Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:35:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 346
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Estimated Time of Delivery  (Read 2591 times)

Offline JeffInNYC

Estimated Time of Delivery
« on: December 29, 2006, 10:57:49 pm »
Well I ordered my TV and its scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  They have aphone number to call after 9PM to get the stimated time of delivery which will be updated throughout the day.

I called because I need to know when its coming since this week Im not staying at my place - so I need to know what time I have to high tail it over to my apartment.

Well guess what?  The estimated time of delivery is anywhere from 7AM to 7PM....are they freaking kidding me?  They give me a 12 hour window?  So basically I have to haul my ass outta bed super early tomorrow because I have to assume they will be there by 7 - even though Im sure they wont be.

Im pissed!

Anyone else ever have this kind of experience?

Offline Eldon

Re: Estimated Time of Delivery
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 02:46:48 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You!

Hey Jeff...

This is really some pad you are setting up. Wow! In any case to answer your question as I have experience with this. The reason they give you a window is because of something that may delay them enroute to deliver your TV. They do not want to give you a set time and do not show up at that time and piss you off. This is WHY they give time windows.

Take care of YOU!

Don't You Dare Give Up... Don't You Dare Give In...
BECAUSE It IS ALL Within YOU to WIN!!!

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 05:39:44 am »
12 hours is not a window....thats the entire day! I just called right now and its still a 12 hour window.  Ridiculous.

Offline fearless

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 06:21:20 am »
Chuckles.
Sorry, Jeff. I know what a pain in the butt that would be. With a window like that, why did they bother. They should have just said see you Friday, sometime.
They better be cute. And, make them move it a few times just for fun. Or, say the lift is broken and make them use the stairs.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 06:46:48 am »
Let me see, Lowe's is like that, Verizon too. At least Direct TV, will tell you an apx. time and they usually are here at that time or a little before. If Direct is going to be late at least they call you. I know what you are going through.

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 10:16:32 pm »
Hey Steve...one guy wasnt cute at all.  The other one I wouldnt say was cute - in fact he was sort of lowlife....but there was something about him that was sexy...not sure what it was...I guess he was hot in a lowlife sort of way. LOL

Anywaym the guy was very helpful and polite and since he had overtones of hotness, i tipped him. LOL

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 06:37:08 am »
Having bought a house full of furniture, a 51" TV and washer and dryer this past year....I spent half the time waiting for some delivery guy
to show up ...been there, done that and got the T-Shirts :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 07:49:47 am »
If there is a phone number, you might call at the beginning of the day and find out if someone there has a list of the day's deliveries. They ought to be able to give you an idea of where you are on the list and that would narrow down when the likely delivery time will be.   
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.