Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:59:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773346
  • Total Topics: 66356
  • Online Today: 295
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 153
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Symptoms after receiving masturbation and anal fingering  (Read 33529 times)

Offline WAITING

Symptoms after receiving masturbation and anal fingering
« on: May 27, 2008, 09:51:48 pm »
Hello,

On April 13, I went to a place which offers facial treatment and massage service. Upon entering the place, I met a lady who was doing a facial treatment to a customer. I told her that I wanted an hour of massage. She quickly assigned her assistant who was not wearing any glove to massage me. We went to a room and she started massaging me. She started her massage by masturbating me. At an instance, she tried to insert her finger in my anus. She managed to enter about an inch or so before I pulled her finger away. The insertion was harsh and I am afraid it might have caused abrasion inside my anus. She continued masturbating me until I ejaculated two to three minutes later. She, then, repeatedly rubbed the tip of my penis. And later, continued her massage that lasted nearly an hour. After the massage, I checked her hands and there were no visible sores on her fingers.

Two days after that, there were lesions at the tip of my penis (left opening and right opening) and I went to see a doctor. I told the doctor this scenario and she did herpes swab test. Later that day, I took tests for Herpes, Chlamydia, VDRL and Hiv. The test results turned out negatives.

At the end of April, I started having these symptoms: sore throat, headache, tingling sensation on eyes, fingers and body, muscle and joint pain, stiffen neck, rashes, nausea and feeling weak. The doctor said it was a viral infection and in order to determine whether it is hiv infection or not, I have to wait for three months. I now have one and a half months to go.

I recall the masseur inserted her finger into my anus about 10 minutes after she stopped giving facial treatment. The things that I can think of are:

a. while giving facial treatment, there was blood from acne stuck under her nails; and
   b. there was actually a microscopic sore or a small cut on her fingers that was not visible.

After browsing through the net and analyzing my situation, I think my risk is equal to receptive anal sex and masturbating with bodily fluids. What do you guys think ?

I know that nothing can be done now except waiting for another one and a half months. But like some people here, I am going through a torture .

Offline RapidRod

Re: Symptoms after receiving masturbation and anal fingering
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:43:39 am »
You were never at risk in the situation you provided. Fingering and masturbation is NOT a risk of contracting HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 07:41:48 am »
I'll also flatly say that for your doctor to consider there might have been a risk of HIV transmission during this incident as you've described it, reveals an appalling lack of HIV knowledge on his part. Nothing the massuer/masturbator did put you at risk for transmission.

If you haven't already read our lesson on Transmission, you need to do that. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

You are worrying needlessly. Whatever is going on with you symptomatically is not HIV.

And you do not need to test at 3 months or 6 months or at all. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline WAITING

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 09:55:24 pm »
Thanks for the replies. They do put me at ease.

Well, it may be HCV. I did not take the test for Hepatitis last time. As for HBV, I am not worried as I got vaccination for Hepatitis B about two years ago. I am going to browse the net for the details of Hepatitis in a while.

I did read the lesson on Transmission as well as some other sites before posting this topic. It made me being technical. Here is my checklist:

a. Is there any opening ? Yes. One, at the tip of penis as the masseur continuously rubbed the thin mu cos membrane which has consequently
       caused lesions. Two, inside the anus when the masseur made harsh insertion that might cause abrasion.
   b. Is there any bodily fluid ? I think it is a yes given these assumptions: One, there was blood stuck under her nails unnoticeable. Two, like the
       case of transmission through syringe, the blood under her nails was not exposed to air making it remain potentially infectious.
   c. Is there any contact ? Yes. One, repeatedly rubbing the tip of the penis. Two, inserting her finger into my anus.

I am not prepared to face either Hepatitis C or Hiv. But there is a little thought on mind after browsing this site and I would like to share it in this forum. As you all know, some people are born rich and some are born poor. Some are born in the USA and some are born in Africa. Some live very long life and some do not. Some got leukemia and some do not. It is fate. It is how we take it and make life fruitfull given these limitations. This is what I begin to see while browsing this site. People who have been infected with Hiv accept the fate and continue living. Congratulations, I wish you all happy and wonderful life ! 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:08:33 pm »
The likelihood of a person contracting HIV has nothing to do with fate.

MtD

Offline WAITING

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 01:23:25 am »
Hi again,

I just read some of the topics posted on I Just Tested Poz. Few people were wondering how they got Hiv even without engaging high risk situations. I refer back to my checklist and there is a likelihood of contracting Hiv. Moreover, the symptoms they experienced during seroconversion are very much similar to mine. In addition to the symptoms I describe earlier, I was having bone ache and severe lost of energy too. The symptoms are subsiding now.

Although it is highly unlikely or very low risk, there is still a risk and people do win lotteries.  :-\

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 02:33:06 am »
Just because things have been posted in a poz-only forum doesn't make them true. Moreover it is considered poor form for people to drag things they have read in our poz only forums back here to AMI. It's known as "trawling" and you shouldn't do it.

Nothing in IJTP bears any relevance to your case. Fingering and masturbation are not risks for the transmission of HIV infection and you are not HIV positive. You do not need to test.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 04:19:05 am »
Waiting,

Being massaged, masturbated and anally fingered are also not risks for hep C infection. However, this is not a hep C website so don't bother going on about hep C here.

By the sounds of it, the ONLY thing you're at risk for is wasting time chasing illnesses you could not have become infected with during a happy-ending massage.

Make sure you read the Welcome Thread and along with reading the Transmission Lesson linked to there, pay close attention to the posting guidelines. You won't be allowed to use this forum to chase illnesses you could not have been infected with during your massage.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WAITING

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 08:09:58 pm »
Hi Ann, Matty, Andy, Rapid and others,

Additional symptoms: back ache, diarrhea last two days and feel like breathing in thin air since last week. Somehow all these symptoms make me almost sure that I have Hiv. I feel different. As far as I can remember, I have never experienced these symptoms in my life before.

What is your opinion on this :

b. Is there any bodily fluid ? I think it is a yes given these assumptions: One, there was blood stuck under her nails unnoticeable. Two, like the
       case of transmission through syringe, the blood under her nails was not exposed to air making it remain potentially infectious.

Thank you.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 08:12:48 pm »
Yeah well as Andy Velez has said a million times in the past, "feelings aren't facts" and the facts in this situation are that you were not exposed to HIV so you don't need to test.

No matter how you try to ask the question, our answers to you will not change. I encourage you to consider what Ann told you in her last reply:

You won't be allowed to use this forum to chase illnesses you could not have been infected with during your massage.

Ya dig?

MtD

Offline WAITING

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 08:24:36 pm »
Thanks, matty. I do hope it is just another virus and I was not exposed to Hiv at all like you said.

But all these symptoms trigger my analytical mind.  :-\

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 04:03:45 am »
Waiting,

Your symptoms should trigger a trip to the doctor. We cannot diagnose you here but we CAN tell you that you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection during your massage.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WAITING

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 09:29:14 pm »
Hi everybody,

I went to see doctor yesterday to check out for the symptoms. She gave me cream for the unusual acne I have.

The doctor also said testing at 3rd month is not 100% conclusive and suggested testing at 6th month.

I am still having headache. It is like pain at the skull.
I am still having breathing abnormality. It is like breathing in thin air.
She said the are many kinds of viruses.

I am going insane.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:40:26 pm »
 Your doctor doesn't know anything about HIV testing. 3 months is conclusive and has been since 2004. You didn't  have a risk and you didn't need testing. Go read the "Welcome" thread about posting on this forum.

Offline WAITING

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 10:02:33 pm »
Thanks Rapid.

Do you know what window periods for all STDs are ? I plan to test for all.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 10:06:49 pm »
You don't need STD testing either. You did not have a risk.

Offline WAITING

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 09:59:48 pm »
Hello MtD,

I read your comment below:

You misunderstand the biology at work here. HIV doesn't "piggy-back" onto to other pathogens like bacteria. It's transmitted in very particular ways. Those ways include unprotected anal and vaginal sex and sharing contaminated needles and syringes.

Just to ask you the difference between contaminated needles and contaminated nails. Both are exposed to air. Why needles could cause infections while nails could not ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:10:50 pm by WAITING »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 10:12:08 pm »
/posted in error/

MtD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:20:36 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline WAITING

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 10:17:52 pm »
MtD,

I think you got me wrong. I am asking a question not answering a question. I also think this is my previous thread unless there is something wrong with my internet settings.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:21:10 pm by WAITING »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 10:20:14 pm »
Oh crap.

I came over all confused for a moment and thought you were posting in somebody else's thread.

Please accept my sincere apologies. :)

MtD

Offline WAITING

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 10:23:37 pm »

No problem at all, MtD.

Offline WAITING

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 10:29:59 pm »

So, again this is the question:

Just to ask you the difference between contaminated needles and contaminated nails. Both are exposed to air. Why needles could cause infections while nails could not ?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 10:59:03 pm »
When people are sharing contaminated injecting equipment, they usually do so in a very short time-frame. Additionally the hollow bore of the needle provides an environment where the virus can remain viable for a longer time than on somebody's nails. The bore of a needle is not necessarily exposed to air if contains blood.

In any event you're over-thinking this. If you had a risk, we would have told you.

MtD

Offline WAITING

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 11:20:31 pm »

Thanks. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.