Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:30:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please Help me - Really Worried...  (Read 4828 times)

Offline egie

Please Help me - Really Worried...
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:03:32 am »
Thank you for a superb web site.

I have a situation I want to inquire about. I received 2 uncovered blow jobs from working girls and also 3 instances of vaginal intercourse with condom. 5 weeks later I got pain in my throat, inflammated lymphs, fever and heavy rashes around my pubic region. I´m mostly worried about the unprotected blow jobs. In one of the instances the girl had real bad dental hygiene, with an open wound in her mouth. This was some time ago and I now date a girl which has bleedings every time we have sex. Her doctor told her she had a problem with her utiris. This has made me worried since I have understood that HIV infection with women usually gives utiris problems.

I am really worried and scared guys, and I would really appreciate a response.
What do you think my Risk is?

Also I would like to ask, during the years you had this site, have you ever encountered a case where a uncovered blow job recipient got a positive HIV test? Or a covered vaginal intercourse for that matter?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Please Help me - Really Worried...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:08:56 am »
At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV from receiving a blowjob, however it is possible to contract other STDs.

Offline egie

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 07:26:21 am »
Thank you for your swift reply.

I would greatly appreciate an answer to my other question:

During the years you had this site, have you ever encountered a case where a uncovered blow job recipient got a positive HIV test? (Or a covered vaginal intercourse for that matter?)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 07:30:29 am »
In the entire history of the HIV epidemic no man has ever been confirmed to have become infected from receiving a blowjob. It's safe to say you are not going to make history by becoming the first.

Other STDs are much easier to acquire so if you are having symptoms you should discuss them with your doctor. We also recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to at least annually have a full STD panel done as a precaution.

Condoms provide very effective protection as long as they don't break and the head of the penis is covered during intercourse. When a condom breaks it's quite clear what has happened because it looks like a fringed hoop on the penis. It's not about microscopic holes or tears.

From what you have reported I don't see any cause for concern about HIV.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline egie

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 07:38:21 am »
Thank you for your reply Andy.

Does my own symptoms 5 weeks after exposure as well as my girl friends symptoms (problem with her utiris, between period bleeding, bleeding after sexual intercourse) change your opinion? Does this imply there is an increases risk of HIV infection?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 08:37:06 am »
egie,

Are you having unprotected intercourse with your girlfriend, and if you are, have you both been tested for hiv before you stopped using condoms? It's not just sex workers you need to use condoms with - you need to use them with ANYONE. If you and your girlfriend have been having unprotected intercourse, you both should be checked for hiv and all the other STIs as well.

Nothing you did with the sex workers was a risk for hiv as you did the right thing and used a condom for intercourse.

Hiv and uterine problems in women have nothing to do with each other.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline egie

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 08:47:46 am »
Thanks for your reply Ann.

My gf tested herself for all STDs the same week we met, in a yearly routine check-up.

One last question: Does the fact that the girl providing the blow job had bad dental hygiene and a wound in her mouth affect your assesment of my risk? Do you think I should go test myself for HIV over this situation?

Thanks for all of your replies.
You are truly helping me through a difficult period in my life.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 09:05:33 am »
None of the details you continue to throw into the mix about the oral experience change the bottom line evaluation: it's a non-risk sexual activity. End of story. HIV is simply not transmitted through receiving oral sex.

PERIOD.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 09:32:24 am »
egie,

As Andy told you, not one person has ever been infected through getting a blowjob. You're not going to be the first and I'm quite sure you're not the first to get a blowjob off someone with poor oral health/hygiene. Forget about the blowjob.

Was your girlfriend also tested for hiv? They don't test for that automatically, you know. You have to request it. Have you also had a full sexual health check-up? If not, you should. Many STIs can be present without noticable symptoms.

You don't have to worry about hiv where the sex workers are concerned. Nothing you did with them or had done to you was a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline egie

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 07:18:52 am »
Hey Guys. Thank you for all your support. I write because I am really worried. I have started to get small wounds on my body (my legs mostly) which start to bleed a little after a while. Does that mean I am infected by HIV?

I am really worried and can´t think of anything else. Is there any other disease where you can get lightly  bleeding sores? I have 3 small sores on my legs, 2 of which have strated to bleed.

Please help me.

:(

Offline egie

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 07:23:29 am »
Also I have some of them on my ass. And my GF is starting to get some marks as well.

I would greatly appreciate your expertise in the situation.
I am really worried that it is HIV.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 07:27:26 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 09:47:30 am »
You're not listening. Yes, I believe you are worried but we've told your our evaluation of your situation and that is not going to change. If you have any symptoms that are concerning you then you need to discuss them with your doctor.

This is not an HIV situation no matter what your fears say to the contrary. You're a guy who went straying and that frequently results in fears and anxiety that are guilt-based rather than any actual risk.

We can't help you with that in this setting. You have no cause for concern about HIV. If you can't get over it then see a therapist or other professional to sort things out with.

Andy Velez

Offline egie

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 10:14:50 am »
Hello. I´ve done the test but the results will not be in for a couple of days.

I am extremely worried since I have developed numerous cases of thrush in my face, and on other parts of my body. Also I have a blisters in my mouth and A LOT of parasite problems all over my body. My imunne system seems to be working bad in other instances as well. It has now been 3 years since my risky exposure. PLEASE HELP ME. Does these symptoms tell me I am infected and starting to develop AIDS? I am desperate and have an appointment with a doctor on Wednesday. The results from my test will be back on Thursday probably. Please answer my question in the meanwhile, I feel desperate and I am so SCARED.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 11:04:10 am »
You're STILL not listening. Wait for your test result which I have no reason to think will be other than negative.

Stop with the drama and focus on other things in your life while you're waiting for your result, which you will have very soon.

There's really nothing more we can say to you at this point. We've already told you that you weren't at risk.
Andy Velez

Offline egie

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 05:37:45 am »
I just got all of my test results back and they were all negative.

The last week has been the worst of my life and I write this so I can perhaps help another soul who is experiencing a difficult period. I had lots of symptoms, and I really mean LOTS. My body was literally crumbling and I was convinced that my immune system was fucked up. Now I have come to understand that most of my symptoms were attributed to heavy stress and depression. If you are worried and waiting for your results DO NOT BROWSE THE INTERNET. Do not feed your worst fears.

I had a situation where I got a blow-job by a HIV-positive girl with a heavily bleeding gum and I did not get infected. The moral of the story is not to get BJ:s by girls with bad oral hygiene. The moral is that although you feel you are HIV-positive, in most cases, you may very well be HIV-negative indeed.

I want to thank you all for all your replies. I must have read each of your replies a hundred times. They helped me in a difficult time and for that I am sincerely grateful. I send you all of my love. Also I will make some major adjustments in my life. I will give a lot more to charity every year. I will be donating a lot of money from my company revenues each year to fight HIV/AIDS epedemic all over the world.  I will never again pay for sex. I will make love to my beautiful wife each day as it was my last day on earth. I will cherish my life and I will pray for all those who are less fortunate than me.

This experience has humbled me in a way which will give a lasting impression on my character. Life is a precious gift and I intend to live it in the best possible way, and be the best human being I can possibly be. God Bless you all, and may you live long, happy and prosperous lifes. If any of you who read this is HIV positive my prayers will include you each and every day. God bless you all!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 08:58:12 am »
It's no surprise  to us that you tested negative. But it is always good to get that happy result.

Get on with your life now and always use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse if you get involved in those activities.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.