Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:23:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I am in a relationship with an HIV positive person  (Read 10755 times)

Offline emililadjet

I am in a relationship with an HIV positive person
« on: February 09, 2019, 11:16:38 am »
Hello all friends :)
I would like to thank  JimDublin who helped me to open this post.
I am Emili, I am Spanish, I am 24 years old I work in the real estate sector, for 1 year I fell in love with someone who has AIDS, he's a good person, I did not want to leave him, I was shocked at the beginning when he told me this bad news, but I would be with him until death.
We do love with condoms, and all are good at the moment, we have decided to have childrens, we are looking with our doctor to make this statement which is very important for our future.
We are very happy in our relationship, and AIDS has not disturbed us

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: I am in a relationship with an HIV positive person
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 11:28:51 am »
Hiya,

I moved your introduction post to this section "Someone I Care About Has HIV" as you are not living with HIV

Feel free to post or reply in this section with any concerns, questions you might have on HIV or HIV treatment/care and other forum members can reply to you here. Off topic is also open to you, as a HIV Negative member for posts unrelated to HIV.

Sorry to hear that your partner has an AIDS dignoisis, how are they getting on? Are they on treatment for the HIV?

Regarding kids, plenty of the forum members are parents as HIV with treatment is no longer a barrier to having kids so feel free to ask any questions you have here.

Best, Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline em

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:56:05 pm »
Jim don't you have kids ?

Myself I have had relations with my wife and we have two children .

My first Undetectable viral load was almost 25 years ago and we have two teen age children we did not try to have children right away because no one knew if undetectable  was not contagious yet

I do not know what you may want to know?

I can say it is possible and safe  and many here have done the same thing

Just make sure he takes his meds as prescribed and has a an undetectable viral load and all should be fine .

I hope you all he best with your desire to have children

Offline emililadjet

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 04:38:15 pm »
Hiya,

I moved your introduction post to this section "Someone I Care About Has HIV" as you are not living with HIV

Feel free to post or reply in this section with any concerns, questions you might have on HIV or HIV treatment/care and other forum members can reply to you here. Off topic is also open to you, as a HIV Negative member for posts unrelated to HIV.

Sorry to hear that your partner has an AIDS dignoisis, how are they getting on? Are they on treatment for the HIV?

Regarding kids, plenty of the forum members are parents as HIV with treatment is no longer a barrier to having kids so feel free to ask any questions you have here.

Best, Jim

Hi Jim
I thank you for your message and your   support :)
 My partner has  AIDS from his  sexual relations with girls, he is in a position to follow with his doctor, and he takes medication his every day. Physically and morally he is good. We look at the future,   and we want to expand our family, and I am very happy to hear that many people who have had AIDS have the childrens.

Offline emililadjet

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 04:44:45 pm »
Jim don't you have kids ?

Myself I have had relations with my wife and we have two children .

My first Undetectable viral load was almost 25 years ago and we have two teen age children we did not try to have children right away because no one knew if undetectable  was not contagious yet

I do not know what you may want to know?

I can say it is possible and safe  and many here have done the same thing

Just make sure he takes his meds as prescribed and has a an undetectable viral load and all should be fine .

I hope you all he best with your desire to have children
Hello EM
Everyone wants to have children, and now, thanks to God, even with AIDS, we can have a children, just we need to follow with the doctor.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 05:56:21 pm »
Indeed.

People living with HIV can have children and there are plenty of HIV positive parents here. The short of it is correctly treated HIV is not a road block to pregnancy or having HIV negative children.

In the past sperm washing was the way to go, however that's should be less and less required, as PrEP has come along and the more recent transmission studies leading to the U=U: Undetectable = Untransmittable concensus statement

https://www.preventionaccess.org/consensus
http://i-base.info/u-equals-u/

See once your partner is UD for more than 6 months and remains adherent to his treatment than, he is not going to transmit the virus to you during condom-less sex. TaSP - Treatment as prevention is great. Thanks to scientific research/studies, volunteers and pharma .

You should consider taking to the doctor together when you are ready to have children so they can advise you and, I've included some links with info on family planning in relation to HIV.

Jim

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-family-planning
https://www.thewellproject.org/hiv-information/getting-pregnant-and-hiv-hiv-man-and-hiv-negative-woman-serodiscordant-or
https://www.poz.com/article/never-better-time-get-pregnant-one-hiv
http://i-base.info/guides/pregnancy/what-to-do-when-one-partner-is-hiv-positive-and-the-other-is-hiv-negative

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 12:19:13 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline emililadjet

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 01:02:58 pm »
Hello JimDublin
I hope you are fine :)
I thank you for the information and the links, I will read carefully the pages you sent to me. at this time we discusses with our doctor to have children
thank you my friend

Offline POZ Editors

• POZ
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 10:11:52 am »
A little late to this conversation but did you happen to see this cover story from POZ a couple of years ago...

https://www.poz.com/article/born-free

Born Free - Dispelling misconceptions about conception and HIV

Lolisa Gibson-Hunte never thought she wanted kids. But now Lolisa, who is HIV positive, and her husband, Daryl Hunte, who is HIV negative, have two children—and both kids are free of HIV.

Anna Shevel-Vreeland wanted to be a mom since she was a little girl. “I was that odd kid on the playground who was tending to my dolls instead of playing with other kids,” she says.

So when, as a freshman in college, she fell in love with Reed Vreeland, a sophomore from her dorm who was living with HIV, she started Googling.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.