Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:49:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 603
Total: 604

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: DULOTREGRAVIR QUESTION  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Tonny2

DULOTREGRAVIR QUESTION
« on: January 22, 2018, 04:45:41 pm »

ojo        hello everyone...happy belated new year.

i have a friend who is having a hard time dealing with his dx, he is taking dulotegravir plus truvada...i'm not sure if the dulotegravir is causeing his anxiety or it's just part of the process to digest his knew life...is there anyone who is taking dulotegravir and it's heving same anxiety and depresion issuess, i will appreciate your feesback, and to help me help a fellow member....thanks for reading ,,,hugs                                         ojo

Offline Lightfighter

Re: DULOTREGRAVIR QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:50:43 pm »
I take Tivicay and Descovy. I changed from Stribild (wanted to be able to take it on an empty stomach is why I switched).

I've had no ill effects from either.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:31:42 pm »

ojo       hello my friend lightfighter, thanks ror you unput, i will let my friend know, if he already read you,,,i thought i saw some members having some depression issuess with it, maybe i'm weong, remember that i'm almost blind, lol...i hope someone else wants to helps us guve my friend some peace of mind, he is having a hard time with his dx and pronanly his med...happy belated new year, i spent five weeks suffering on the beach having a pina colada mhahahah...hugs                  ojo

Offline em

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 10:01:24 pm »
Pardon if this is not much help

I take dolutegravir abacavir and efavirenz. the dolutegravir for a few years now the others for about ten years now or so. I do not keep track of time like I use to.

This is the part that is not much help. I have always suffered from depression and anxiety i guess being a basket case is not much help. The dolutegravir is not causing any difference for me . I am still undetectable with a ballpark of about 750  t cell for a long long time with a few drug changes over the past  years

The stuff seems to be keeping me healthy and that I hope helps you to know that much. It should help your friend to know it does help keep the virus at bay.

I hope this helps

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:06:53 am »
Most people tolerate DTG very well, but when people have side effects CNS/insomnia are the most common side effects.  If you go through the Q & A about treatment forum there are a number of threads about this.

I had severe anxiety and insomnia on DTG - until I stopped taking it.

I have a friend who is having a similar problem (insomnia more than anxiety).  There is some evidence that taking it in the morning may help with the insomnia.  The change to morning dosing didn't work for him though. 

Best of luck to your friend.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:14:52 am by bmancanfly »
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:44:00 am »
Hi Tony,

Your friend need to work with his doctor, anxiety can be totally unrelated to his meds or just triggered from being newly diagnosed.

Whatever the cause/trigger or concern in this area really does need professional support/attention. As for sleep issues switching to morning dose seems to help if that is a concern, and anecdotally taking the dolutegravir without food.

Hope he feels better soon.

Jim

https://www.poz.com/article/morning-dosing-tivicay-may-ease-insomnia-side-effect

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=67491.0
Tivicay, Rare Severe Depression Side Effect
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline lucbr

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:30:55 am »
I had a little case of insomnia in the first weeks of Dolutegravir and of course that changed my quality of life, felt very stressed. But it is gone completely now... I think dolutegravir is awesome actually.

Offline Mightysure

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 01:28:23 pm »
It is known to cause insomnia, but it hasn't caused any anxiety issues for me and I've previously had them.
I'd give it time. If he's having issues coming to terms with it, then that is probably whats causing his anxiety.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 04:43:07 pm »

ojo        hello and thanks to everyone of you, for taking the time to help a fellow member calm his fears....he is a member from the spanish forum, he has read you guys and have told me to thank you guys...he is a newly diagnosed man, and i don't have experience with that med, he is the first one on that forum who is lucky enough, to get this newest med...again, thanks got your help...happy belated new ywar to all of you...hugs                                                                                         

@JimDublin, happy new year to you too...i advised our fellow member to seek proffesional help, he is already being treated for anxiety and depression...i know that there are lots of members who have problems to handle the dx, he is one of them, and, as i said before, i don't have experiencie with dulotegravir, that why i posted about it, so, our fellow member can get the information straight from the people who are taking that medication...i'm sorry if i posted on the wrong forum...hugs my friend

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 05:12:34 pm »
i'm sorry if i posted on the wrong forum

Lol, don't worry about it, it's simply not an issue and so nothing to apologize for.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 08:42:59 pm »

ojo      @JimDublin/// 8)

Offline Mizie

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 07:20:44 am »
Hi Tonny,

Im taking dolutegravir and tenofovir. I was having insomnia and weird dream in first 2 weeks of intake. But eventually i think my body has adapted.

I cant comment much on anxiety because i have anxiety even before i took the medicine.. the anxiety gettin worse but this might be because of my working environment... so im not sure also...

Thank you

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 09:01:45 pm »

ojo       hello mizzie, thanks for your feedback, my friend doesn't have insomnia issues, he has lots of anxiety, but he told me he used to have it even before his dx, so, he started seeing a psycologist, i hope he gets some peace of mind,,,thanks again to all of you who helped me help my friend, i', sure he already read all of your replies...

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 12:34:20 pm »
anxiety, but he told me he used to have it even before his dx

Hi Tonny

Sorry to hear he has been suffering from anxiety but glad he is now going to get help from a psychologist he needs and you have been supportive for him during this time of coming to terms with his diagnosis

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 08:19:06 pm »

ojo       hi jim. thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it...hugs     ojo

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.