HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Blood Draw

(1/2) > >>

Hope007:
Hi team. I am from India. Yesterday i went to local diagnostic center for my blood draw they used vaccutainer needle for blood draw.. but i think the needle is reused because the sticker between the two caps is already opened. At that time i dont have much idea about but after researching i come to know that the sticker should not be opened already so now i am worried if that needle is fresh or reused and will it infect with hiv since it was blood draw not injection please tell me. Also i came to know that we cannot use vaccutainer needle again after using it once and we cannot draw blood again from it...is it true.??

Jim Allen:
You had a blood draw, it's not an HIV risk, end of story.

Go back to the clinic if you have questions for them. Next time you need bloods done, explain to them you have fears, that way they will take additional time to explain things and show you stuff.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.

Hope007:
Hello Jim Sir. Thanks for your response. Actually I was doubtful of the clinic person that's why I came here. So consulting him will be no help whatever he will say will not gain my confidence. Anyways being an HiV Expert if you say no risk I will rest my case here. Thanks again.

Jim Allen:
I doubt the guy taking blood is the only person working there.

Anyhow, you're welcome, relax and move on with your life.

Hope007:
Jim Sir Pls clear my first and last doubt. If there have been blood on bore(tip) of the needle or body of the needle from previous draw and that reuse needle punctures and gets in my vein then possibility of any blood from the needle mixes with veins blood. Its still no risk scenario.?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version