Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:31:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 652
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 619
Total: 621

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: paying for the drugs w/insurence  (Read 3731 times)

Offline booker

• hello
paying for the drugs w/insurence
« on: October 27, 2006, 08:49:01 pm »
hey , My insurance has just changed and I am now paying more that 200 $ a mo. for drugs. I work full time but that really puts a weight on my bank account. is there any help other than for people who make less than 45, 000 ? I make abit over that and I don't think I can pull it off, unless I get a roommate or move out of the city (boston ma) .
help!!!
Kevin

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: paying for the drugs w/insurence
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 01:44:50 am »
Hello Kevin,

Dan J had posted this thread earlier today. Depending on your medication, perhaps you can find some information fron the Gilead website. The have patient assistance programs :

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=5159.0

Or you can go right to the site by clicking below : ( this will get you right to assistance  program info :

http://www.gileadhiv.com/500PatientAssistance.aspx

There is also this website, called "needymeds .com" Perhaps you can get some info there also : "This site is like the Yellow Pages. We do not supply medications or financial assistance but we do provide information so you can find programs that will help you"

http://www.needymeds.com/

Here's a website, that will give you contact info, for assistance programs, that may be available to you :

http://www.nami.org/Content/ContentGroups/Helpline1/Prescription_Drug_Patient_Assistance_Programs.htm

Let us know, if you make out good with any of the above. Also bring this to your doctors attention. He could very well have information that may apply to you.

Take care/ things will work out------Ray
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 01:46:22 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:48:42 am »
Kevin,

By the way, I just realised this is your first post, so I just want to welcome you also !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:02:08 am »
Hello Kevin,

As Ray has mentioned, there are a few other alternatives for you regarding the cost of your medication. It is truly an arkward situation to be in with the amount of co-pay that you have each month for your medication. Check out those sources provided and see what you can come up with.

I wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME here at the forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real people who will listen as well as answer you. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time.

In the interim,eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy and avoid processed foods, saturated and trans fats. This will also help you maintain a healthy weight.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 07:13:09 pm »
Welcome to the Forum, Kevin.  As someone living on the Cape, you have three options for insurance.  The first is MassHealth which you can Google.  The cutoff for the hiv program is 200% of the federal poverty level or roughly $19,somethingk per year.  The second is to contact HDAP, the cutoff for which I am not sure.  If accepted, they will pick up your premiums with Blue Cross/Blue Shield.  HDAP is MA's ADAP (Aids Drug Assitance Program).  The third choice is coming but the cutoff won't help you since it will be 300% of the federal poverty level.  (The MassHealth website will clarify what the cutoff numbers are, btw.)  That's part of the new program you may have heard about which is not hiv specific but part of the state's plan to get every resident insured by 1 July 2007. 

Given your current income, the best bet would be with HDAP.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline gerry

• Joined AM Feb 2003
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 12:12:06 am »
As Win had suggested, you might be able to apply for assistance with the Massachussetts ADAP to help pay for your medication co-payments.  The income cut-off is at $50K.  Here's the contact information:

Massachusetts ADAP Contact and Eligibility

Good luck.

Offline Lis

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 08:18:03 am »
You might want to check out this site.. www.1800medexpress.com

they were able to save me half on my co pays.. Alan L told me about it.. and i was really glad..

good luck

lisbeth
poz 1986....

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 08:25:53 am »
Kevin,

Just seen this commercial on TV moments ago, something else to check into :

https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php

Ray
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:28:48 am by J.R.E. »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.