Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:33:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 388
Total: 389

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: im prepared  (Read 35828 times)

Offline detpiston7788

im prepared
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:05:35 pm »
I read through alot of the threads regarding condoms, and alot of the people here say as long as condoms are used, theres no way to transmite hiv.  But, i gone into Condom websites, and they are saying that condoms dosen't prevent anything.  So, why is there different things being said? im starting to get a little scared, for the majority i've used condoms with the people i was with now i could have hiv

Offline RapidRod

Re: Im lost here?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:13:28 pm »
Excuse me? That is not what any condom website says. It just never says that any condom is 100% effective and that because of improper use, not used correctly or not used consistently and condom failure.

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:24:37 pm »
yes i would agree with u about improper use. But, some of these sights say stds can still be transmitted regardless.  Even the vatican says condoms don't work.  I also read this forum on here that a member posted saying they got hiv even with a condom.  am i reading too much into to this? Ever sense i go into hiv sights, it makes me really scared, what must i do?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:28:55 pm »
Leave religion out of it. Religion and condoms don't mix and it has nothing to do about reliability. Now if you have a question about HIV post it, if not, don't be fear mongering because of your lack of knowledge.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 12:32:29 pm »
det,

If you've ever had unprotected intercourse, you need to test. Even if you haven't, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 01:19:54 pm »
thanks ann. i will get tested. But, i still have many questions.  The super aids thing, is that rare?   Why are bacterial diseases easier to catch than virual?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 11:44:11 am »
The main difference between these two categories of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), now more commonly referred to as sexually transmitted infections, or STIs, is what causes them — bacterial STIs are caused by bacteria and viral STIs are caused by viruses. As a result of being caused by different microorganisms, bacterial and viral STIs vary in their treatment. Bacterial STIs, such as gonorrhea, syphilis, and chlamydia, are often cured with antibiotics. However, viral STIs, such as HIV, HPV (genital warts), herpes, and hepatitis (the only STI that can be prevented with a vaccine) — the four Hs, have no cure, but their symptoms can be alleviated with treatment.

Offline detpiston7788

i keep getting told bad stuff
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 10:02:02 pm »
this is why im scared to death to get tested, i had people tell me that hiv is a death sentance, while on here, everyone has high spirits. I dunno what to do anymore

Offline RapidRod

Re: i keep getting told bad stuff
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 10:11:18 pm »
First thing you do is keep all your thoughts and questions in your orginal thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 05:56:37 am »
Det,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hiv is hardly a death sentence anymore. In fact, the sooner a person is diagnosed, the better chance they have of living a normal life-span. It's people who stick their head in the sand and don't test until they wind up in hospital with a serious (usually chest) infection who end up having problems. We've come a long way, baby, to use a cliche.

If you've been using condoms, chances are you're worrying over nothing. Get tested if in doubt of your status bacause hiv is nothing to guess about.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 01:34:58 pm »
well after doing resarch, now im super afraid of getting tested. Now, i read tht people can catch a drug resistant hiv. if thats the case with me, im done pretty much, meds wont work.  how often does that happen?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 05:57:49 pm »
det,

What makes you think you're infected? Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus.

Look at it this way. If you are hiv positive, not testing isn't going to change that fact. You are much more likely to die if you wait until you're admitted to hospital with PCP or worse than if you are diagnosed early. Stop playing games and if you've actually had a risk, get tested.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 12:02:56 am »
well, after doing some reading, i know for sure i got it. I read that hiv can get through on small cuts on the penis. And after what i heard about my partner, shes hiv positive.  And unforutnatly i do have a few cuts (thats what they look like :(    Im scared, i dont want to be seperated from my family! how can i be this dumb? If hiv isnt a death sentance anymore, then why are alot of people still dying?

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 12:17:35 am »
o, now i just read a post that a memeber here got hiv, and they clamined to always using condoms.  So i guess sex is just not safe anymore.  Condoms to me dont work ever sense i saw that persons post.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 07:44:08 am »
Seek out the help of a mental health professional. There is nothing more we can help you with. You do not get HIV by using correctly used condoms.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 08:02:36 am »
You've been told the real deal here. Properly used condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission. Period.

Theoretically nothing is 100% safe. So anytime you have sex with anything other than your hand there is a possibility of transmission. But in the real world of HIV we know from experience that condoms do the job.

Other STDs are another matter. Some can be contracted from skin-to-skin contact. That's why Ann has mentioned that anyone who's sexually active should be getting a full STD panel done regularly -- at least once a year.

There's no problem with having vaginal or anal intercourse with a partner who is HIV+ as long as condoms are used consistently. Many thousands of sero-dystonic couples are having good lives together in every way including sexually, while effectively protecting the status of the sero-negative partner.

You seem to be spending a lot of energy on what ifs and maybes. That's not good for your health. If you can't let go of searching for things to worry about in relation to HIV, then I concur with the suggestion that you get some professional help to deal with this issue.

Andy Velez

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 02:08:18 pm »
can i ask this tho, if someone has a high viral load, can they easliy give hiv to someone else? or versus a low viral load?  i cant afford a threapist btw, so u guys are the experts  ;D   i guess i'll confess  past years i've been with a lot of people, majority condoms used.  But the past 3 have been no condom use.  Last 2 people are clean, i know for a fact. But the recent one im scared. I've heard rumors that shes been with a lot people herself, (including a herion addict) thats y im scared. Im also scared of re enfection.  I know i gotta get tested, i know it'll come out as positive. i just dont know what to tell my family  :-[

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 02:58:23 pm »
1. You have had unprotected intercourse. That means you need to get tested at 13 weeks past the most recent such incident.

2. You need to wear a condom everytime you have intercourse. It's not something to do when you feel like it or it's convenient. Everytime you have unprotected intercourse you are putting your life at risk.

3.  Using the term "clean" in reference to HIV status is insensitive and offensive. HIV is a virus and people are either HIV+ or HIV negative. Clean and dirty do not apply as appropriate terms.

4. Someone with a high viral load is more potentially a source of infection than someone with a low viral load.

5. Get tested and find out your status.

Andy Velez

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 10:52:27 pm »
in response to "condoms work"  Why is it i been reading about some memebers getting infected despite condom use?

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 11:02:06 pm »
Well, if you have been doing all of this reading on this forum, maybe you can tell us the specific thread and we can read and analyze the story. You say there are more than one of these stories, so it won't take you long.

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 12:13:44 pm »
in the "i just tested poz"  SOmeone by the name of rugger, justsomeguy,

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 02:31:28 pm »
Those individuals did not contract HIV from proper condom use contrary to what they may have stated.

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 02:38:18 am »
ok another question, back in march, i got a voicemail from some county clinic. They said that some girl came in to get tested for hiv, this message was left at 7am.  They said " and unfortunatly u were one of the people that she slepted with, so we'll be calling you soon"  From this day on, i have yet to hear from them.  Could this all be a joke? Past few people i was with have my #. They could've called me. I dont understand this at all.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:16 am »
Det,

I advised you when you first came here that anyone who is sexually active should be having regular sexual health care check ups. You said you would, but you obviously haven't. Why don't you just go get tested and get it over with? Wringing your hands won't change whether or not you have been infected with anything. Just go get tested and collect what I'm expecting to be a negative result.

There's not much more we can do for you here. We've explained what is a risk and how to protect yourself, now the rest is up to you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 12:28:27 am »
so far i got tested for gohn and clamidya, both neg, im awaiting sphyliss results. Im still too afraid to test for hiv. YES! i know! i gotta do it, but i read so much stuff here, i used condoms years ago and i figure i was fine, until now, i read stuff about people getting hiv with condom use. How can you guys promote condom use when people still get the virus anyway? I kinda wonder if i have aids now. I dont feel sick, i havent lost weight. Im just stressed out, shaking. Makes me wonder how much more time i have? And i could be drug resistant to every med. If that was the case, im done for. I guess, nothings safe anymore  :-[   This whole things got me stressed and depressed. I almost addmitted myself to the hospital weeks ago, my friend keeps telling me that im going to die after the incident with my last partner (her cousin)  I wonder if shes right?  I dunno what to do, im too scared to get tested, i've had alot of partners with condoms tho, thats y overall im afraid

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 04:57:11 am »
Referring to your post about the call in March from the county health department, it sounds like a hoax to me.  They don't get that specific, especially not on an answering machine, they either speak to you face to face or over the phone, and they haven't called you back either, so I don't think that was real.

Using the term "clean" to describe someone who doesn't have HIV is really rude and insensitive.  I find it interesting you would use such terms when you are trying to ask us for help--and we are HIV positive people.  Use some respect.

Condoms are reliable for HIV prevention.  If they are used correctly, consistently, and do not break--you won't get it.  HIV cannot pass through intact latex, no way no how.  Studies have proven how effective condoms are.  Also the countless magnetic couples out there who do just fine and the positive doesn't infect the negative.  Your friend doesn't know what she is talking about (HIV doesn't equal death) and is rather insensitive anyway. 

Get tested 13 weeks after your incident of unprotected sex.  You cannot go by symptoms, you need the test.  I am really rather confused why you are even posting here anyway.  If you are going to ignore all advice and not even get tested, which is the only way to tell if you are infected, why are you here?  A rapid test can tell you in 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 04:59:24 am by Coffeechick88 »
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 12:35:30 pm »
in regards to "clean and dirty" Forgive me, i do agree that those terms arent appropriate. I hang around a miserable person that tries to brainwash me. I guess i have trouble dealing with fear, and its all me now.  Again, i am sorry for using those terms. That was uncalled for

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 12:42:59 pm »
You read stuff about people getting HIV with condom use on here?  If so, can you tell me where you saw that? 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 12:04:22 am »
Thunter34

I was checking out the posts from jane007 and rugger

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2006, 05:29:21 am »
Guess you didn't read the replies. Did you notice she Registered Aug 8th and last time here was the 12th. She got caught trying to start trouble and it didn't work.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2006, 05:41:33 am »
det,

The results from patient report and scientific studies beg to differ with each other. Highly controlled, well thought out studies conducted with hundreds of poz/neg couples over many years have shown us, without doubt, that condoms do work.

However, patient report is notoriously unreliable. People sometimes cannot bring themselves to admit that they engaged in unsafe sexual behaviour. Others forget due to the influence of drink and/or drugs.

There have been three major "serodiscordant" (poz/neg couples) studies, the longest of which lasted for ten years and involved hundreds of couples. This translates into many acts of sexual intercourse. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one. This shows us the reliability of correct and consistent condom use when it comes to the prevention of hiv transmission.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline detpiston7788

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 10:39:22 am »
Rod,
Were u talking about jane007? Cause that was a really wired post. I didnt read the rest of it tho. So....ok then. I mean when i was at the health department last week, the nurse assursed me that condoms do the job, i mean i dont have clamidiya (surprised about that too) considering thats a common infection in this country. But i do need to seek help for sure, this isnt good for my health at all. I do appriciate u guys trying to help.

Offline sexadditc007

Ok, here goes.
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2006, 11:00:05 pm »
Hello everyone.  Heres my story.  I am a 25 yr old male, hetrosexual  (not that it makes any difference)  8 years ago or so in 99 i started sleeping with escorts (cause they were really hot) i had that life style from 99 to 02. So about 25 total. All with condoms.  I had one night stands with 4 other women, all with condoms tho.  So far, no symptoms of anything, but never got tested because i assume condoms do the trick. (not always that case tho)  Later on in 02 i was in a realionship with a gril, i was fully aware of her status and we slepted together alot with no condoms (she showed me her test results). Broke up 4 months later, and had 4 one night stands, 2 with condoms, however, 2 w/o.  Those 2 w/o condoms are only once and breif 2 minute sessions tho. What i found amazing is that even after my g/f at the time in 02, after we broke up, she got tested and didnt contract anything of what i may have gotten from the escorts.  Last week i did get tested for hepetits B, gohn and clam. All were amazingly negative!  I am really afraid of Hiv tho.  I know i got it, im scared to get tested for it tho, im just not sure if i got it from the escorts or others?  i feel so foolish.  I know that symptoms dont show up for 10 years of hiv going to aids, but im scared that i may have aids now and nothing could be done to prolong my life, or can it? Your help would be awsome

Offline sexadditc007

Re: Ok, here goes.
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2006, 11:55:06 pm »
yes i know, i acted irresponsibly.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2006, 12:27:30 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You

Hey Sexadditc007...

From what you described, due to your heavy activity with sex and with some being unprotected, you may want to consider getting a HIV test done to find out if you are positive or not.

When engaging in Anal/Vaginal Sex, you should always use a condom for your protection.

Enjoy your Holiday Season and Thank you for sharing.

"Don't You Dare Give Up, Don't You Dare Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline sexadditc007

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2006, 12:37:05 am »
i guess im poz then according to what u said :(  i've used condoms for the majority, im too scared to test! i dunno how much long to live i have

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2006, 12:48:44 am »
No, he is simply saying that because there was some unprotected activity involved, you may wish to get an HIV test (that will most likely end up NEGATIVE) simply to calm your nerves and give you some peace of mind about the whole thing.  It would really be doing yourself a favor in that regard, kiddo!  ;)

It reads as though you only had very brief moments without the condoms, and female to male transmission occurs far less often than male to female anyway.

You'll probably be in the clear so buck up, little camper!   ;D

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 12:49:46 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You

Hey Sexadditc007...

I can certainly understand your inner anxiety right now. There is no guessing with HIV. With your heavy sexual activity with some being unprotected, then you should consider getting a test done to see if you are positive or not.

No guess work. Have a test done in order to determine your status.

Thanks Tim for your clarification.

"Don't You Dare Give Up, Don't You Dare Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline sexadditc007

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2006, 01:14:05 am »
what do u guys think of escorts? safe or no?

Offline Shy-Boy-123

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2006, 01:18:24 am »
No.. escorts have high risks of having HIV because of the many people they sleep with.

Offline sexadditc007

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2006, 01:25:43 am »
then i guess i am poz :( guess i'll be moving this to the "i just tested poz forum" condoms failed

Offline Eldon

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2006, 01:26:37 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You

Hey Sexadditc007...

In my opinion, when a individual is having Sex with multiple partners that do not disclose of their status along with a number of "unknowns" that may be present with this type of lifestyle activity, then they are running in a higher risk category due to the frequency of there Sexual encounters with partners they do not have a background on.

When looking at this, it is quite possible that the individual may have taken a risk with unprotected sex with a partner due to the "heat of the moment" at any given time. By them doing this, it puts them at a "higher risk" to contract the HIV virus.

In short, there is a lot of things that can. may, or will go on during a sexual encounter. What goes on behind closed doors, they are not going to share it with their next client.

Play it safe. When in engaging in Sex either Anal or Vaginal, wear a condom and protect yourself.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2006, 01:28:59 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You

Hey Sexadditc007...

Do not assume if you are HIV positive. Get tested to know the facts. Especially if there was unprotected sex that was involved and condom breakage.

Offline sexadditc007

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2006, 01:33:36 am »
im more worried about those escorts i was with, i had a dr tell me that they arent high risk because theyt always use protection. But how much protection can condoms have???  I might already have aids and not even know it? i dont feel sick or anything, im going nuts! I might die within a year or so

Offline sexadditc007

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2006, 01:34:30 am »
i've used protection with each escort btw

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2006, 01:38:10 am »
Hold up!  

Shy Boy:  As someone very new to this site and a poster to the 'Am I Infected?' thread yourself, I don't think you are in a very good position to be handing out HIV advice to fellow concerned visitors here.  

SexAddict:  Settle down, for goodness sake!  Read what we have just written to you!  We have both (Eldon and I) advised you to see about getting a test to relieve your worries and ease your mind.  I also personally just told you that, based on what you presented, you were most likely going to be fine.  You then let one sentence of gloom and doom (from someone who is here asking the same types of questions you are) cancel everything we have just said and send you back into fear and worry.  Take a breath.  

If you have an exposure risk, you need to get a test just to settle the issue once and for all.  No one here can do any crystal ball diagnosis for you (positive or negative) over the internet.  

Also note that it isn't a very fair thing to tag prostitutes and others as 'carriers' & such.  After all, it takes two for that tango.  They can't be prostitutes unless there are people willing to be clients, now can they?  The bottom line is to protect yourself with condoms when you are having sex, and get a test if you happen to feel something has caused you to be at an additional risk.

That's really all there is to it.

Good luck!

Tim
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 01:40:21 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2006, 01:39:36 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You

Hey Sexadditc007 ...

I DO understand where you are coming from with this. I gave you feedback on the situation with "escorts". There are a number of "unknowns" that exist that you do not know about.

Right now, your thoughts are racing because of a lot of "unkowns". CALM DOWN. The BEST thing that you CAN DO in this case is to go and get tested. It will give you a peace-of-mind.

Worrying is not going to resolve the issue, it is only going to make it worse.

Thanks Tim for your clarification.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 01:41:58 am by Eldon »

Offline sexadditc007

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2006, 01:44:05 am »
i assure u guys, condoms were worn when i was with those escorts. my thing is, im not sure if they work or not.  Again, i tested negative for hepetits B, clamydia and ghon. Could that be a good sign somewhat?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2006, 01:52:40 am »
Used properly, condoms work.  There's no point in trying to use results from one set of tests to establish results for another.  That's like trying to use a hearing test to find out if someone's blind.

There's no way around it, kid:  If you want to find out for sure, you'll need to get a test.  If you want to get the test, you'll just have to suck it up and be brave like everyone else.  All these 'but what about this?' and 'what about that?' deals are just not going to bring you the peace of mind you are seeking.  Although it sounds like a fairly minimal risk to me, there appears to be some risk involved (since you did have some sex without condoms), so you will have to get a test to find out for sure. 

If you used condoms with the escorts, that should not be a risk.  I am referring to the instances above you mentioned where there was some insertion without condoms....and even that did not sound like an avalanche of risk either.  Still, want to know?  Get a test.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 01:54:26 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline sexadditc007

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2006, 01:55:40 am »
ur right, i do agree. i guess im just afriad my cd4 is gonna be too low to treat if i come back poz. Im scared the dr's will say theres nothing they can do for me.  I mean, the escorts themselves put the condoms on me, my urethra was covered is that good enough????????

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.