Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:57:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 676
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 663
Total: 664

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Postscript to Unexplained Skin Conditions and what they are:  (Read 3373 times)

Offline jm1953

Wrote a post very generally speaking about having unexplained or very rare skin conditions being a LTS and wondering if any of you might have had similar problems, or share skin issues you are or have experienced.   To date mine are:

1. Ongoing flares of Folliculitis diagnosed by biopsy.  Generally on chest, arms, back.

2. Seborretic Dermatitis and Atopic Exema.

3. Grover's Disease, transient acantholytiz dermatitis, like having chicken pox.

4.  Poikiloderm of Civatte, strange rash around back or side of neck.

5.  Raynaud's disease, very red hands and bottom of feet. I think vascular related.

6.  Undefined shingle like lesions on left and right flank of torsoe, biopsied and diagnosed as an HIV related infection. 

7.  Inflammation causing redness in face and other parts of body.  Had two false positive Lupus results because of extremely high titers.  Feel I have some sort of inflammatory illness no one can figure out.  Only my nutritionist who discovered I was allergic to many foods which I have sense cut out of diet.

These conditions are intermittent but easily triggered by sun, sweat, dry skin, a number of other things making quality of life difficult.  Lots of moisturizing and using powerful cortisone for itching.

My skin and kidneys seem to be the organs most attacked by my long term HIV according to docs.  Anyway, if any of you have any of the things I describe above we can share treatment options, of share any other skin concerns you might have. 

Hopefully this clarifies things.  My Dermatologist is excellent but admits not having seen a lot of this before, and treating symptoms as best she can. 
Positive 29 years. Diagnosed 10/1987.  Current CD 4: 720: Viral load: almost 100.  Current drug regimen, Tivicay, Emtriva, Endurant, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam, Uloric, Losartan Potassium,Allegra, Ambien, Testosterone, Nandrolone, Vicodin, Benedryl, Aspirin, lots of vitamin supplements.

Offline mitch777

Re: Postscript to Unexplained Skin Conditions and what they are:
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 06:29:20 pm »
That's a long list on just skin ailments alone. Your kidney and blood issues on top of that too. I haven't been very good at responding to others lately here but after reading this and your other posts I must say I'm glad to see you back and plowing through with the challenges you are dealing with.

All of us LTS seem to have so many different issues as we age.

I sincerely hope you can eliminate some of your own with whatever treatments are available. My heart goes out to you as it does to others here that face far more debilitating issues than my own.

ps- we talked in the past about our common problem with what testosterone treatment does to our blood. Still facing that myself but my blood tests have held steady albeit above the norm. Reduced the T myself and energy has faded. While I can't relate directly with your other issues I can understand how you feel about this at least.

hugs,
mark
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:45:25 pm by mitch777 »
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.