Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:35:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: update  (Read 24644 times)

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
update
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:11:26 am »
Matthew again sorry i can't find the last thing i wrote so i started another one.

Kate is back in hospital since last Tuesday. She got very confused again and high fever and she wasn't responding when we talked to her. She has septic  something, long word I can't spell, means there was lots of bacteria in her blood.She was having lots of nosebleeds they said that was because there was a problem with the part of blood to do with clotting but they are working on getting that sorted out too. Anyway they think the infection started in her central line so they had to take that out and put in another one. Shes been on continual dialysis since they admitted her but they are going to try to take her off that tomorrow and go back to 3 times a week like she usually has.

She seemed a bit more alert yesterday and she knows where she is again so thats good. Debra I took her in the penguin heat pack you sent her so shes got him by the side of her bed now!The nurses wont let me heat it up for her though because they say the microwave is for food only and its against health and safety rules.
One of the doctors wants to put her on a new med for hiv called raltevir or something but some of the other doctors don't want to do that  until shes more stable. I feel stupid because I dont know much about it so I don't know whether that would be a good thing or not?If its a new one is it better than the older ones or does it just work differently?

I just want her to be back to her old self because it gets really frightening sometimes seeing her so unwell like this.
Thanks for listening to me again

Matthew
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:13:11 am by penguin »

Offline Dachshund

Re: update
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:20:35 am »
Damn you Matthew we must quit meeting like this. >:( We were excited to see Katie on line, now so disappointed to hear she is back in the hospital. I know this is hard on her and you. Remind Katie that she promised me a tour of London some day and I'm holding her to it. Tell her she's in my thoughts.

Love,
Hal

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:24:56 am »
Hey Matthew,

Thank you for posting and letting us know.

It sounds like Katie has blood poisoning  which is a bacterial infection of the blood. That's pretty serious, but she's way tough and if anyone can fight her way through it, she can.

One of the doctors wants to put her on a new med for hiv called raltevir or something but some of the other doctors don't want to do that  until shes more stable.

The drug that doctor is talking about is called Raltegravir and we have a lesson on it. You just click the red link I've provided.

Matthew, all of us here know how hard it is for you and Kate at the moment and we'll do whatever we can. Tell Kate we love her and know that we love you too.

MtD

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:25:54 am »
Matthew,

thank you for being there and having the strength that Kate needs at the moment.

You are both in my thoughts

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline Nadine

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:33:32 am »
So sorry to hear this Matthew..thanks for keeping us informed.

Sending both of you LOVE, HUGS and STRENGTH

:-*   :-*

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 07:54:34 am »
Dear Matthew,

Thank you for updating us on how Kate is doing. I wish you had better news and I'm sure you do too. I was also excited to see Kate online, but disappointed to hear she's back in hospital.

Let her know I'm sending her love, light and positive healing energy. Please give her a hug and kiss for me.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 07:55:42 am »
Thanks Matthew. Hope Kate gets better soon.  Tell her to hang in there and I will be sending thoughts of strength and healing your way. Cristy

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 08:20:17 am »
thanks matty now at least I know what its called. I'll try to ask the dr more about that when I go in later. I read about another new one the other day but they said it wouldn't work for Kate because of resistance.
They said she is responding to the antibiotics slowly and that it was good we got her into hospital as quickly as we did, because they were able to stop the infection spreading to her heart & other places. It all happened really quickly, like in the morning she seemed ok-ish and then by lunchtime she was really confused and dizzy and then it seemed like every 10minutes some other symptom was happening. Her blood pressure is more steady too it was crazy high and low for a few days last week

Im going to take her some ben and jerrys ice cream later and I will tell her you all send your love

Offline Iggy

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:26:16 am »
Matthew,

Thank you for the update on Kate and I'm sorry to hear this latest update is not so great.  My partner Jeromy (pozguy75) had a similar infection and I know it is a horrible thing.  I'm gonna make sure he sees this and gets in touch with you guys to share his thoughts.

Give Kate my best...and make sure she gets some Cherry Garcia if possible!

Mark

Offline Cliff

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 08:42:04 am »
Matthew,

I'm sorry for the turn of events.  I hope Kate improves soon and get's some well needed rest from the doctors/hospitals and such.  Give her my best.

Cliff

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 09:25:35 am »
Matthew and Kate,
My heart sank when I read that sweet Katie is back in the hospital.  Please let her know that Mini and I are keeping her in our constant prayers.  If you can, check her PMs - I have a message from Mini and your fellow Aspie.

Mum (the marshmellow lady)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 09:36:49 am »
One of the doctors wants to put her on a new med for hiv called raltevir or something but some of the other doctors don't want to do that  until shes more stable. I feel stupid because I dont know much about it so I don't know whether that would be a good thing or not?If its a new one is it better than the older ones or does it just work differently?

I've been on Isentress (aka Raltegravir) for 3 months now, and have had ZERO side effects from it as well as excellent lab numbers.  Nor has anyone else I know that's gone on it this year (it was just approved by the FDA in October so it's very new, though quite a few people I personally know on it were on it during drug trials) has had any side effects either.

It's a unique HIV med, in that it's in a entirely new class of HIV med and attacks the virus in a novel manner.  It's definitely a great med, but I can't say why some are telling you to have your wife/partner go on it and others are saying not to.  Perhaps you should ask for more clarification on this from them, as to the pro's and con's.  If it's a simple matter of some of the staff not being familiar enough with this med because it's new I'd just ignore them and do it, but that's just me.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 10:38:36 am »
Matthew, I am so sorry to hear about this latest turn of events.  Please know that I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and sending tons of positive light your way.

I had sepsis about 10 years ago and was in a coma because of it.  It's a nasty thing, but I know Kate can make it back.  It will be a journey, but I'm so grateful she's got you by her side.  Hang in there and give Kate a big kiss for me.
Peace~
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

tendai

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 10:45:29 am »
oh no.  I'm sorry to hear that matthew.  i hope she recovers soon.

Offline northernguy

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:44 am »
Please let her know we're thinking of her.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 11:41:59 am »
Matthew, thank you so much again for this update. Me, Niki and Chris were only mentioning Kate this weekend wondering where and how she was; so that’s why she didn’t reply to my text on Saturday!

I’m glad she has Pingu with her for cuddles if not for warmth (stupid h&s regulations, blah blah!). And I’m glad she has a loving brother looking out for her. Please pass on my love and an extra big hug…and a hug to you too.

Miss Kate: Wishing you all nastiness-free as soon as possible, sweetheart.

With much love
Debra xxx
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 05:08:52 pm »
oh crap. thank you for telling us matthew, much appreciated.
as debra says we were wondering how kate was just the other day so please tell her that we are thinking of her and wishing her a speedy recovery from this latest setback.
matty's words are right on the money.
hope tomorrow brings an improvement.
thanks again for keeping us updated
much love to you both
xxxx
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 06:46:39 pm »
Bugger  >:(

And mucho hugs

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 06:36:07 am »
Matthew,

I so sorry to hear that Kate is sick again, and praying for her speedy recovery.
Thank you for the update,
Please say lots of love to Kate for me.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 02:15:18 pm »
Hey Matthew, sorry to hear Kate's had to go back into hospital again.  I hope she's feeling better soon, tell her we are all thinking about her.

Chris
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 09:09:14 am »
The doctors tried taking her off dialysis yesterday but they've put her back on it for the moment because her blood levels were too high last night and something happened with her blood pressure again. They put her on a different med to help with that too.
Her oxygen sats were better yesterday that's good,means she can breathe a bit more easily and theres not as much fluid in her lungs. She still has this rash like measles but smaller dots all over her but they said that should start to go as the part of her blood to do with clotting gets back to normal

She can't really talk much not just because of the breathing but she also just seems really out of it most of the time I'm there,I think because shes on a lot of pain killers & other meds and very tired. Its annoying not being able to take much stuff in for her because they won't let you. I think they're worried about infection which is fair enough but its not like an orchid from home is carrying typhoid or anything

Philly Kate is my sister not my wife I think anyway I'd have to change my name to Matilda or something for that to happen!! About the raltegavir her doctors are like some of the top people in the uk so I don't think they are inexperienced. Its more to do with her kidney and liver function and the frequency of dialysis at the moment.And also how many other things her body is having to deal with, they said we need to get out of the crisis situation before doing anything else.

Hal I told her if she hurries up and gets better I will buy her TWO dashunds and I'll take her to Memphis to see you and Sam,that made her smile yesterday.
Betty its good to hear from someone whos had this before and is ok now.How long did it take you to start feeling better?Kate wasn't in a coma but they did have her sedated for about 3 or 4 days last week because she needed extra help with her breathing for a while.I asked them about when she could come home and they said they'd know more by the end of this week about that.
thanks everyone for the messages and support
Matthew

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 09:21:54 am »
Hal I told her if she hurries up and gets better I will buy her TWO dashunds and I'll take her to Memphis to see you and Sam,that made her smile yesterday.

Matthew it is a well known fact, that a dachshund a day, keeps the doctor away.

Let's set a tentative date for Kate's visit for the first of May. Not only is it May Day (a very special day for commies like Katie and me ;D), but me birfday, and a fabulous Musicfest in Memphis that I just know Kate would adore. So that said young lady, you have exactly three months to get on the mend and hold Mr. Matthew to all these promises.

I'm so sorry you're going through all this Katie. I think of you constantly.

Hal :-*

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 09:26:27 am »
Matthew, I was in a coma for a couple weeks, and on a vent.  I guess every time they tried to remove the vent, they had to put me back on it, as my breathing really went down.  After I came out of the coma, I was diabetic, because the feeding they were giving me through the tube had an extremely high amount of sugar in it, which caused my pancreas to fail.  I was pretty confused when I first came out of the coma.  I guess I wasn't talking/communicating.  (this is all told to me second-hand).  It took awhile for me to get back to my old self.  I don't know if I'm there yet. :D

Please give Kate a hug for me.  Bless you for staying with her. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline gemini20

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 06:04:15 pm »
It's been a couple of weeks since Kate was taken back into hospital and no update from Matthew for nearly a week - so I've been wondering whether anyone has heard anything?

I do hope Kate is beginning to improve and maybe that she is now back at home recovering but with no news I found myself wondering whether this may not be the case.

Anyway my thoughts and prayers continue to be with Kate and her family and I hope my intuitive fears are unfounded.

Emma

Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline minismom

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 06:38:15 pm »
Emma, I've been thinking the same things.  :(

mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 01:01:41 am »
I honestly think that "no news is good news" in this case.

MtD

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 02:01:11 am »
Sorry to hear that Kate is back in the hospital. I will keep her in my prayers. And if no one has heard from Matthew in a week, I will agree with Matty and that no news is good news or he is busy staying by her side to update us at the moment...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline newt

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 07:21:49 pm »
bump (and hug) - matt

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 07:49:53 pm »
Has anyone heard anything?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 08:18:52 pm »
Kate,

my thoughts and prayers are with you

Sharkie

Offline newt

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 07:28:58 pm »
(v quiet and thoughtful bump)

Offline minismom

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »
Hubby asked about Kate today.  I wish Matthew would post and let us know how she's doing.  It's been nearly a month.
Thanks for the bump, Matt.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 05:55:49 am »
Sorry I didnt get back here to let you know whats been happening its all been kind of a blur. I'm knackered so this will be quite short.
Kate is still really ill she stopped responding to the antibiotics and her lungs weren't getting rid of fluid properly.They put her in an induced coma for a few days to put her on total support to give her body a rest, she's been off that for about 4days now.Some other stuff happened but I don't want to write about it really because thinking about it makes me too upset.Doesn't help that her health care proxy person is trekking up some bloody mountain in nepal and has no signal on his phone,why can't she know some normal people who just go to spain or something!So I had to make decisions and I don't know if they're what Kate would have really wanted but there you go.
Now they seem to have found some antibiotics which are working better, and they are giving her some other type of new drug for the septic thing too.She kind of wakes up and looks around a bit and she'll hold my hand if I put it next to her and then she usually goes back to sleep.She did ask for a drink yesterday too.I keep talking to her though and reading the papers to her and playing her music that she likes. Don't know if it helps or not.
I want to try to get my mum to go and see her but she's a bit...unpredictable and has lots of problems so I don't know if that would just make a bad situation worse.
I guess we just wait now to see what happens,I think she still wants to fight but I think shes also very tired.

Matthew

PS Emma I am really sorry to hearabout your cat I read that in the off topic forum

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 06:33:08 am »
Matthew, thank you so much for the update. I wish you had better news and I know you do too.

You are absolutely doing the right thing in reading, talking and playing music for Kate. It really will help to let her know she has people around her who care and are in her corner. It will help give her the strength and will to fight.

I hope the new antibiotic do the trick and Kate is on the mend soon.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and sending plenty of daily love, light and positive healing energy your way.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 07:10:09 am »
Thinking of Kate.

Hal

Offline minismom

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 07:12:17 am »
Matthew,
Thank you for giving us an update.  Mini asks about Kate all the time and wrote to Kate in her thread.  We sent her a card, I hope she got it.  We'll continue to pray for her.  Please know that our hearts grieve with you.

Mum and Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline Cliff

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 07:14:04 am »
Thank you for the update, Matthew.  Let us know if there is anything you need.

cliff

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 08:25:11 am »
Bless you Kate
and you too Matthew

Sharkie

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 08:52:09 am »
Matthew, you reading to Kate and playing her music is extremely important.  I'm so thankful you're there for her.  I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.  Please keep us updated on what's happening.
  Betty

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 08:54:10 am »
Matthew, I'm hoping for the best for Kate and you.  You're a great guy doing so much for her.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Teresa

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 09:09:51 am »
Keeping you and Kate in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 10:31:12 am »
My best wishes and thoughts are with you and Kate right now.

Offline Robert

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 11:09:29 am »
Matthew...

My heart goes out to you and the penguin. 

robert

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 11:16:35 am »
I woke up with Kate on my mind today, and was wondering how things were going.  Matthew, thank you for the update.  I'll be thinking of you and Kate.

Tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 11:48:11 am »
Thanks Matthew.   I'm keeping you and our dear Kate in my prayers.

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 12:27:20 pm »
Thanks for the update, I think it is great what you are doing for her. Stay strong and I'll be praying for you and Kate.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline gemini20

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 06:39:13 pm »
Matthew,

I really appreciate you taking time out to update us on how Kate is doing. She has been in my thoughts a great deal over the last month (my sixth sense working overtime) and I kind of knew that her health was still causing much concern.

I am certain that your presence at the hospital and all you are doing for her is providing her with a great deal of comfort even if she can't acknowledge it.

I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers and hope that you both find the inner strength to guide you through whatever the next steps are.

Emma

PS - thanks for your kind words about my cat.
Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2008, 04:40:32 am »
-weeps-

MtD

Offline komnaes

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2008, 05:39:44 am »
Thanks for the update Matthew.. it's always upsetting to hear one of us getting sick.. :-[

You're a wonderful person Matthew .. I wish the best for Kate and I hope you're taking care of yourself too..

Hugs, Shaun
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2008, 06:14:57 am »
When I saw this update yesterday I spent over an hour in tears trying write a response. Honestly? There don't seem the words and I’m no wiser today. My heart feels heavy and the world seems a cruel and unjust place.

Matthew, thank you for taking the time to update us and thank you for being there for dear Kate. I wish you the strength to keep doing what you’re doing. Kate is blessed to have you.

Kate sweetie, beautiful lady, I miss your soothing voice and wise words. You are respected and loved by so many. I wish so many things for you, my friend, but above all I wish you the strength to fight this and no more pain.

Please know that you are both in my daily thoughts.

With much love
Debra xxx
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.