Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:07:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773467
  • Total Topics: 66368
  • Online Today: 302
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 243
Total: 243

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Can't remember if I took my meds  (Read 5598 times)

Offline fabio

Can't remember if I took my meds
« on: July 19, 2021, 07:47:17 pm »
Hello guys,I actually can't remember if I took my meds today and I'm at work currently...
Is there a chance of resistance after 4 years of perfect adherence ? Is it ok if I take the next dose normally,because I honestly can't remember if I took the meds or not and I'm scared of double dosage.Thank you in advance...

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Can't remember if I took my meds
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 08:54:26 pm »

Is there a chance of resistance after 4 years of perfect adherence ? Is it ok if I take the next dose normally,

No, there would be no risk of resistance, and yes, take the next dose at the normal time.

Fabio, are you using a daily pill box ? If not, you should get one.  Plenty of us here have missed doses.  I have missed more than a few doses over the years, and never had any issues. I just took the next dose, at the normal dose time.

I know it's easy, to get a little stressed out about this, but you will be fine ! If you have a pill box, you will be able to see if indeed you did forget to take it.

It will be OK !

Ray 
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 09:14:30 pm »
No, there would be no risk of resistance, and yes, take the next dose at the normal time.

Fabio, are you using a daily pill box ? If not, you should get one.  Plenty of us here have missed doses.  I have missed more than a few doses over the years, and never had any issues. I just took the next dose, at the normal dose time.

I know it's easy, to get a little stressed out about this, but you will be fine ! If you have a pill box, you will be able to see if indeed you did forget to take it.

It will be OK !

Ray
Thank you Ray that's exactly what I will do,plan my meds the for a week and take then accordingly so I know if I took that days med. I will also have to improve my memory 🤣 haha.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 09:24:57 pm »
Thank you Ray that's exactly what I will do,plan my meds the for a week and take then accordingly so I know if I took that days med. I will also have to improve my memory 🤣 haha.

It happens to all of us at some point.

Sometimes, I  have forgotten to take my nighttime meds of 1 viramune and 1 Epzicom.  I usually take those two 7:00 pm. Then I have woken up at 1 or 2 in the morning and realized that I missed them, because they are still in the pill box. So I have taken them then, 7 hours later. If I have missed it completely, and not noticed until 9 the next morning then I take the next dose at the normal time again.

I hope that makes sense !  :P

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grendal

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 05:48:26 pm »
I missed two days before a blood draw, missing one happens occasionally but not two. The pill box is so useful, keeps me from skipping doses (mostly) or doubling up because I don’t remember. Anyway, I had a slight blip from UD from the 2 day skip. Back to UD now.

Offline fabio

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 06:37:00 pm »
I missed two days before a blood draw, missing one happens occasionally but not two. The pill box is so useful, keeps me from skipping doses (mostly) or doubling up because I don’t remember. Anyway, I had a slight blip from UD from the 2 day skip. Back to UD now.
Yeah,just got a daily pillbox today and it's amazing. It keeps track well if I have or not taken them.
I'm glad it went well even with your missed dose. I guess its just human to miss one dose,because it can happen with anything hehe.

Offline BKKKevin

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 11:36:04 am »
I don’t use a big pill box…

I have a small pocket pill box that fits 7 of my daily pills… I fill it every Sunday night after taking the last (Sunday) pill… Comparing the number of pills in the box to the day of the week I can easily know if I’m on track… I take my pill it ~5pm with diner and have a 7pm alarm on my phone to remind me to check my pill box count…

Offline Loa111

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 03:57:30 am »
I’ve got mixed up a few times this year about if I took my pills or not. I think it’s so routine now it’s become automatic soon as I step out of bed  that why I can’t remember! So what I do Fabio is I’ve a pen on the chair beside the bed, as soon as I take my pills, drink down 1/2 litre water, I grab the pen and write T on my left hand.
T for tablets.  Very simple and  works great for me.

Offline scooter24

• Still here!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 09:17:12 am »
I used to use a daily recurring reminder to take my medication on my phone that went off before I left the house in the morning. I also kept a pill capsule on my keys if I forgot to take my meds before I left for work. I also kept my medication out near the coffee machine or in the kitchen in general.
12/4/13 Tested HIV -
12/2/14 Dx'ed HIV +
12/4/14 CD4 295 29% VL 1356 No resistances
12/19/14 Started Stribild
1/7/15 CD4 338 35% VL UD
2/17/15 CD4 329 35% VL UD
5/15 CD4 444 36% VL UD
7/15 Switched to Triumeq
9/15 CD4 526 40% VL <40
12/15 CD4 534 39% VL <40

Offline CircularNatural

• 🇦🇷 Joined Sept 2021
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 11:18:11 pm »
My technique for knowing if I took my daily pill is labelling each pill with a permanent marker with the date I am supposed to take each daily dosage. In my case, my meds come in blister-packs so this can be done easily once I receive my monthly dosage.
In your case, you probably get your meds in a pill box or flask, so it might be best to get yourself a weekly or monthly pill box that has separate compartments for each date so you don't have to worry next time :)
Take care
🇦🇷 "Hope is the only thing stronger than fear."

Offline fabio

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 05:07:41 am »
I have a pill box now,but for extra measure I will mark the date I started the box so that I can see if I took one or missed it with ease.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.