Main Forums > Living With HIV

Regular labwork didn’t go as planned

(1/4) > >>

numbersguy82:
So I went last Friday to have bloodwork done for both my upcoming psychiatrist and hiv doctor visits. I can see my results as soon as they arrive, and immediately I saw my creatine level at 1.44 which was sky high compared to my January labs.

I show up for my appointment today and my Doctor had pulled in two colleagues to review my information. Their fear is obviously acute renal failure. I’m not presenting any symptoms outside of general malaise and urinating more frequently. They ordered new labs for rush, and they told me if they come in the same or worse, tomm I will be checked in to the hospital.

So it was def not my usual in and out breezy visit that I’m accustomed to. There’s a chance I’m in lithium toxicity and if that’s the case I can simply adjust my dosage and avoid the hospital stay. It also could have been a fluke reading. So I guess I’ll see what tomm brings.

Tonny2:

ojo.              I’m sorry to read your post but less wait and see. Hang in there, we are here for you and please keep us posted. Everything is going to be OK… Hugs.

Jim Allen:
Yeah, generally no panic is needed, repeating the labs is a good idea and waiting for the results particularly as you take Lithium. 

You haven't been taking anything new? Hopefully, the results will be better today and you can continue with the Lithium.

Keep us posted, although before you ask, no, you can't have my kidney.

Hugs, don't stress.

numbersguy82:
Thank you Tonny and Jim. It’s nice to have an outlet to blow off steam and find support. Of course in came some “Jim Wisdom” as well to make me feel better, so I guess we will see what my results say.

BubbaPat:
Hey kiddo!

I hope the next visit goes bette.  So far, my favorite doctors have all been "Eh.. let's get this redone.  At your age, numbers get weird." and then we get retested and all is good.  Still fat and old.. but hey... still here.

I even once had pneumonia so bad the nurses kept poking me with their fingers.  They thought it funny and odd that I walked in there on my own power.  They couldn't believe I was up, walking and talking with 70% oxygen.  Now as for the STUDENT doctor... that little whi.. woman, almost got cussed out.  She spoke to me then went and told my husband that he should get our affairs in order.  I knew, from ACROSS the room that something along those lines was said because he went W H I T E.  When I saw him, I got mad then flipped him off to know I was okay.  I told MY doctor that either he teach her or I would.  She came around when I was asleep.  Never saw her again.

Crossing my fingers, saying a prayer, and doing a jig (as long as my hip holds) to get your numbers where they need to be.

Bubba hugs,
Patrick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version