Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 343
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: very worried  (Read 16152 times)

Offline ranger1

very worried
« on: June 04, 2006, 07:18:37 am »
Hi every1,
I recieved oral sex from a prostitute 4 months ago and although i wore a condom it split and i never realised till after, the blow job only lasted a couple of minutes, i recently had the flu and am still coughing up phlegm all the time, Could this be linked to hiv infection? im so worried

Offline RapidRod

Re: very worried
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:52:45 am »
No, receiving a blowjob is not a risk for HIV.

Offline ranger1

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:58:00 am »
But what if there was a cut or sore in her mouth, could that not cause infection?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 08:34:35 am »
The risk would have been to her not you and a very small risk at that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 09:34:10 am »
ranger,

Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it.

Please read through the HIV Transmission Lesson

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs. Although you do not need to test over this specific incident, if you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Ann
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 09:35:43 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ranger1

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 01:58:25 pm »
So therefore is it safe to say that even if there was blood in her mouth that there wouls be no chance of me becoming infected with hiv? Plz clarify, i fid it a grey area and don't understand?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 03:57:06 pm »
There is no "grey area" in this incident. In more than 25 years of the epidemic and billions of blowjobs later, there's never been a documented case of HIV transmission in this manner. None. Zilch. And you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

If you're having troubling symptoms you should discuss them with your doctor.

No testing is necessary regarding HIV in relation to this incident. And by the way, for future reference neither the presence nor the absence of any symptoms is never the way to know about your HIV status. If you have had unprotected intercourse, which I hope you won't, only an HIV test at 13 weeks will give the answer reliably about hour HIV status.

This time out there's no cause for further concern about HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 04:28:46 pm »
Ranger1,

This is a no-risk incident because not only is saliva not infectious, it actually acts to inhibit hiv infection. 

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline ranger1

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 05:13:06 pm »
I really want to thank every1 for taking time out to answer my question and help put my mind at rest, i really admire the work you do on here.

Thanks
      Ranger1

Offline ranger1

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 03:21:18 pm »
hi again i don't mean to be a pest but would like some clarification as to how recieving oral sex is no risk, even if there was blood present? for example would it still be no risk if they spat blood into your condom? please clarify because i find it confusing.
      thanks 
            ranger1

Offline ranger1

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 05:46:26 pm »
I recently read on another site that the chences of hiv transmission from insertive oral sex is 0.5 in 10,000. If there has never been a documented case how can this be measured? plz help

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 06:24:26 pm »
Hi Ranger,

I will ask you a question, that should place your mind at ease.

If it were probable that receiving oral sex, without a condom was dangerous; then I would assume that there would not be any Gay men left on the planet, and most Straight men that go outside of their marriage would also be dead.  This virus has been in the Gay community in the U.S. since 1979 that we know for sure, and it has been on the African Continent since 1959, which we also know for sure.  It is not passed via oral sex, unless there is an open wound on both the giver and receiver; plus, there must be an overwhelming, (gagging amount) amount of blood present for this type of transmission. 

Please put this incident to bed, and stay safe.

In Love.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 06:47:38 pm »
Ranger,

If you had read through the HIV Transmission Lesson like you are asked to in the Welcome Thread I asked you to read in the thread of yours I locked today, you would have had your answer. Please go read it now.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ranger1

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 01:06:59 pm »
Andy, the real deal to what happened in my incident is that i recieved oral sex from a prostitute and when it finished i noticed the condom had split, i was drunk and this could have happened when i put it on. She also spat before i recieved oral but my mind is going into overdrive with all sorts of scenarios like she may have spat into the condom and blood may have been present, as i was drunk i might not have noticed but there were no cuts or sores on my penis so just wanted your thoughts. thanks

Offline LessonLearned

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 12:54:22 am »
You can add all sort of different "what ifs" to your insertive oral experience, but no matter how you play the game, there was no risk for infection. You do not have HIV.

I wonder if you would be going thru the same anxiety if you recieved oral sex from someone that was not a sex worker. Guilt sucks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 05:59:02 am »
Ranger,

It doesn't matter what happened to the condom. You didn't need the condom in the first place for protection against hiv - because getting a blowjob is not and never has been a risk for hiv. Getting an unprotected blowjob is not a risk and that does not change for a broken condom.

You had no risk. NONE.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ranger1

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 01:07:39 pm »
does that mean that even if she had a cut or blood in her mouth that i wouldn't be at risk? i don't think there was any but it has crossed my mind

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 02:02:11 pm »
Ranger,

Did  you punch her in the mouth before she gave you that blowjob? No? Because that's the sort of amount of blood that would have had to have been present in order to present a risk to you.

Don't punch people in the mouth before they give you a blowjob and you'll be ok as far as hiv infection through getting a blowjob goes.

Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 02:42:30 pm »
Given the level of domestic violence in today's society, I submit that even punching a partner in the mouth and forcing her/him to fellate you would make scientific journal history were it to cause infection.

HIV is really, really difficult to transmit outside of penetrative vaginal and/or anal intercourse.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ranger1

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 04:15:21 pm »
Don't worry i never punched any1, my mind has just been in overdrive thinking she could have bitten her lip or something

Offline ranger1

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 08:52:06 am »
i banged my side yesterday not hard but bad bruising has showed up, is that a symptom? do i still have nothing to worry about??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 09:33:49 am »
Ranger,

NO, it is not a symptom of anything other than banging yourself and getting a bruise. Maybe you don't always bruise so much, maybe you just never noticed before.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ranger1

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 01:57:21 pm »
does the same go for phlegm and sputum as for saliva, that hiv cannot be transmitted through sexual contact with it? sorry to be a pest i just want every doubt out of my mind

Offline ranger1

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 05:00:17 pm »
Can anyone answer my question plz

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 05:02:33 pm »

Phlegm does not contain active viral particles. But please do not eat anyone's boogers but your own.

And with this level of inanity, I respectfully withdraw from the conversation.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ranger1

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 05:17:15 pm »
Hi again, I just wanted to clarify after reading some other posts in this forum that recieving oral is NO risk and not low risk?

thanks

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 07:43:04 pm »
Ranger,

Correct!

Morgan Landers

Offline ranger1

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 05:46:00 pm »
Hi every1

Can Hiv survive outside the body and if so for how long?
   Thanx

Offline ranger1

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 02:01:52 pm »
Hi
 I have just noticed really small white spots on my upper lip and was wondering if this was related to any hiv symptoms? Any replies would really be appreciated

Thanx

Offline ranger1

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2006, 02:42:35 pm »
Can any1 answer plz
    thanx

Offline bat_boy_0411

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 03:03:17 pm »
blow job, with or without condom is an extremely minimal risk. you got a better chance of winning a lottery, rather than catching HIV on the situation you describe.

relax, you don't have HIV. you're mouth ulcer is probably just a common mouth ulcer. you might have bite it at nith when you are sleeping, or on dental terms (night bite).

Offline ranger1

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 05:34:47 pm »
thanx for the reply bu it is not an ulcer but lots of tiny white spots, they are quite hard to notice but im worrying it might be a sympton, any thoughts?

Offline ranger1

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 06:00:16 pm »
can any1 answer plz i've worked myself up over it

Thanx

Offline bat_boy_0411

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 06:40:48 pm »
thanx for the reply bu it is not an ulcer but lots of tiny white spots, they are quite hard to notice but im worrying it might be a sympton, any thoughts?

better see a dentist, perhaps they can help. HIV is not your problem, no way, no how.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2006, 06:55:42 pm »
Ranger....here's some questions for you this time.

What is it that you want to hear? 
You've been told over and over NO RISK.  What part of NO don't you understand? 
Do you really think rephrasing and adding this scenario and that extra tidbit is going to change the answer?
Has it escaped you that you've been given the same answer over and over and you still don't pay heed?
You know we don't discuss symptoms...how could you have symptoms from NO RISK?

Tell you what, wait 13 weeks from your blowjob, torture yourself with worry, drive yourself and those around you crazy....then get an HIV test...come back here and tell us over and over how you can't believe the test results and try to convince us that you might have it.....Ok?  Isn't that what you wanted?

Seriously.
Sae.
Meh.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.