Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 353
Total: 356

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New job and new insurance issues  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Falkore

New job and new insurance issues
« on: August 03, 2006, 09:01:51 pm »
Well guys, after all this talk about how well I'm handling the Atripla, now comes another problem.  Up until last week I was working for a local hotel that offered Aetna insurance.  The insurance had a drug plan that required I pay $40.00 per month for 30 pills.  Now, with the new insurance, I have to pay "50% with a $40 min/$100 max annual deductible.  Meaning, since Atripla is not on a preferred brand, I have to pay $100 per month.  I know that's better then the $1,200 that the medication actually COSTS, but still... it's a heck of a jump.  The new job pays better, but pretty much the raise I get will all go to the medication.  I'm not very happy about that, but what choice do I have?
At times I wish I could go back to my previous coverage, but then I was hardly making any money then because everything I got went to the insurance charge.  It sucks.
"Ain't no shame in my flame"
Date:          CD4:     VL:
10/02/05     568       2,070
11/18/05     541       2,970
02/17/06     442       4,720
04/17/06     510       1,100
07/12/06     391       3,050
Start Atripla
09/22/06     595       Undet.
01/18/07     562       Undet.
05/25/07     540       Undet.
09/26/07     531       Undet.

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: New job and new insurance issues
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:14:50 pm »
I wish someone would hire me.  I have been trying for about 8 years.  Having ten years of unemployment on record, it tends to set up red flags and a more qualified applicant is always found.  Even with an increased cost of meds, the amount of pay (in my field) would still provide a better quality of life.

I am not trying to make you feel bad, it is just that work and benefits is a hot topic for me.  There is no end of organizations who ask for my services on a volunteer basis, I do everything I can but it does not pay the bills.  Thank you for posting this thread and allowing me to throw in my two cents.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 09:55:27 pm »
Hi Falkore,

I understand....sometimes it feels like I work only to "feed" this bug that is HIV.
Medicine, medicine and more medicine.....copays on this and that, bills bills and more bills.

I've decided to not worry about it.  I'm doing the best I can, I think that is all we can do.

Keep the faith....

Hugs,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Dennis

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 10:40:57 pm »
I was shocked when I went to refill my meds not too long ago.  My copay for Truvada, Reyataz, and Norvir has been $105 for the past couple of years.  When I filled them this last time my copay dropped to $75.  My only guess is that those meds have been classified differently.  I'm gratefull but at the same time curious, but don't want to call as to raise any red flags.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.