Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:52:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773195
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 405
Total: 407

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: my first haley davidson  (Read 8235 times)

Offline sparks

• myspace
my first haley davidson
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:36:49 pm »
Its white has a fancy front wheel and is a 1200 , its not a hog so i call it piglet
IM a 17 yr survivor my t-cells have always been 900 or above znd my viral load remains undetectable,, ive known i was positive since i was 20

Offline lucas clay

Re: my first haley davidson
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:02:03 am »
Welcome to the forums Mr. Sparks
Congrats on the new Harley, Taking delivery is one of the high points in life.
Almost like a religious experience ;)
Don't fret that it's not one of the huge ones,sportys are a lot of fun around town.
Easy to ground maneuver, great for "rat racing" thru town.
A new Harley....DROOL

( Harley's are a guys best friend)
                                                                               Lucas

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:14:42 am »
Any pictures yet?

Offline Florida69

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:43:02 am »
My next bike will definately be either a Harley or a Triumph.  I just bought a Honda Rebel, man what a sweet ride.  D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 01:51:14 pm »
They had a Harley Davidson Nightster 1200 displayed at my gym. It's a nice looking bike.

Offline sparks

• myspace
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »
i looked at those their awsome i got the sportster thinking once im feeling better taking it to the coast
IM a 17 yr survivor my t-cells have always been 900 or above znd my viral load remains undetectable,, ive known i was positive since i was 20

Offline Texan38

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 04:30:47 pm »
Guys look so sexy on Harleys and so do women....but I'd have to admit, I'd be too chicken shit to ride one.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline sparks

• myspace
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 07:49:52 am »
Im takeing it in this morning to have the chrome installed and chamge the front wheel ,,, get it all dressed up

Offline sparks

• myspace
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 10:50:53 pm »
got my little piglet back she looks awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 11:00:14 pm »
Picture, man, we want pictures.

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 11:59:12 pm »
Congratulations!  The next order of business needs to be a road trip. 
It's a complex world

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 02:05:04 pm »
Hey Sparks congrats! My partner got his first sportser last year and is already talking bigger for next year. With  PML and mobility issues I was reluctant to ride with him but what a free feeling to ride on the back with him. Last weekend I got a little adventurous and rubbed his PA all the trip home.  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sparks

• myspace
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 11:27:04 am »
my baby

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 01:38:50 pm »
Very sharp. I really like the size and style of your bike.

Offline sparks

• myspace
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 01:48:13 pm »
Im already thinking of a second one ,,, im really digging the dyna fat bob its awesome

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 03:26:06 pm »
The first Harley Davidson, built in 1903, they built 3 of them  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 04:59:07 pm »
Well enjoy, the US is the country for them, in the UK we have corners  :) - matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 05:18:21 pm »
My BF has a new HD, a 2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom.  He finally got me to ride it with him a few weeks ago.  He rides it all of the time.  :)

HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 06:43:29 pm »
Nothing beats that feeling of freedom.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline PRMike

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 06:53:29 pm »
Hi Sparks and everyone else,, Oh yeah first of all that is one sweet looking bike and the other one's I saw on here are great too,,, I for the moment am riding A Suzuki LS savage 2003,, it's not what I wanted ( Harley ) but it will have to do for now until I get Lucky and can get my Harley,, but at least I am Riding
PRMike

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 08:48:35 pm »

Offline sparks

• myspace
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 11:11:37 pm »
Thanks guys ,, i was on a shopping kick of going to american eagle but that got kicked to the curb i have a new favorite store and its full of harley davidson's

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 04:28:30 am »
Hi Sparks and everyone else,, Oh yeah first of all that is one sweet looking bike and the other one's I saw on here are great too,,, I for the moment am riding A Suzuki LS savage 2003,, it's not what I wanted ( Harley ) but it will have to do for now until I get Lucky and can get my Harley,, but at least I am Riding
As long as your " in the wind" don't matter what your on.
Hate to think of all the old beat up motorcycles i had, before i got "the iron mistress"
Keep the "sticky side down folks"

Lucas

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 12:18:38 pm »
Hate to think of all the old beat up motorcycles i had, before i got "the iron mistress"

Lucas

Don't you still also own a foreign-made motorcycle?  Or did you get rid of it?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 03:46:01 am »
Betty
I don't think you could call it a motorcycle ;)
Its a scooter, does 45 miles per hour and gets 108 miles a gallon.
It cost me $50 a week in the car to go to work and back. this "thing" will do it for $12.
Harley for fun, scooter for work.

http://powersports.honda.com/scooters/model.asp?ModelName=Elite+80&ModelYear=2007&ModelId=CH807

Lucas

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 06:51:14 am »
I have to commute 1 hour to get to my part-time job and the scooter certainly helps with the gas. I'm only getting 75 mpg but my scooter will go 80 mph.

A friend asked me if I will be hanging out in biker bars now that I am on two wheels. I told him I was going to be hanging out in scooter bars-- kind of the pocket protector crowd meets Euro trash. :)

Offline sparks

• myspace
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 10:19:11 am »
hehehe that made me fall out of my chair laughing.....pocket protector meets euro trash to funny

Offline Iggy

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 12:23:41 pm »
A friend asked me if I will be hanging out in biker bars now that I am on two wheels. I told him I was going to be hanging out in scooter bars-- kind of the pocket protector crowd meets Euro trash. :)

Reminds me of some of the guys who would be dressed up as Bikers and head to the LURE when it was still open.

I used to crack up when I would sometimes see them go out of their way to avoid walking past Hogs and Heifers on their way to/from.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 03:15:18 am »
I have to commute 1 hour to get to my part-time job and the scooter certainly helps with the gas. I'm only getting 75 mpg but my scooter will go 80 mph.

I tell you, in the suburbs of DC, everyone is on scooters.  Just last weekend, I was sitting at a redlight in my car and what do you know?  Ten buff guys, looking about 30ish in age, all came "roaring" through the intersection on their Skittle-colored scooters, like it was an elite club or something they belonged to.

I guess we can forget hiking and biking clubs, its scooter time!

You had to see it, not just two three or four guys "riding,"  but a whole slew of them!  Too funny!   ;D
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 10:20:41 am »
Jeffrey couldn't wait until next year he traded in his Sportster for an Electra Glide Classic Touring Harley. Nice ride and definitely more comfortable for him and me both.

12 years ago when we hooked up I never imagined a Harley in our future.  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.