HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Nikol Nikol - Receiving blowjob

(1/2) > >>

Nikol Nikol:
Hello! I am in a similar situation with a small difference. I am a gay man and also got sucked intensively  in a casual encounter for like 5-10 minutes, 36h ago. I did not give him any oral.  The difference is that from time to time I have a small dermatitis in the skin of my penis (in the middle of the penis, not in the glans). The skin is not cracked, there is no bleeding, it doesnít hurt at all, itís just a bit red and drier (like when these red tiny veins are a bit more visible and maybe a tiny bit sensitive). Am I at risk? Should I look for PEP? Or wait 30 days and get tested? Or would you be confident I am not at risk?

Jim Allen:
Your post has been moved into its own thread.

--- Quote ---Please do not post questions that you have about your own concerns in another person's thread.
--- End quote ---

Jim Allen:
Read your post three times; what you posted here wasn't an HIV risk to you.

Move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed

Nikol Nikol:
Thank you Jim! I read many posts where you consistently assure people that being sucked (insertive oral) is not a HIV risk. And thatís super helpful info, to keep people like me sane in these circumstances 😅. The only extra worry in my head is really this dermatitis, as the skin of my penis is not ď100% healthyĒ. And if this could potentially be an entry point for HIV during insertive oral sex. Once more, thank you for your work! :)

Jim Allen:
You're welcome.

Dermatitis isn't a route for you to acquire HIV, and the blowjob lacked exposure to viable HIV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version