Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:38:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773166
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 220
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LADIES THREAD # 69 .HAPPY NEW YEAR, NO MORE FEAR,LESS TEARS  (Read 53799 times)

Offline netta

Re: LADIES THREAD # 69 .HAPPY NEW YEAR, NO MORE FEAR,LESS TEARS
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2010, 10:53:32 am »
Wow Monday, march 15th is my 52 Birthday!!!! Nothing planned as usual. But I have peace of mind.
I am feeling depressed, somehow this happens every year before my birthday.
I haven't heard anything from Queen and I am worried about her. I will try texting her today.

Betty- sorry your job is  closing. I will call you this weekend.

Emeralized- you are so smart, I  like your advice, are you a lawyer? teacher? doctor?
Thanks for being here for us.
I have an apt with the psych on the 22nd about my anti deppresant  zoloff, they may be adding something. i have been taking it for so long, do not want to stop. I will be glad to get a counselor and start conseling after this. I was talking to the counselor last time about going back to   school for art, she encouraged me, since the school is Weslyan and she graduated from it, problem is  i feel dumb taking engllish and math classes, which you must take for a degree.  I don't know if I want a degree,just want to take some painting classes. Another problem is my meds make me sleepy,worried about staying awake in class. I am just plain scared.
What I really want to do is write my book, I had the frist chapter done, a while ago. I do not know what I am doing, need some help. I have been dreaming about writting this book for so long, about my life.
Well i am still lonely here, everyone have a blessed weekend.
excuse my spelling, i am forgeting things a lot. I went to the doctor on Tuesday, but they told me my appointment was on Monday. lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:57:22 am by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2010, 09:33:37 am »
Netta, happy early birthday!  You ought to take yourself out to eat, even if it's just some food from a fast food restaurant.  I don't know what kind of food you like, but try to do something nice for yourself.  And I think you'd be great in art classes.  Don't fret about the other classes you may have to take.  You'll be fine once you get into them. 

Today I have a funeral I have to go to, then I have to do some work.  I'm not getting paid for this, mind you.  The food pantry lady is supposed to get some food from a boy scout food drive, and I'm going to help her unload and get it organized.  I'd much rather be doing something else, but I've been told "we're a team," so I can't very well leave her by herself. 

The church's that I work for finances are extremely thin right now.  It takes thousands of dollars for them to operate monthly, and they don't pull in near that amount.  I don't know how long it will be open.  I know people in the community don't want to see it closed, because of the work we do with street people.  But, unless someone sends in a few million, I don't see how it could stay open.  Of course, stranger things have happened.  I don't want to be without work, but sometimes that can't be helped.  So many people have lost their jobs, so I don't feel lonely or anything. 

It's very rainy here, and only 47F.  It was a bit above 60F last week, but in the next couple weeks, it's supposed to get back into the 30's.  It's spring, so weird weather is expected.  Other than that, I'm debating on whether or not to try to get into that program at a local university I was going to go into last fall.  Remember, those of you who were here, I couldn't get into it because it wasn't accredited.  Now it is.  Of course, this would add to my student loan debt.  It's not eligible for a pell grant, because it's master's level classes.  I think it sounds like a good idea, and will be mulling it over for a week.  I hope you all have a good weekend.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline missy

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2010, 10:33:20 am »
Netta, Happy Birthday!
Sweetie you would do wonderful in art classes.  If your head says try math or English do it, if not just have fun!!! I went to school latter in my life and have never regret ed it.  I have a BA in Environmental Science, like you English was not my forte but I made it through.  Have fun on your special day.  Mary

Offline netta

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2010, 12:39:03 pm »
Thanks all, did text Queen and she is fine. Lots of rain this weekend, staying in and watching tv and reading. Monday I have a follow up appointment at id clinic talk about my blood work. So far my viral load is down, which is good. As usual I am broke for my birthday, but next weekend ,my dd gets paid so I will go somewhere, maybe to the movies or eat out. i am just blessed to be hear another year. Don't think I'll be going to school ,tired due to meds, but I can paint here at home, just haven'y been in the mood for crafts, even crocheting. Idid talk to my lawyer whom I will see next week about divorce. OMG both cars acting up! my dd  has been using mine, hers needs an alternator, my car is skipping or jumping, maybe just needs a tune up, or my good gas. Its always something isn't it? Glad to be so blessed, peaceful away from my husband. Oh he called and informed me he was not getting back his deposits for the electric and water bills that was in his name and why we didn't pay it! Well we paid the water bill, andhad been paying the electric, when he messed up his monwy so i don't owe him anything. I think a final bill came after we paid. Anyhow He asked what I was going to do about it, I laughed, nothing. He hung up. i told him to tell his folks stop calling me and that they were looking for him to pay his phone bill, he hasn't been in touch and his phone is still off. Not my problem. lol Well the divorce papers will be ready soon, hopefully this week and I think he should get served at work, since he works 2 shifts and probly would not be at his hotel room during the day.
I have to start saving up, for a vacation I badly need. My sister is going to Jamacia this summer, so I am invited, have to get my passport, I have never been anywhere out of the country. Looking forward to it. Everyone be blessed.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2010, 01:57:52 pm »
Netta, I know you're going to be so happy when that divorce is final.  I'm glad you're able to experience some peace, that's important.  More important than anything.  Sorry to hear about the cars.  Hopefully it's nothing major with yours.  Sometimes good gas does really make a difference.  The next time you talk to Queen, please tell her I said "hi." 

It's a dreary day here, and only 40F, so it's quite chilly.  I am hearing birds in the morning, though, so spring should be just around the corner. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2010, 02:43:01 pm »
Hey Ladies-----

Just thought I would check in with you all since I have not been on in awhile. I know everyone is wondering what happened since court. Court went fine, we both dropped our orders in family court and an order is still pending in criminal court. But I am not going to mention it anymore. It no longer has anything to do with me and I don't have to go to court anymore.

I am still looking for an apts and my application is in at 10 different places. So, now it is just the waiting game. You all know patience is not my strong suit. Otherwise everything is ok. I went to see the neurologist yesterday. He doesn't think my hearing loss has anything to do with damaged nerves. He thinks it could be because of djaying back in the day. He says he is not for sure so I have to schedule an MRI next week. He'll get it when he comes back from vacation.

Other than that nothing going on......Happy Birthday Netta.......
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline netta

« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »
Hig gfs, nothing much going on, had a nice quiet birhtday, got a cake and some money from my kids. Great! money is spent though I enjoyed it.
Queen good to hear from you, I have been reading and sleeping a lot. Also playing with Lucy who  sleeps when I sleep! lol Well i miss you all and everyone have anice weekend

I am going to pm Moon, anyone hear from her???? hope everything is well.
Betty- how r u?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2010, 07:18:48 pm »
Queen, great to hear from you.  I'm so glad you don't have to go back to court!  I know you're anxious to get your own place, and I don't blame you.  I know it's going to happen.  I'm pulling for ya, girl.

Netta, I'm glad you had a nice birthday.  How's your mood doing?  Feeling any better?  You were talking about seeing a therapist, so I was wondering.

I went to the doctor today, just to discuss some things.  I used to e-mail him, but he said someone hacked onto their system, so it violted HIPAA (however it's spelled), to use e-mail.  Anyway, he said nothing can be done about my gut, since it all started with Crixivan.  He wants me to get a colonoscopy, because my dad had colon cancer, but I don't have anyone to drive me, so I can't get one done right now.  He also wants me to have a mammogram, which I haven't had done for two years.  Also a pap smear, which Medicare pays for only every two years, and I didn't get one done last year.  A friend of mine told me today that her doctor said that as long as a pap smear is normal, one only needs it done every 3 years.  He also ordered some bloodwork, just the basic stuff. 

I have a couple movies to watch, so I'm not going to be here long.  I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2010, 11:28:08 am »
OMG GFs~

I am HERE!  TY Netta for PMing me and Happy Birthday to you!

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.  I'll start a new one.

~ indy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.