacture "probable cause" all the damn time because they know they can get away with it almost every time.  In my case, simce some of you are likely wondering, I had to sit in jail for three fucking months over bullshit charges that were eventually completely dropped...but not until after having to pay out thousands for an attorney and having to sit in terror in jail.  Oh...and missing the funeral of my dear cousin while in there.

If the police would have done their jobs properly instead of acting like the rat fucking bastards they are, none of it would have ever happened.  I fucking hate them.  Might as well just say so.

I agree with you that if you have a corrupt Police Officer they can manufacture Probable Cause because the Judicial System leans toward their word and not the citizens, it is wrong.

I had a classmate in my Academy who came from an East Coast Police Department and I heard him say that he was told by a Training Officer back East ‘You find me a gun in that car and I will the PC that allowed us to search that vehicle after the fact’ or ‘If we have no reason to pull them over and it goes sideways NO SEATBELT.’

The simple fact is there are corrupt Officers out there and if you run into one and look the part chances are you might find yourself in a heap of trouble over nothing.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2012, 11:18:02 am »

Creepy

We were using this technology shortly after 9/11 with Federal money grants.

Local Police Departments are TODAY getting Federal Grants to allow Officers to work OT (Overtime) to act as spotters on Freeway overpasses to look for people driving & texting, radioing to an Officer in a Patrol Car on the Freeway and having them cited. We are without a doubt moving more toward a Big Brother society.

Offline RemyG1971

« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2012, 11:19:20 am »
It is creepy.  Then you throw in the fact that cops are smoking that high grade (or eating, vaporizing) kush and can't even remember that they do it.  What if during a weed induced traffic stop they forgot to clear the scanner and think the soccer mom they just pulled over for going 7 mph over the speed limit is a serial rapist?

Soccer moms every where should be scared.

I was surfing but not Santa Monica Beach, the waves were amazing, if you have never tried you have to give it a shot.

Offline poz91

« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2012, 12:20:14 pm »
Not to beat a dead horse, but my ethics class addressed the whole 'should police officers accept gratuities' issue pretty convincingly...

Cop pulls over a drunk driver, and there sitting behind the wheel is the owner of the local diner who has provided members of the local PD with free lunches for the last 5 years.

Now one free $5.00 lunch might not seem like much, but multiply that by 365 days, then multiply that by 5 years... it comes to $9,125 dollars. Then multiply that by the average number of officers who take advantage of the free lunch every day... you're quickly talking about someone who has directly provided individual members of the PD with tens of thousands of dollars in goods and services. 

Even though the officers may not have considered accepting free lunches a bribe, and even though the diner's owner may not have intended it to be a bribe... it can easily have the same effect. The cop who has cummulatively received nearly $10,000 worth of freebies over the years from this man is going to be inclined to show him some leniency, and the man is likely going to expect it.

Moral of the story... there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.