Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:57:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A tribute to Ronald A. Peters,...  (Read 8180 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
A tribute to Ronald A. Peters,...
« on: April 26, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »

On Thursday April 24th, 2014 , The Proshop Pub, In Clearwater, Florida, participated in the "Dine out for Life". For those unaware, This event is held nationwide, and local businesses, who participate, donate a percentage of their revenue that day, to help those men, Women, and Children, living with HIV/AIDS.

We had a good day on Thursday, did a lot of reminiscing.  Most of us at the Proshop that afternoon , have known each other, for close to 34 years, so those of us, that survived through the 80's and 90's, have a lot in common. We all had to deal with the sorrow and pain, of losing, so many of our friends. And some of us had to deal with our own HIV at the time.  We went through  difficult years, with many of our friends back then long since passed on., and some of us wondering how we ever survived.

One of our friends at the bar on Thursday, ( Bob)  handed Ed and I  a letter,  that was given to him in 1992. Ed and I both read it, and I asked him if it was alright to place this letter on our Memorial page.

He said of course, he would appreciate that.  He mentioned that at one time, there was talk, of getting some of our local gay magazines to print the letter, But as far as I know, that never happened.

This letter is a beautiful tribute, to " Ronald A. Peters", of Clearwater., Florida, who was born in 1957, and passed on in 1992.

It was written by his lover, Robert L. Catlow.  Although we were only casual acquaintances, Ed and I remember Ron very well.  He was part of the afternoon and evening crowd back then, in a period of time that was so difficult for many of us.

He played Softball, for the Proshop Pub, and I can still remember on Saturday's, or Sunday's Ron along with the other team players, with their softball uniforms on.  I can still remember him and the team, walking into the bar, after a game,.. And if they won, you can bet there was always a celebration !

And If they didn't win, It didn't matter, there was always a party ! Many of those, that played on the team with Ron have also since passed on.

So yesterday I scanned the letter for our friend Bob, so that I can place this tribute to Ron, here on the site. I sent the letter to photo-bucket, And I am not sure if it will work, but I will try to post it here.  If it doesn't, I will have to type it out.

The panel for the Aids quilt, that was created for Ron Peters can be viewed here:

http://aidsquilttouch.org/sites/default/files//images//02422_512.jpg

The following is the two page letter, written by Robert L. Catlow. Ron, is sadly missed by many, but not forgotten.

PAGE-1

PAGE-2

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

Re: A tribute to Ronald A. Peters,...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:41:34 pm »
Wow! that was beautiful, I even felt a little moisture building in my eyes. And that pressure you get in your chest, when something truly touches you...

thanks for sharing.
Life is a BANQUET, and most poor suckers are starving to death!

~Auntie Mame

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.