Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:49:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773453
  • Total Topics: 66366
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 249
Total: 249

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: i've decided to break apart the stigma  (Read 5119 times)

Offline lior0911

i've decided to break apart the stigma
« on: June 04, 2016, 08:24:09 am »
Hey all
first, courage and health for everyone.
and to my thing: i'm 36yo man from Tel Aviv. a month ago, i've met this charming guy who tend to be just as awesome as i like. great connection, nice chats, lovely atmosphere, exactly what i need and what i want.
two weeks after we met, he decided to tell me about his positive status (undetectable), a day after I've got my tests which were negative.
for the first time i found myself standing face to face in front of an out-HIV positive and felt nothing. actually i did feel something, i felt this guy has something more than just being a mature, brave and honest: he was special enough to put aside all of the thoughts which I've may had and thinking beyond the status.
i didn't feel any panic or stress at all. few hours later I've been to his place and decided that no matter what, i am going into this journey, with every cautious i need to consider to keep this relationship being a healthy and happy multi-status partnership.

still, i need to get some answers about how should i take it from there? is there anybody here who is negative and having a relationship with a positive partner?
i'm more curious about knowing how and what and when and everything which could help me to build us up..

thanks
Lior

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: i've decided to break apart the stigma
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 10:36:43 am »
Hi

Welcome to the forums .

I moved your thread into the "someone I care about has HIV" forum where you should post all of your topics. As a HIV negative member you are only allowed to post or reply in the "someone I care about has HIV" forum and the off topic forums where we discuss any thing other than HIV .

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 01:28:25 pm »
Hi, welcome the forums.  I'm quite surprised some of the other members didn't reach out to you and inform you about PrEP that you can take as another preventative.  It might have something to do with your title, readers might see you as another HIV- dude thinking he can conquer the HIV known stigma.  Wherein most people on this forum believe that people just need education on it, cause most people are ignorant of this diagnosis, how's it's contracted, how it's treated, etc...

How long has your manfriend be undetectable?  Serocordant <- (I think this is not the correct way of calling it) Relationship (one is -/ the other is+) are frequent in here both homosexual and heterosexual.

Today's treatment options have given more opportunities to have well, long lived, happy lives, to include having biological children.

Good luck with you journey, as open as appear to be sounds like it will be great one.

Heidi
Life is a BANQUET, and most poor suckers are starving to death!

~Auntie Mame

Offline zach

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 01:46:38 pm »
Posts get lost in the shuffle sometimes, sorry. Heidi is right, usually someone would step up to answer you.

It's really simple.... can even be summed up in two words.

PreP and condoms.

Consider prep for yourself, you can probably talk to his doctor about it.

Wear a condom for anal penetration.

Beyond that, a serodiscordant relationship is the same as any other.

Good luck!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.