Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:42:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773182
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 437
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 416
Total: 418

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My employer ask me for physical  (Read 7260 times)

Offline Victiminnocent

My employer ask me for physical
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:50:08 am »
Hello everybody I’m very happy that I found this forum I really want the advices and any should I do , I’m new diagnoses 3 months ago and still fighting depression and anxiety which killing me and thinking to harm myself , to be honest  I never think for million years that I will be infected with hiv , my first labs was go 612 and cd4 1291 , my doc put me in truimeq with is fine for me no side effect but I’m struggling with constipation , I been in job for almost 3 years now , but lately my employer had to switch to another insurance company which is required everybody to start doing physical and handed to HR , my greatest fear that I don’t want anybody to know about my status I don’t know if my doc could be do something to not show my status in my physical file , please help me what should I do , I will very appreciate your help and support and I wish I could find somebody here  has the same situation before .

Thanks

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: My employer ask me for physical
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57:32 am »
Many of the answers to your questions will depend on what country you live and what the privacy in the workplace laws are.  In my country switzerland I had to have a physical form my current position. The doctor is EVEN a state appointed doctor. However, the doctor is FORBIDDEN to say any details about the patient, and can only declare to the employer if the person is "fit" or "unfit".  The state says that being HIV+ does not make one "unfit". The employer could not get that info, and the doctor was not allowed to declare me unfit, no matter his personal opinion if by rare change he might be a bigot or asshole.

SO this will all depend on the laws where you are.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:01:07 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Victiminnocent

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 11:27:49 am »
Thank you very much mecch for your reply , by the way I’m in USA but this is the first that my employer ask me for physical , I was thinking maybe the insurance company contacted my employer about my status .

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 01:20:45 pm »
You will need to read and understand your rights for privacy under HIPAA laws. They are strong. You should document everything about this especially if you feel you are being singled out for some reason.

https://www.hhs.gov/civil-rights/for-individuals/special-topics/HIV/index.html
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Victiminnocent

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 06:32:19 pm »
Hello everybody thanks again for all the support that you offering here , the forum really helps me a lot to finally admit my status , my question today that I have a friend that swallow my semen accidentally and I’m very nervous of getting him in danger ? Do undetectable VL can transmit the virus via oral sex and swallowing please advice .

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 06:40:52 pm »
How does a friend accidentally swallow your semen?

Transmission through oral sex could only occur, theoretically, if your mouth were full of gaping wounds (as in "meth" mouth), so let's presume your friend is not a "meth" addict.  In addition, transmission of the HIV from an HIV positive person with an undetectable viral load is virtually impossible.

In summary, you or your friend have no reason to be concerned, but your friend should try not to accidentally swallow semen or, for that matter, anything else.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 10:43:54 pm »
my question today that I have a friend that swallow my semen accidentally and I’m very nervous of getting him in danger ? Do undetectable VL can transmit the virus via oral sex and swallowing please advice .

Firstly I agree with Patrick, the mouth is a very poor route without damage to it and also there are other barriers, normally when HIV negative folks ask about it we don't stress people to specifically run out and test and to just move on and test as normal during the routine sexual health check-up.

Ill add to that an additional thought to this, your friend is an adult being sexually active comes with responsibility's and ultimately at the end of the day my own thoughts are he is responsible for his own action.

In terms of the undetectable VL question well it would not change my view of the risk given the act, but below is the consensus statement, you can read the full version here: http://www.preventionaccess.org/consensus

People living with HIV on ART with an undetectable viral load in their blood have a negligible risk of sexual transmission of HIV.  Depending on the drugs employed it may take as long as six months for the viral load to become undetectable. Continued and reliable HIV suppression requires selection of appropriate agents and excellent adherence to treatment. HIV viral suppression should be monitored to assure both personal health and public health benefits.

NOTE:   An undetectable HIV viral load only prevents HIV transmission to sexual partners. Condoms also help prevent HIV transmission as well as other STIs and pregnancy. The choice of HIV prevention method may be different depending upon a person’s sexual practices, circumstances and relationships. For instance, if someone is having sex with multiple partners or in a non-monogamous relationship, they might consider using condoms to prevent other STIs.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:46:10 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Victiminnocent

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 07:11:04 am »
Thank you so much Patrick and Jim ,  :)

Offline Victiminnocent

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 11:10:51 pm »
Good evening guys it’s been a while I didn’t post here since my disgnosic I’ve been undetectable all this time and healthy , today I meet a guy who blow me so when he was blowing me I saw a blood coming from my penis so I went to the bathroom the pee the blood still coming inside my penis . Please help I’m scared

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 11:18:38 pm »
I would suspect the situation is nothing serious, perhaps a "one off" of an irritation of some sort or, at worst, an indicator of a urinary tract infection.  Keep an eye on things and if the situation repeats several times, consult with your healthcare provider for a proper examination and treatment, if appropriate.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.