Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:21:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 254
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 254
Total: 255

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: VERY unsafe sex  (Read 4889 times)

Offline bubble

• hanging in there.
VERY unsafe sex
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:53:17 am »
I have met this other poz guy and we are having unsafe sex. I have been poz for 3 years and heard that it is difficult for me to get his virus because I have antibodies. I am worried when I am alone about reinfection but weak when I am with him. Of course he said he never wears condoms and doesn't see the need. I am trying not to be an alarmist but it is my nature. Can someone tell me that I won't get reinfected and that I will be okay?
diagnosed 03/08/05
reluctantly started my first combo (Kaletra/Truvada) on 09/28/06 cause my tcells were dropping and vl increasing.
01/26/07 - undetectable!
12/01/08 - started new combo because of problems with Kaletra. Now on Truvada/Isentress.
Still undetectable. :)

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
Re: VERY unsafe sex
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 09:20:05 am »
No one can tell you for certain whether superinfection occurs or not.  Your fuckbuddies blather about anibodies is just that because we all have antibodies for HIV, but they are effective for containing the virus.

Rather than getting caught up in the almost religious argument about super-infection, consider the risk of contracting other STIs from this guy.  He carries or contracts gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, or herpes, and you've got it, too through unprotected sex.  And beating back an STI is harder with HIV, as is beating back HIV with an STI.

The bottom line is that it's your body not his, so you need to set the ground rules according to your comfort level.  If he can handle it, great.  If he can't deal and stops having sex with you, don't lose sleep.  If he can't deal and forces one last unprotected fuck, call 911 and have him arrested for sexual assault.

Namaste,
David
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 09:23:25 am »

Rather than getting caught up in the almost religious argument about super-infection, consider the risk of contracting other STIs from this guy.  He carries or contracts gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, or herpes, and you've got it, too through unprotected sex.  And beating back an STI is harder with HIV, as is beating back HIV with an STI.

Namaste,
David

http://www.avert.org/stds.htm

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:40:49 am »
Bubble, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just bring this very same topic up 3 months ago?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:56:37 pm »
I thought it was just me, it does sound kind of deja vuish does it not? Don't remember if I commented back then but if you are so alarmed as you say then it seems like the answer is already there...But then maybe not if you're thinking with the wrong head...If you're that alarmed about it, wear condoms. I get weak for some good sex too but I weigh the pros and the cons of it all. Is a good fuck worth catching something else? Use your grey matter to answer that question...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:18:32 pm »
I remember getting a phone call from my friend Rick.  He had called the entire membership roster of a gay club, met with several of the single members and was delighted he had found himself a muscle man with a muscle car.  It was the marriage made in heaven because both were HIV positive, Rick had plenty of money while Albert was cute and had nothing except a Pontiac Trans AM.

I went to Ricks funeral, Albert was not in attendence.  I tend to get the bloodborne and airborne pathogens a little mixed up but they had decided since both were HIV positive, they could have sex without the use of condoms.  After Ricks death, the story was, Albert had Hep C, Rick had gotten it from Albert and died.

I see Albert every once in awhile but with a story like Rick and his death around, Albert doesn't have many friends left and is usually helping himself to food at the supermarket (before he gets to the cash register).  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Desertguy

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:17:21 am »
My only comment on this is that its a "NO BRAINER"

Offline bubble

• hanging in there.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 08:13:34 am »
Thanks. i will stop posting about this. i obviously have a problem. I am sorry I am not as strong as all of you. I guess I will continue fretting about this until I die from whatever that guy has given me - his muliti-resistant virus, Hep C or and everything in-between. Yes, you guys are right. I am not thinking. I am very depressed and maybe in denial about my status and I am using sex as a way to escape. What do I do now? Every time I tell myself I need to stop, I think it doesn't matter because I have already been so stupid and have caught whatever I am going to catch so I should just keep going. Who knows if this is true. Maybe I am suicidal and trying to slowly kill myself with viruses. I have so much to live for so I don't know why I am so careless. I am scared. I am really scared. and yes - fucked up. Maybe this is the wrong place for this kind of sickness. I will find someone else to talk to and stop bothering you all with questions I already know the answer to.... assuming I am still alive and haven't been killed by all the pathogens I am willingly bringing into my body. I will talk to my therapist on Thursday. Seriously - thank you all for being unwavering.
diagnosed 03/08/05
reluctantly started my first combo (Kaletra/Truvada) on 09/28/06 cause my tcells were dropping and vl increasing.
01/26/07 - undetectable!
12/01/08 - started new combo because of problems with Kaletra. Now on Truvada/Isentress.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 08:27:27 am »
I guess I will continue fretting about this until I die from whatever that guy has given me - his muliti-resistant virus, Hep C or and everything in-between. .

When is your next scheduled appointment with you ID doctor. There is no way of knowing whether this guy passed anything onto you or not, unless you get tested.

My advice is to get a complete STD test done, Talk to your doctor, let him know you've been engaging in unprotected sex, be open and honest with your doctor,... and ask him about getting tested. Your not going to die !!

Hang in there-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:20:53 am »
Thanks. i will stop posting about this. i obviously have a problem. I am sorry I am not as strong as all of you. I guess I will continue fretting about this until I die from whatever that guy has given me - his muliti-resistant virus, Hep C or and everything in-between. Yes, you guys are right. I am not thinking. I am very depressed and maybe in denial about my status and I am using sex as a way to escape. What do I do now? Every time I tell myself I need to stop, I think it doesn't matter because I have already been so stupid and have caught whatever I am going to catch so I should just keep going. Who knows if this is true. Maybe I am suicidal and trying to slowly kill myself with viruses. I have so much to live for so I don't know why I am so careless. I am scared. I am really scared. and yes - fucked up. Maybe this is the wrong place for this kind of sickness. I will find someone else to talk to and stop bothering you all with questions I already know the answer to.... assuming I am still alive and haven't been killed by all the pathogens I am willingly bringing into my body. I will talk to my therapist on Thursday. Seriously - thank you all for being unwavering.

I'm glad to hear that you already have a therapist, and realize that you need to discuss this with him.  It's basically what I was hinting at when you threw up the exact same post that you did 3 months ago (and also even a couple months before that).  As others stated in the one you put up 3 months ago the worry isn't so much reinfection, but all of the other nasty STDs (and as Ray just stated, you should definitely request a full STD panel from you doctor).  If you were involved in a relationship and knew the other guy wasn't sleeping around you'd be safer, but absent of that you certainly can think of the other options.  That said, it's fine to post that you realize that you have an acute anxiety issue, but revisiting simply the bare backing with another poz person is simply going to return the same answers over and over, that's all.

Just curious, do you have a lot of anxiety about other issues or just this particular one?  The thing is, if you have a huge anxiety issue (and particularly around this subject) and are also a bare back addict, well -- you're just setting yourself up for trouble.  Bare backing by definition implies accepting risks.

Offline bubble

• hanging in there.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 10:32:35 am »
I have anxiety about everything. I just don't have any boundaries anymore and it scares me. I don't understand why so many poz people are out there barebacking if it's such a dangerous thing?? Every time I have sex with a poz person they want to BB and I let them. I wouldn't say I'm a BB addict since I have only recently started doing it. And I don't do it that much but every time I do it I flip out afterwards. YES I have a lot of sex and that is a problem. For the most part I am safe but recently I have started to forgo condoms and I just need to figure out how to stop doing it or just do it and stop freaking out about it. I live in NYC so sex is very easy - and most the people I meet online that are poz want to BB - even the "neg" people want to BB. It seems I have to pretend to be neg or have sex with a neg person if I want to use condoms. Saying NO to another poz person who tells me they always BB (for 15 years) and have been fine is the hard part for me.... I just need a backbone!!
diagnosed 03/08/05
01/26/07 - undetectable!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 10:49:00 am »
I have anxiety about everything. I just don't have any boundaries anymore and it scares me. I don't understand why so many poz people are out there barebacking if it's such a dangerous thing?? Every time I have sex with a poz person they want to BB and I let them. I wouldn't say I'm a BB addict since I have only recently started doing it. And I don't do it that much but every time I do it I flip out afterwards. YES I have a lot of sex and that is a problem. For the most part I am safe but recently I have started to forgo condoms and I just need to figure out how to stop doing it or just do it and stop freaking out about it. I live in NYC so sex is very easy - and most the people I meet online that are poz want to BB - even the "neg" people want to BB. It seems I have to pretend to be neg or have sex with a neg person if I want to use condoms. Saying NO to another poz person who tells me they always BB (for 15 years) and have been fine is the hard part for me.... I just need a backbone!!

Poz people are out there barebacking for one of two reasons:

They're stupid or;
    They just don't give a fuck.

And can you blame 'em? The worst has already happened, they has got AIDS.

Speaking of already, as the Philodendron has noted we've already explained this to you on a previous occasion, ie; no you won't be "re-infected", yes you do stand a good chance of contracting another STD.

So the real question here is:

"Are you an adult?"

An adult accepts that unprotected sex comes with a range of risks namely the risk of acquiring an STD. You've already got the Number 1 STD, so I don't see what you're fussing about. Fuck with condoms, you'll be ok. Fuck bareback you run the risk of copping a dose.

So make your damn mind up. Either insist on using rubbers and be safe or just let every bloke you meet take you up the poo-chute raw and wear the consequences.

But whatever you do, stop whining. Sooner or later we're gonna stop listening. :)

MtD
(Who says this coz he cares)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 11:05:41 am »
If, as you claim, you're not a bareback addict, and all of this causes you so much anxiety, it seems that the easy part is just to insist on a condom.  I will assume that you are procuring all of your anonymous sex on the internet so why not just put it all in your profile?  Perhaps you should explore, with your therapist of course, if you're compulsively causing needless anxiety  and feeding off of that in and of itself... but then I'm not shrink.

Offline bubble

• hanging in there.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 09:13:41 pm »
Thanks everyone. I will do better and promise to never ask about this again. I am talking to friends and my therapist and doc. I have bloodwork scheduled for next week. I pray I will be okay and still undetectable.
diagnosed 03/08/05
01/26/07 - undetectable!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 10:35:40 pm »
Good Luck with it all, Bubs. I am sure the therapist and ID doc will tell you, you should wear a condom and not risk getting anything else. As Matty said, you already have the number 1 STD and I think you said you have Hep C, why wish for a trifecta? Not being a smartass but just wants you to take better care of yourself. A bit of caution never hurt anybody..... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline bubble

• hanging in there.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 09:29:50 am »
Thanks - I am controlling my urges.
...and NO i don't have Hep C. Hopefully I never will. I thought that was more a blood to blood thing anyway -  rough sex and needles???? I may have had my share of unprotected sex but I am pretty vanilla....
diagnosed 03/08/05
01/26/07 - undetectable!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 12:14:22 pm »
Baby, we all have to eventually take responsibility for our own actions and either change them or decide to do nothing and continue on, albeit a self-destructive path.  It's only up to each one of us (how we're going to act), and if we keep repeating the same mistakes, knowing what the result will be, then we have to just be silent and go on.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 03:36:00 pm »
Thanks - I am controlling my urges.
...and NO i don't have Hep C. Hopefully I never will. I thought that was more a blood to blood thing anyway -  rough sex and needles???? I may have had my share of unprotected sex but I am pretty vanilla....

My fault, I misunderstood about the Hep C. Still you should take care of yourself and I have my fingers crossed for you.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.