Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:05:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 651
Total: 653

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV Testing Clinic  (Read 5027 times)

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
HIV Testing Clinic
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:20:24 am »

Hi guys im really worried, i went to a stag weekend in Spain a few days ago and ended up getting really drunk, we ended up in this strange strip joint where most of the girls offered sex and blowjobs, the girl who was with me first danced for me for about 30 mins then she went out for a ciggy, she came back and approached me again she said she doesn't do sex but offered a blowjob and stupidly i asked her how much for a handjob and we proceeded it was very quick but very rough, there was no touching of her parts or licking/sucking etc,i think she may have stuck her nails in whilst giving me the handjob, just before i came she jumped out of the way and i finished myself cleaning myself with a tissue, at the time i didn't notice anything but the next day i had a lot of skin irritation perhaps also from me trying to clean myself after feeling so disgusted at what i did, over the days there where marks on the penis has it began to heal and its nearly healed totally now.
At the time there was no blood but what if she had a cut or it was rough scabs that made the abrasions on my penis.
She was with me for 35 mins before the handjob so no other clients around that time to get on her hands.
Is there any chance i can get Hiv or any other STD from this encounter, i have a wife and two kids and feel so ashamed, i haven't told her and she would leave me, i would loose everything.
Please can somebody advise me.
Many Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Stag weekend handjob
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:24:38 am »
HIV is sexually transmitted from unprotected anal and vaginal sex . No one has ever been infected from a hand job and you will not be the first . HIV is far to fragile to be transmitted outside the human body .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:41:35 am »
Thank you for the quick reply, but there are some experts who say it is possible to pass it from wound to wound, so how big does a wound need to be, can it warrant scratches?
Thx again for your time and efforts.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 09:47:46 am »
Thank you for the quick reply, but there are some experts who say it is possible to pass it from wound to wound, so how big does a wound need to be, can it warrant scratches?
Thx again for your time and efforts.

Its not a risk ... you did not have an exposure to HIV from a hand job . We are not responsible for what others offer on transmission modes . If you cant accept the assessment then go get tested and collect your negative result and you will feel better .
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:03:25 am by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 09:50:10 am »
thank you jeff, its amazing how quick you reply!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 10:05:57 am »
thank you jeff, its amazing how quick you reply!

Thanks ... I suffer from premature postalation LOL . I also have go back and edit bad spelling quite often from doing do .

You really can relax . If you had a risk we would be begging you to get tested ... that is what we do and our goal .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
HIV Testing Clinic
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 06:38:29 am »
Hey guys just to follow up, i went to get tested after my risky handjob incounter and everything came back negative which is great news, but the problem was at the clinic as i walked out the band aid where they had taken blood came off and there was a fair amount of blood on my arm, i had to come back into the centre to get a new band aid and stop the bleeding i didnt touch anyone, but could i have caught anything from touching the door to come in and out of the centre and then touching my arm to stop the blood.
Do i need to get tested again, im sorry i dont want to be a hypochondriac but im confused.
I spoke to the health advisor there and he said i shouldnt give it a seconds thought, but he was less than confident about it, he said i couldnt catch HIV, but is there anything else that could live on a surface and is Hiv a possibility?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: HIV Testing Clinic
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 07:16:51 am »
Monty,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You never had a "risky" handjob - you had a NO HIV RISK handjob. It's no surprise you tested negative.

Hiv is NOT transmitted from objects in the environment such as doorknobs. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. Not one person has ever been infected by touching a doorknob and you aren't going to be the first.

In adults, hiv is transmitted by:

Unprotected anal intercourse.
Unprotected vaginal intercourse.
Sharing drug injecting equipment.

If you haven't engaged in one of those three activities, then you haven't had an hiv risk.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 07:20:12 am »
Thx ann, but is there any other STD that you can catch form surfaces that i should be aware of?
There was blood coming from my arm from where they had taken blood.
The health consultant was less than forthcoming on the risks.
I understand this is a HIV forum but you advice would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:22:31 am by montyspurs »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 07:48:39 am »
Monty,

STD means SEXUALLY transmitted disease. You can't pick up an STD from doorknobs or toilet seats - you get them from having sex with another human being.

You need to let this go.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 07:58:34 am »
Ann, thank you for the time on this, you and your team are really amazing!

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 10:06:29 am »
One more question if i may,i just wanted to make sure you understood the fact that there was a fair amount of blood coming down from my arm at the point where they had taken blood out and i had touched the door that hundreds of people coming in and out testing for hiv and other std's come through each day before placing my fingers on the wound to stop the bleeding.
You guys still confident i don't need to re-test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 10:29:49 am »
Monty,

I fully understood what you were talking about regarding your bleeding arm. Now you need to understand that you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection or any other STI due to it.

In fact it's a bit insulting that you still think you can get hiv by touching things that hiv positive people have touched before you even after it has been explained to you that it's NOT A RISK. It's attitudes like yours that contribute to the stigma we have to put up with every single day of our lives. It gets tiresome.

NOTHING you have brought to us has been a risk for hiv infection.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!!!

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

It doesn't matter that you took out a subscription. You are already on thin ice after repeatedly trying for new accounts earlier today to try to avoid taking out a subscription. I very nearly banned you the second time you did that today. Abide by our rules or be shown the door.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 10:37:18 am »
Ok ann apologies and thank you.

Offline montyspurs

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 03:49:55 am »
Ann and Jeff, first of all thank you for all your help and information, I am much more aware about hiv transmission.
But could I ask just for my own mind, when could I get tested again, is three weeks ok after this incident.
Many thanks again.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 08:16:46 am »
Monty ... your questions have been answers already . You never had a risk and have already tested negative . Your last question ignores what you have been told already and also ignores Ann's warning so I'm giving you the time out you were warned about . Please use this time to come to terms with the facts that you you never had a risk and do not have HIV . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.