Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:20:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 666
Total: 666

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: just got test possitive 1 and 1/2 months ago,hope to make some friends...  (Read 5804 times)

Offline cpdh20

hi everyone, got my test not long ago, it came to me as a big shock but have managed to keep myself as together as i could, have done some researches on hiv and realised its not as scary as it used to be..... that somewhat gives me a sense of relieve, also had my cd count and viral load test twice, the doc said the number isnt very good so he put me on treatment straight away, been on Atripla for about 3 weeks now, and there wasnt any serious side effects so far..... besides the mild dizziness...i just found this forum and its refreshing to read some of the posts.....and feeling that iam not alone......i hope i can make some new friends here..... hi from melbourne- australia.

Offline veritas

cpdh20,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis (never fun), but anyway welcome to the "club". I think you'll find these forums helpful as you go through your journey in HIV Land. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, since someone here ,usually, will  have experienced any issues you might have.

Atripla is a good first therapy. Your numbers will improve (although you did not post what your numbers were).
Also, there are a few posters from down-under that frequent the forums.

Good Luck,

v

Offline cpdh20

dear veritas:
thanks for your respond, it was nice to know someone is listening and someone always cares, u was right, it wasnt fun at all to know that iam no more hiv -, i spent over a weeks crying and blaming myself and even thought about killing myself as the pressure did seem to be too heavy and unbearable, lucky that i had a good friend who came around and said " don u ever do that u silly bitch! if someday the cure arrives and u were dead, i would dig u up from ur grave and i would shit on you!" that made us broke into laughters before she offered me her shoulder to cry on, she suggested that i should talk to a counseller because she thinks " those people know what is happening and they know that they talk about", and thank god i did and they helped alot, now i have my doctor, the nurses and my counseller to talk about my problems and feeling toward this " shock", life doesnt suddenly becomes easier but i think its not going to be hard, as hard as i thought :)
i didnt asked my doctor for the numbers of my cd4 count or viral load, but i definately will next time, iam going to take my blood test in 3 days to see if the meds work..... at the moment iam feeling fine, and i start to see the improvement with my body, i feel better and my skin looks better and iam not as tired as i used to be, so i guess the meds somewhat works..... from now on i live with the hope that the cure will arrive someday and all of us will be free from this terrible virus.
Regards and happy to be part of this forum.

Offline alliance

• hmmmm. . .
CPDH20:
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I can relate to what you are saying, you and I  are on about the same diagnosis timeline and medication, I had a similar reaction to diagnosis as well. I seem to be responding to artipla a little slower than I would like, but aren't we all?  This forum has helped me a lot- and Im sure you will find it helpful as well.
"The influence of each human being on others in this life is a kind of immortality."
10/10/12   CD4=378  %=32   VL=UD
5/10/12     CD4=426  %=32  VL=UD
11/15/11   CD4=296  %=29  VL=UD(20)
6/15/11     CD4=345  %=29  VL=UD(38)
3/15/11     CD4=317  %=31  VL=UD
12/1/10     CD4=315  %=28  VL=UD
8/11/10     CD4=250  %=25  VL=UD
6/10/10     CD4=380  %=24  VL=UD
3/4/10       CD4=340  %=22   VL=UD
1/11/10     CD4=312  %=22   VL =130
11/30/09   CD4=228  %=19  VL=1726
11/20/09    started atripla
10/15/09   CD4=281  %=18   VL=85,000

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Welcome aboard, cpdh.  It is good that you have found us; you will be able to seek support, information (quite needed at the beginning of this condition), and good advice from many great people.  Perhaps you will make some good friends (or at least online HIV mates) in the process.

i didnt asked my doctor for the numbers of my cd4 count or viral load, but i definately will next time, iam going to take my blood test in 3 days to see if the meds work..... at the moment iam feeling fine, and i start to see the improvement with my body, i feel better and my skin looks better and iam not as tired as i used to be, so i guess the meds somewhat works.

While it is understandable that you were shocked and depressed by this diagnosis, you need to make sure that from this point on you ask for your numbers.  Your HIV treatment is a partnership that needs to involve you as much as your doctor.  Not all of the decisions belong to him/her.  It will also be helpful in the respect that you will see the progress that you have made.  Even after just three weeks of meds you will probably/hopefully be pleasantly surprised when you get your second set of labs showing a viral load decrease.  This has been the case with a good number of forum members.

Again, welcome to the AM forums. 

Wish you great health and strength. 

m. 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline justus35

• I AM STILL STANDING
sorry for your status , but if God brought it to you ,then God will bring you thru it , I am gonna post my story when I learn how to post it,I am new to this hiv ,and the cyber world i know where have i been , but life will get easier ,and goes on , just never give up on life ! so again when I  understand  on how to post to a forum I will reveal my story  until then be blessed,and be strong ,and above all be happy!
SELF MADE -DOING IT FOR MYSELF

Offline cpdh20

Dear livebythemoon:,
i definately will ask for my numbers next time and keep record of it for sure next time :), i remember that after telling me they was sorry that my test came back as +, they asked me not to be so negative because this disease is  treatable and its not a dead sentence anymore, they also asked me that they would like to take my blood again to see the level of my viral load and my cd4 but i dont have to do it straight away as i may need sometime to digest the news and i can do it any day i want, but i told them i would like to take the test right away, that iam ready to take this challenge. I looked so down and somewhat worried them so they tried to arrange a counseller to talk to me but unfortunately he wasnt available that day, there was a patient who was sitting in the waiting room and they ask her if she dont mind to come and talk to me as she has been living with hiv for 18 years now and she can share with me some of her experiences, thank god for that after the conversation with her i felt so much better because the woman sounded so happy and possitive, she also told me she is pregnant and going to have her second child soon, that gave me a big " wow" to know that her child will not be hiv + when he/she is born because as she stated " the modern meds is so good, it will bring my viral load down to undetectable and the virus wont effect my kid".

i came back there in 2 weeks to see the doctor and get my second test result, he told me the viral load is pretty high and my cd count is low but they dont really know if i should start the meds straight away or i should hold on it for a while, i told him i want to start the meds straight  away because the virus is already there in my body and it has done some damage and we need to do something about it, he then adviced that he thinks i should do another blood work and see if the result still the same, because we need to make the right chhoice instead of rushing into things quickly, because if i just get in conact with the virus or i have been living with it for quite a while, the viral load will be pretty high, he just wanna make sure.....

last time when i got there, he told me i should start my meds because the number is pretty much the same even though the viral load is a bit lower than last time, he thinks i may have carried my virus for quite a few years now and didnt know, it was lucky for me that i found out early, otherwise my condition might get worse.
To Alliance, it nice nice to know u can relate to my story and its lovely to know someone is feeling what i feel, i hope u well and thanks for the welcoming
Dear Justus35, god blesses u too and hope to hear your story soon
regrds  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:28:37 pm by cpdh20 »

Offline tednlou2

Re: just got test possitive 1 and 1/2 months ago,hope to make some friends...
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 12:44:47 am »
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  Do you have any idea how long you've been infected?  I know you said your doc thought for a while, but I know CD4 and viral load can look very scary right after infection and then get better for many years--not for everyone though.

It is devestating to be told you have HIV.  I have had depression and anxiety dealing with it.  Everyone keeps telling me this will pass, and it has a lot.  It is good to hear you have a good friend.  I wish ya all the best.  Stay in touch about how you're doing.

Offline cpdh20

Re: just got test possitive 1 and 1/2 months ago,hope to make some friends...
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 01:38:58 am »
dear tednlou2:
the doctor said i probably have had it for a couple of years now, and i think to myself " if i have had it for a few years now and iam still alright then theres no reason i cant be alright with the meds and the more attentions that i will give to my health nowaday", my mood has been up and down all the time, i think its from the axiety and that my mind and body start to work hard to accept the news and the meds.... thanks for your respond and i wish u all the best too, hope to hear from u soon regards

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.