Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:17:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Teevir (Mylan) / Atripla rash  (Read 5372 times)

Offline ipositive

Teevir (Mylan) / Atripla rash
« on: July 23, 2016, 04:41:55 am »
on the 8th day of my ART medication (Teevir / Atripla) i started seeing dark red rash which is itchy below shoulders of both arms (little above armpits)

The Dermatologist prescribed Hydrochloric Tabs along with Montelukast & Levocetrizine tabs and Prednisolone 5 mg twice a day. Aside that a lotion which is a mix of Aloe vera gel + Calamine + Diphenhydramine + Camphor to take care of the inflammed rash

(Rashes are deep colored on both upper arm and flat red on chest and showing up on the back and both butt cheeks)

The anti histamines take care of the itchy feeling to a great extent for a few hours...Been two days now with the rash ...If i have to grade it, day 2 is slightly less inflammed than day 1 but the area of rash has increased.

I also take 2 table spoons of ACV in warm water twice a day and green tea twice a day (these two are natural anti histamines)

I am hoping that the rash / itch gets in control and i am able to continue with Teevir (Atripla in US) as it is pretty convenient to have a single tablet versus two or 3 pills daily.

I will update this thread as an when the days proceed or i see any changes. Pray i do not get fever / rash on face which will definitely mark the end of Teevir regimen for me.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Teevir (Mylan) / Atripla rash
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 05:35:47 am »
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear your having problems, I understand the dermatologist has seen the rash but have you gone back and spoken to your ID doctor at all regarding the rash?

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ipositive

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:24:35 pm »
It's day 4 since the rash broke out... The anti histamine worked and my rash has almost disappeared... Though am fearful to stop the medicines as the rash may re-appear... Will keep y'all posted

Offline ipositive

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 01:28:07 pm »
Hi Jim

Yes I had informed my dermatologist about me being positive and the ART medication I am on. I had also kept my ID informed of all the medication am on. :)

Am feeling positive since the rash has become v faint and the dermatologist had recommended the antihistamine for 10 days.

Guess I should be good.

Moreover I don't have other side effects of Teevir other than feeling woozy for first 3/4 days(miss that high😁)

Offline ipositive

Re: Teevir (Mylan) / Atripla rash (returns )
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 01:08:30 am »
An update -

The rash returned back on the 25th day of taking the ART Medicine Teevir (Atripla)

To give a clear picture here is the sequence of events -

13 July 2016 - Started Teevir (generic for Atripla)

18 July 2016 - Rash appears (purple) on upper forearms , chest (red color - not as bad as forearm) , some on back and legs

took prednisone 5mg 1-0-1 for 3 days and Cetrizine and HCL tablets for a week. The rash cleared by 25 July 2016 completely

7 or 8 August 2016 - My legs was itchy again

10 August - woke up in morning with red rash on chest , deep red rash on upper arm and forearm along with thighs and ankle with itchiness.

Alerted by doctor who said it is most probably the ART rash again ... Prescribed Cetrigel (fast acting Cetrizine) and Hcl tablets and asked me to continue Teevir and see if the rash disappears within 4-5 days. The anti histamines prescribed for 10 days.

Its 13th August 2016  today and the rash has become faint and the itching has reduced. I seriously hope to develop resistance to the rash so that i can keep on taking Teevir (Atripla) as its the best and single tablet regimen available in India.

Has anyone encountered a repeat of rash or itchiness on Atripla once it was already resolved?

Offline Newtolife

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 04:56:41 am »
I am using viraday nd had little itchng ( no red rashes ) frm time to time nt really annoyng but try to avoid certain lind of soaps tht will irritate the skin more

Offline ipositive

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 03:08:26 pm »
@newtolife thanks mate. How long have you been on viraday (same as Teevir)

Offline Newtolife

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 03:26:31 pm »
5 weeks and u?

Offline ipositive

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 04:26:59 am »
Around the same...Where are you from @newtolife

Offline ipositive

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 04:30:59 am »
I was told to stop my ART and allow the itching to subside. From coming Monday i will begin a new medicine Tenof (Truvada) + Atazanavir with Boosted Ritonovir.

Wish me luck

Offline virgo313

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 11:14:01 am »
Ohhh.... Please let me be wrong on this....

-"dark" red rash
-Rash appears "(purple)"
Rashes are "deep colored"

Perhaps you like to "hint" & ask if these are early sign of KS?
I mean it is good to ask DR on KS topic too. Thanks

RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 12:34:05 pm »
I was told to stop my ART and allow the itching to subside. From coming Monday i will begin a new medicine Tenof (Truvada) + Atazanavir with Boosted Ritonovir.

Wish me luck

Glad to understand you spoke to your ID Doc and are making the switch.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ipositive

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 03:37:52 am »
@ virgo - I consulted my Dermatologist and she said the rash was due to the ART medicine itself.

As of today am both rash and itch free

Started my new medication (Truvada + Boosted Atazanavir)

Also, before starting my new medicine i had my VL done and the result says "Less than 66 copies/ml)

Loves to all

Offline virgo313

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 04:40:38 am »
Hi ipositive,
Good to know it is just normal rashes. Also VL is down.
Thanks 

Offline ipositive

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 11:54:38 pm »
@virgo thanks :)

Day 4th of my PI medication Reyataz + Norvir + Truvada Combo (using generics)

All seems well.

A question - I have acidity issues (heartburn) , i have not taken any antacid as i have read it interacts with Atazanavir lowering its potency.

Any suggestions on this?

Offline virgo313

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 12:22:41 am »
Hi ipositive.

Sorry for late reply. I am still new here. dont know how to reply below. so sorry.

"A question - I have acidity issues (heartburn) , i have not taken any antacid as i have read it interacts with Atazanavir lowering its potency."

To other members, please assist to help reply above. Thanks / Rgds

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.