Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:09:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 464
Total: 464

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Have any of the med co-pay assistance programs been extended?  (Read 9510 times)

Offline randym431

Have any of the med co-pay assistance programs been extended?
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:39:44 am »
Just wondering if anyone has news as to any co-pay programs that ether expired or have expired, that have since been re extended? Sometimes they extend these programs and don't get the word out. Im speaking of programs for people with insurance, but using a card that pays part or all of the insurance co-pay, from the company the makes the drug(s). There use to be several good programs out there for sustiva and other common types of meds, but the ones I used or was aware of have all expired as of late 2010 - 2011. Really too bad...
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline zach

Re: Have any of the med co-pay assistance programs been extended?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 11:35:03 am »
i spoke with a rep for the atripla program and got signed up for the first time, she said they anticipate extending it when it expires, don't know if that applies to those currently enrolled

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 11:57:47 pm »
The  Isentress assistance program is still ongoing. I think it continues until August.

I hope it is extended. It saves me nearly $200 a month.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:50:16 am »

Here's a lot of info along with telephone numbers, that may help in getting answers

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/PAPs_Copays_19740.shtml

Ray
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:54:12 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline randym431

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:08:46 pm »
Thanks Ray!

Offline zach

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 11:19:38 pm »
Hate to hijack the thread, but it is topical. I've just went on co-pay assistance, and my mail order pharmacy is acting dumb as bricks about it. Have any of you experienced this, if so, how did you handle it? The girl was nice, said that she had heard of it, but she'd never had to deal with before. I sort of feel like she played the ball back to my court and I need to figure it out for her.

Though of maybe trying a conference call with the Atripla rep, pharm rep, and me.

Offline randym431

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:12 am »
Just an update FYI...
Looks like a lot of co-pay assistance programs ARE being extended thru 2011.
I called bristol-myers-squibb and they have extended thru 2011 for HIV drugs,
at least the one I take (SUSTIVA).

My card for GSK glaxo-smith-kline had expired last fall, but a call to them
informed me they too have extended or re activated thru 2011 (EPZICOM).

If you use a co-pay assistance card and it has expired or your pharmacy told you
it was used up, call and see if they have or will extend the program.
Or, ask if you can get a new card.
Its worth a try...

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 07:04:42 pm »
Just an update FYI...
Looks like a lot of co-pay assistance programs ARE being extended thru 2011.
I called bristol-myers-squibb and they have extended thru 2011 for HIV drugs,
at least the one I take (SUSTIVA).

My card for GSK glaxo-smith-kline had expired last fall, but a call to them
informed me they too have extended or re activated thru 2011 (EPZICOM).

If you use a co-pay assistance card and it has expired or your pharmacy told you
it was used up, call and see if they have or will extend the program.
Or, ask if you can get a new card.
Its worth a try...

Thanks for that Randy !!!  I know we've discussed this before, but 2 years ago when I was using the GSK card for co-pay assistance for Epzicom, That  it saved me the $50.00 per month, that I was being charged through my insurance at work. So,  it really helped out a lot.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 04:48:34 pm »
The  Isentress assistance program is still ongoing. I think it continues until August.

I hope it is extended. It saves me nearly $200 a month.

HUGS,

Mark

Doesn't the Isentress program cover you for $400 per month?

During January and February, before I meet my deductible, the Isentress program pays $400/month, after that it covers my $25 co-pay each month.

The one for Atripla/Truvada covers up to $200/month.

Offline randym431

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 09:26:54 am »
YEP! My card(s) were extended. Just got my first refills in 2011.
That means, for me, my meds will be free through 2011, once again.
Also the card paid for my once yearly insurance charge they tack onto the first
refill or prescription filled co-pay.

I hope others with insurance and paying co-pays can take advantage of co-pay cards.
Considering all the medical costs people living with HIV have, these co-pay
programs really do help. Might even be worth shooting off a little note to the
drug companies involved thanking them for these programs. Let them know
we do appreciate it. And the extensions.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 03:23:12 pm »
I just signed up for the Atripla card so it's been extended through 2011.  My copay went from 30 a month to 0.  This feels like some sort of geico commercial.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.