Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:54:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 612
Total: 613

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How can I help my case manager help me?  (Read 7225 times)

Offline zach

How can I help my case manager help me?
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:15:31 pm »
First steps towards transfering medical... she did not have her shit together for our appt.

Offline zach

Re: How can I help my case manager help me?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »
Labs done, forms filled out, when results are get in to see doc, meds should follow

If Atlanta will refill for my son tomorrow, I think I'll be ok, if they don't

Return of the viral load

Flaming hoops of death, I swear they just want to see us jump
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:40:03 pm by zach »

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 10:58:01 am »
Good luck.

It's never a bad idea to let people know what meds you are on.  Sometimes people have extras.  ;)
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 11:15:35 am »
Wishing you the best Zach, things always have a way of working themselves out.

That's a good back up plan from the BMan, there seem to be plenty of members not far away from you.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 06:35:12 pm »
Hope all goes well Zach.

Best,

OT
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline zach

AIDS again, and I'm totally unfazed
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 07:28:14 pm »
Met my new doc, got results from my labs... back down to 170 something

I'm tired of caring about it, I take my meds, that's all I can do... beyond that, it is what it is

They claim I'm in the pipeline for meds, not gonna hold my breath on that though

The reaction annoys me is all, OMG your nadir was so low! OMG your cd4 dropped, why?? Like I've been bad patient or something

Offline Lightfighter

Re: AIDS again, and I'm totally unfazed
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 08:38:49 pm »
Man I feel your pain. In march I was at a VL of 50 and 385 CD4.  My doc sent me a letter saying I must have missed doses and not remembered andthat I should be UD and CD4 should be higher. I didn't miss anything at all.

The guys on here were great.  I know and they know all of that is different for every person.  My doc is older and not super up to speed onthe new stuff, but he's all I got within 100 miles of home, and he's 95 miles away  :-\

I switched to tivicay and descovy.  I had labs on the 14th. UD and 489 CD4. 

Keep doing what you know to do brother.  You, me, and everyone in here knows that it will work itself out. 

Hope things start working out in your favor. 

Met my new doc, got results from my labs... back down to 170 something

I'm tired of caring about it, I take my meds, that's all I can do... beyond that, it is what it is

They claim I'm in the pipeline for meds, not gonna hold my breath on that though

The reaction annoys me is all, OMG your nadir was so low! OMG your cd4 dropped, why?? Like I've been bad patient or something

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: AIDS again, and I'm totally unfazed
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 08:25:49 am »

Clarify please Zach. Are you currently without meds?  Thus the drop?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 05:42:25 pm »
I have 12 pills, so it's not dire yet... just cutting it close

Going to see if atlanta will fill again for me, I was good with then until November, so there is an off chance they might

Viral load is still UD, and honestly I've been in the 170s for a couple years now with little change... this is the norm for me... the blip was the jump above 200

Offline mecch

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 05:33:19 am »
Hope you get the new pills soon.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 08:03:09 pm »
So I strategically skipped some doses, skidded in sideways before they came through locally.

Thanks are owed here. This is a fantastic community of supportive souls.

This is the first time I've pulled off connecting to care in a new area, last time I tried was a total failure. Scared me off of trying again for a long time.

Glad I I gambled this, I'll take the loss of a few days, no regrets at all.

Happy it's worked out, hope the good mojo keeps up

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 08:16:08 pm »
I'm glad to read things worked out well for you, Zach.  I hope, too, your mojo keeps on the good side of things and that you are now well situated in your new location, digs, and career.

Keep your spirit strong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvlTJrNJ5lA
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 02:19:14 pm »
That's good news.

Time to start rebuilding that reserve supply.  ;)
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 05:46:34 pm »
good to hear  8)

Offline zach

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 09:45:00 pm »
That's good news.

Time to start rebuilding that reserve supply.  ;)

Offline zach

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 09:53:04 pm »
And I'll keep beating that drum around here too... I went foto and milked my stockpile, then lit fires under everyone in my> supply chain

One of the biggest lessons this forum taught me, be my own strongest advocate

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.