Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:12:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 567
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 537
Total: 537

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Are the forums being displayed differently?  (Read 7566 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Are the forums being displayed differently?
« on: August 28, 2008, 11:49:59 am »

All the font size is smaller ! It's only on this site, somethings changed I think !

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Are the forums being displayed differently?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:58:13 am »
I'm having the same problem, Ray. I thought I'd accidently changed my font size. When I checked, it was the same. When I played around with it a bit, the only font that changed size was the font in the sidebar. I'm gonna go cross-eyed with this smaller font! ~insert cross-eyed smiley~
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »

For me, only the two right side columns are the same. I think it has something to do with the top ad on the page. Somethings been added. As long as I know it's not just me !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:02:43 pm »
You know this will cause worried well in "Am I Infected?" to think "The AIDS" is causing them to not be able see as well

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 12:53:28 pm »
well everyone's pics look as cool as before. but i do wanna say bigger is betttttter

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 02:23:17 pm »
The font size is different, it does hurt my eyes and I'm out of here  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Roie

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 02:39:28 pm »
My font size is the same as before, but somethings links are written in black and the others blue.
I think it shows me in blue if i have clicked on the link before.
Cruise on down the High Way

"When people who are not ready jump in, things can go horribly wrong. For most of us, there is always time to take a deep breath, consider one's options and make a careful, sound decision based on clinical fact, not emotion."
MtD

Offline allanq

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 03:04:46 pm »
The AIDSmeds website does look different. The fonts look smaller, and the width of the page has become narrower.

I don't know what font AIDSmeds uses, but I wish they would get a font that's easier on the eyes. I'm not just talking about size. The current font crowds letters together too much. A font like Verbena would be much easier to read.

When composing replies, you can make the font more readable by using the red Font Face button, which is all the way to the right on the top row of buttons. When you're finished composing your reply, highlight everything and then just hit that red button. As far I can tell, the only other person in the forums who uses this feature is Newt.

The Firefox and Safari browsers let you enlarge the font size on a website, so if the problem with the too-small font size doesn't get fixed soon, you can try using that feature. Internet Explorer probably lets you increase the font size on websites as well, but I'm not familiar with that browser.

Just for comparison, here is what it looks like when you don't use the Font Face option:

I don't know what font AIDSmeds uses, but I wish they would get a font that's easier on the eyes. I'm not just talking about size. The current font crowds letters together too much. A font like Verbena or Lucida Grande would be much easier to read.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 03:30:05 pm »
My font size is the same as before, but somethings links are written in black and the others blue.
I think it shows me in blue if i have clicked on the link before.

Same here. My font is totally normal but links are showing in blue when they have been visited.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 03:50:15 pm »
My font has gotten much smaller.  Me no likey!  No likey at all. 

RAB 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 04:29:57 pm »
Yes, same here.  The font is smaller (except when I'm typing) and there's some things in blue. ???
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 05:08:04 pm »
Hi Gang...

We're in the process of implementing a few changes, including the placement of the revised AIDSmeds top navigation bar and fixed-width formatting. As a result, we're experiencing a few template glitches -- I'm working on getting them sorted out now.

Tim

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 05:15:17 pm »
Hi Gang...

We're in the process of implementing a few changes, including the placement of the revised AIDSmeds top navigation bar and fixed-width formatting. As a result, we're experiencing a few template glitches -- I'm working on getting them sorted out now.

Tim

That's a relief.  For a minute there, I thought I might need to stop huffing this Scotchgard.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 05:19:21 pm »
That's a relief.  For a minute there, I thought I might need to stop huffing this Scotchgard.

LMAO....I guess we're on the same page, well, kind of, I thought it was the good green.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 06:18:57 pm »
The trouble with niche publishers is that somehow the normal rules of customer friendliness disappear, like well evidenced good practice suddenly don't apply

like decent text size and knowing at a glance which pages you've read already by changing the link colour to a different one

somehow overlooking the basics of readability is endemic in HIV sites, dunno why, niche position I guess, too many Manhattan Mac owners, but at least combo is getting simpler these days so it won't matter too much if no-one reads any of the hard-typed stuff on offer cos it's too squinty on the eyes.

this is my first and last post on this topic. I am beyond despair

but I do note..

..the text size on the non-forum pages on AIDSMEDS is now FIXED in Internet Explorer

boy are some people gonna be unimpressed when they get a new PC at Christmas with IE7 on it (quite a nice browser in its own way) and discover the handy page zoom function DOES make text bigger but breaks the page layout in what can only be described as an absolutely disastrous fashion (thus, i guess, exiting the site forever).

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 07:45:53 pm »

..the text size on the non-forum pages on AIDSMEDS is now FIXED in Internet Explorer

boy are some people gonna be unimpressed when they get a new PC at Christmas with IE7 on it (quite a nice browser in its own way) and discover the handy page zoom function DOES make text bigger but breaks the page layout in what can only be described as an absolutely disastrous fashion (thus, i guess, exiting the site forever).

- matt

Matt -- I'm no longer in charge of stuff like this, but I'll push for fixing obvious problems.  I'm having no problem using the zoom feature on IE7 on AIDSmeds lesson pages.  Can you send me a URL of a page where the text doesn't get larger during IE7 zoom?

Peter

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 08:04:37 pm »
Matt, hun, sometimes I have no earthly idea what the heck you're saying, but I sure ALWAYS love the way you say it. ;)

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 08:14:41 pm »
Its like talking about carburetors or the flux capacitor. I have no clue what was just said  ;D

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 08:27:20 pm »
Much better than before,

Just FYI,  I use Internet Explorer 7. It's currently set at 100% . On the menu bar ( under view)  the text size is selected as"larger". If one uses the zoom feature in IE7, ( for example sets it to 125% , it also resets the "view" text size setting, back to medium. So for those using larger text, that will need to be reset to "larger" again.

Hope that makes sense. But it now looks as though it is back to normal, as far as I can tell.

Ray
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 08:36:29 pm by J.R.E. »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 11:22:33 pm »
It still doesn't look the same to me, and I liked the old way better.  Now it's all narrow and long on the page with wide empty borders.  I have to scroll an awful lot more to see stuff.  I used to be able to see who is online and the most recent posts on the screen at the same time, but not now.  Maybe I'll get used to it in time...just not wild about it now.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 08:59:55 am »
All of my system wide internet fonts are Arial size 16 ... thank goodness for Macs.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline bear60

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 09:08:14 am »
I thought there was something funny going on here cause the AIDSMEDS forum window no longer fits my screen,.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 09:53:41 am »
Seems the blue has disappeared.  I kind of liked it in the section like this:

PM: 4652
New: 1
Show unread
Show replies
Show own posts
Total Logged In:

Offline newt

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 03:18:35 am »
To be fair here, the IE7 zoom does increase the text size but it's a crap implementation of page zooming, it zooms the whole page regardless, resulting in lost content, and there's no way round this really (see pics - am1 and am2).

I say disastrous because this produces horizontal scroll bars, which are to say the least, inelegant.

This isn't a problem for people with bigger than 1024 pixel resolution on their monitors, but 1024 is the resolution of 80%+ Windows monitors at present, and nearer 90% on laptops.

Which is why it is important, and possible, simple even, to arrange for users to increase the text size of important content without breaking the page layout by setting a scaleable font size for the main reading areas only (see pic - am3).

Technical people who do not graps this should be retired or retrained

Pics at +1 level zoom (125%) on IE7 on my oh so standard Lenovo laptop with 1024 pixel wide screen display.

URL: http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/WhenToStart_4759.shtml

- matt

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 05:20:06 am »
All I know is I can't get the simplified formatted version that I use to check the forums on my Blackberry since these latest tweaks. Very annoying...
"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline newt

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 05:24:12 am »
Nielsen Norman Group Report

Usability Return on investment - Strategies to enhance the user experience

http://www.nngroup.com/reports/roi/

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 07:59:33 am »
To be fair here, the IE7 zoom does increase the text size but it's a crap implementation of page zooming, it zooms the whole page regardless, resulting in lost content, and there's no way round this really (see pics - am1 and am2).

I say disastrous because this produces horizontal scroll bars, which are to say the least, inelegant.

- matt

Forgot to mention that !! Despise those Horizontal scroll bars.  Also just want to mention that my current resolution is set at 1024 by 768, which seems to be fine right now. Zoom is still set at 100% with view set to "Larger" Looks just like it did before any changes.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 11:28:56 am »
I still don't like it.  Everything is all bunched up long and narrow and requires lots of scrolling...yet there is A LOT of empty space on the borders of the page.  What will go there?  More advertising?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 01:37:46 pm »
Safari 4.0 (4528.1) beta ++++

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 01:41:36 pm »
don't anyone take this wrong, but what pages are you talking about? I saw the blue links for a day or two; but the rest of the site that i've puttered about on has looked the same as it has for quite some time.

This isn't a problem for people with bigger than 1024 pixel resolution on their monitors, but 1024 is the resolution of 80%+ Windows monitors at present, and nearer 90% on laptops.

Which is why it is important, and possible, simple even, to arrange for users to increase the text size of important content without breaking the page layout by setting a scaleable font size for the main reading areas only

as a computer tech and webpage desginer for nearly 15 yrs. this has always been one of my gripes. HTML is supposed to be scalable and not use fixed widths. Although my eyes aren't too bad, within the last year, I picked up a pair of reading glasses and adjusted my monitors to 1024. Why? Cause all the companies with their big ol' 19 inch+ monitors obviously gave up on the HMTL rules. THere are hardly any pages anymore that'll display properly in the good old standard 800*600 that many companies used for yrs and yrs on those 15 inch monitors.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 02:57:44 pm »
Must be different for everyone because the site looks totally normal to me.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.