Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:47:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 298
Total: 299

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Stupid Spam....Is it Important?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline texasguy

Stupid Spam....Is it Important?
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:28:49 pm »
I was checking my email today, and deleting the mountains of spam we all deal with on a daily basis, when a subject line titled "HIV community with very cool boards" caught my attention.  Thinking it might be something about AM, I opened it.  But it was a message trying to get you to surf to "aids2hiv.com" (don't go there, it's just a page with nothing on it).  Inspecting the message header I noticed a couple of nicknames from AM (one of whom I have PM'd with this info).  Does anyone else get these?  I'm very open about my email on the Internet (hence my large volume of spam), but I'm thinking maybe I should exercise greater caution?  Thoughts?
8/12/2008    102        402      26.8
                    VL         CD4     CD4%
7/11/2008   Started Atripla and Lisinopril for high blood pressure
6/8     654000(?) 347     20.4
5/08   42100       287      20.5
11/07 52930       438     27.3
5/07   48800       356     22.2
2/07   89000       316     23.2
7/06   51700       459     25.3
2/06   346000     386     20.3
           VL          CD4     CD4%
Poz Antibody Test January 2006
Seroconversion December 2005
Exposure November 2005

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
Re: Stupid Spam....Is it Important?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 09:53:56 pm »
Definitely. Nowadays, with your email address, VERY bad things can happen....

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline AIDS2HIV

• www.aids2hiv.com
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 10:57:50 pm »
i can assure you any spam that anyone on this site is recieving is from one of your own, that have visited my new boards im in the process of building. Believe me, email spam isnt my cup of tea, however, i have asked and obtained a copy of this email, for investigative purposes, because i wont tolerate it either.

I will say this much any email from me, or my site will be from ME....not this person>>> chamor@juno.com
that has taken the liberty upon themselves of sharing YOUR members emails. Those who know me here, know i dont do things this way.

and the reason you dont see much when ya went there, i havent given ya access to the other parts of the site, when i get the site built and finished, there will be more to it than these other sites offer.

I've never had a problem with Andy,Ann, or anyone here for that matter, and if i was wanted to advertise my site, id do like all the others here, who have thier own sites....id put it in my signature. Please, by all means, dont point the finger of blame at me or my site, when everyone on that spam list appears to be a registered user here, which clearly shows its one of your own. Some are registered with thier emails hidden here, so ya cant sit and say i came here and spammed people either. Im more of man than that.

But since someone is exposing my site....i will say this, I am building something quite unique in its features, its gonna take time, not much up as of yet, buts its started. Everyones welcome, and on the same token, if you dont want to visit that fine too.

but as a sight of this supposed magnitude and professionalism, especially since the sell out to poz magazine...please dont bash here what im creating, because you dont get bashed there. Turnabouts fair play..

In closing i want to thank the friends i do have here, that alerted me of this and i will get to the bottem of it, but i assure there is no one on my sight registered under the email address from which that was sent, nor the IP, because....yes i do have that ability to find that stuff out, just takes time* Again, please keep my site out your bashing unless of course poz magazine wants that to reflect back on them.....im building a secure online environment for positive people, without all the bullshit, and well, for a forum owned by Poz magazine, or anyone on it, to publicly bash another HIV related site, could very well be grounds for some bad exposure in the media world. Because those that know me.....know i wont sit back and just take it, nor will i talk about it, i'll just do it. I cannot control what people YOU yourselves have obviously trusted with your information, but me nor my site will be wrongfully accused of anything, when I've had no knowledge of it myself, until i was alerted of it....
Its the future of Hiv Education, and Resources www.aids2hiv.com      Got Community?

Offline texasguy

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 12:04:56 am »
I'm not bashing you, your site, or anyone.  I was just asking a simple question about an email I received.  I don't know anything about you or your website, but I'm happy that you're building something constructive and helpful.  Excuse my audacity in simply inquiring if it was something I should be concerned about.  I'll just shut the f**k up now and never attempt at asking any questions in the future here.  I see where genuine concern gets a person.
8/12/2008    102        402      26.8
                    VL         CD4     CD4%
7/11/2008   Started Atripla and Lisinopril for high blood pressure
6/8     654000(?) 347     20.4
5/08   42100       287      20.5
11/07 52930       438     27.3
5/07   48800       356     22.2
2/07   89000       316     23.2
7/06   51700       459     25.3
2/06   346000     386     20.3
           VL          CD4     CD4%
Poz Antibody Test January 2006
Seroconversion December 2005
Exposure November 2005

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.