Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:25:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 199
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tardy For The Party  (Read 22981 times)

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
Tardy For The Party
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:57:59 pm »
Is it just me or did I miss the announcement that "Living With" is now Booty Call Central - or am I just reading too much into things :o 

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=41303.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=41719.0
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Tardy For The Party
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:01:29 pm »
I know.  How tacky. That contagion person rubs me the weird way.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:02:23 pm »
I was just pondering running a poll about poppers myself, to see if anyone in Filthy wanted to come over and pass multi-class strains back and forth (or better yet, find a youthful seeding victim) while simultaneously having a meth cook off.

I know.  How tacky. That contagion person rubs me the weird way.

Werd, Miss Girl. That screen name is one step away from Cookie Monster.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:05:18 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline contagion

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:00:57 pm »
You know there are people who might be new to "Living with HIV" and there might be people "Living with HIV" for quite some time but still adjusting to it. Maybe these people are looking to talk to someone and trying to find out avenues to do just that without being wholly out about their status.

But yeah - isn't it always about the sex?  :-\ What a warm welcome bitches!
I have a t-shirt with my t-cells on it.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 11:11:49 pm »
You know there are people who might be new to "Living with HIV" and there might be people "Living with HIV" for quite some time but still adjusting to it. Maybe these people are looking to talk to someone and trying to find out avenues to do just that without being wholly out about their status.

That's exactly one of the points of these forums; to provide support and discuss "living with HIV" with others while maintaining anonymity (for some).  You wouldn't give a simple introduction in an anonymous forum, yet are inviting folks over to "discuss" it in person?

If that makes me a bitch, I'll gladly wear that tiara with pride. :o

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:12:36 pm »

o hai! Well, you know, just ignore Rev. Moon. A nastier, bitter pozzie there never was. She's part Columbian and I figure has a cocaine IV drip on.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:33:36 pm »
That's exactly one of the points of these forums; to provide support and discuss "living with HIV" with others while maintaining anonymity (for some).  You wouldn't give a simple introduction in an anonymous forum, yet are inviting folks over to "discuss" it in person?

Wolfie

I'm sorry, but if it wasn't just about sex then this nor the posting of age and/or stats on the thread would've have been necessary.  What does it matter what someone looks like if you're seeking someone poz to bond with, unless you're looking for horizontal activity?  I can excuse the fact one might be looking for someone in the same age bracket because they feel that they can relate more (on certain levels) if they both had a specific amount of life experience.

I'm not yet ready for an introductory post...I will get to it someday though.

PS - I'm looking for friends/dates in NY as well. Feel free to message me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:35:10 pm by Solo_LTSurvivor »

Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 11:35:55 pm »
If you expect me to send you solicitous PMs regarding prospective dates I need to at least know if you're as hung as Kevin Lee.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 11:42:33 pm »
Don't forget that this is a

ZONE

Past regimens

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 11:43:21 pm »

Honey bee,  I just found it odd that you'd be soliciting dates (if your intention was otherwise you did not make it very clear) while virtually dissing Ann when she asked you to just give a bit of an intro about yourself.  It's simple etiquette if ya know what I mean. 

That's all.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 05:44:48 am »
Is it just me or did I miss the announcement that "Living With" is now Booty Call Central - or am I just reading too much into things :o 

Sweetie, I sent you the memo. You musta used it to blow your nose on.

Now. Who wants a shag?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 12:12:15 pm »

If that makes me a bitch, I'll gladly wear that tiara with pride. :o

Wolfie

Ya know every-time I tried to be a bitch, I was always too big of a guy & way to clumsy to pull it off...

it was laughable to most & no-body believed  me @ all, most gay men thought I was making fun of them...

but little did they know I truly was just as QUEER as them.....

and I love you all in this forum,

Thanks for being true to yourselves ( those of you who actually are) you know who you are  :-* THIS has really help this old man out a lot  ;)  please continue to be the gurls your are, cause child, there's nothing wrong with any of it..........I'm really feeling the cabal & love I have for all of you  ;)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:24:49 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 06:44:31 pm »
Sweetie, I sent you the memo. You musta used it to blow your nose on.

Actually I used it to dry off your strap-on after rinsing away the lube so it would be ready for the next person on line (in the queue, that is)  ;)

Past regimens

Offline contagion

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 12:32:58 am »
I'm sorry, but if it wasn't just about sex then this nor the posting of age and/or stats on the thread would've have been necessary.  What does it matter what someone looks like if you're seeking someone poz to bond with, unless you're looking for horizontal activity?  I can excuse the fact one might be looking for someone in the same age bracket because they feel that they can relate more (on certain levels) if they both had a specific amount of life experience.

Jeez I didn't realize my posts would be quoted and put together like that to cause distress. This is exactly why I didn't want an introduction coz I didn't want a permanent record of it on the internet.

It says right there on the top - We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

And that is why I said - I will get to an introduction when I'm mentally ready for it. If you didn't know - an introduction does give out a lot about yourself and there are reasons I don't wish to disclose in a public thread. And just because I asked people from NYC to PM me doesn't mean I'm going to meet them that evening and have sex with them. But I would obviously feel more comfortable exchanging private messages and try to get to know the person better, before a who, where, what introduction or meeting them.

To pick on one person and his posts is sickening. And this is not what I expected from people who are supposed to understand what you're going through.

Ann - I've been visiting the Research section of this forum for years. I just thought I would try making a post now. But after seeing the animosity shown here - I think I should have stuck to just browsing. I again appreciate your welcome and please don't think I was dissing you in any way. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:37:31 am by contagion »

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 02:47:13 am »
And that is why I said - I will get to an introduction when I'm mentally ready for it. If you didn't know - an introduction does give out a lot about yourself and there are reasons I don't wish to disclose in a public thread. And just because I asked people from NYC to PM me doesn't mean I'm going to meet them that evening and have sex with them. But I would obviously feel more comfortable exchanging private messages and try to get to know the person better, before a who, where, what introduction or meeting them.

To pick on one person and his posts is sickening. And this is not what I expected from people who are supposed to understand what you're going through.

I figured I should respond to this before I lose too much sleep   ::)

As was originally quoted in reply #6, you said that you were looking for friends/dates in NY as well.  Feel free to message me.  Since it isn't common practice for these forums to be used as a cruising ground, I just found it odd therefore I commented.  I'm also sure others here probably thought the same thing.

Jeez I didn't realize my posts would be quoted and put together like that to cause distress. This is exactly why I didn't want an introduction coz I didn't want a permanent record of it on the internet. It says right there on the top - We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

Regarding the introduction:  no one can force you to do anything you're uncomfortable with doing and there is not some unwritten law that you must spill your guts about yourself, but for many people, it helps them to develop some sort of sense of who a person is when they post.  Besides, it's not like whatever you post is going to be so specific that someone will be able to just walk up to you and identify you on the spot based upon what you've written in any of your posts.   The only way that will happen is if you decide to post an avatar which is an actual picture of yourself.

At any rate, it is totally acceptable for you to pursue meetings/hookups or whatever the fuck you categorize them as, but maybe the next time you will utilize this private method of communication you so embrace so that no one else will get the wrong impression of you.  You did say that you didn't want to disclose personal information in a public thread, but yet you had no problem soliciting  ???

And yeah, I don't care if you think I'm a bitch or sickening: I've got better things to worry about than what someone thinks about me on a forum.

Past regimens

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 06:47:12 am »
Actually I used it to dry off your strap-on after rinsing away the lube so it would be ready for the next person on line (in the queue, that is)  ;)

How thoughtful - thank you! :)

Ann - I've been visiting the Research section of this forum for years. I just thought I would try making a post now. But after seeing the animosity shown here - I think I should have stuck to just browsing. I again appreciate your welcome and please don't think I was dissing you in any way. Thanks.

Con, the reason you're feeling animosity is because we don't even know if you're hiv positive. From time to time, we get people who are hiv negative posting in the sub-forums meant for positive people only and it can cause problems. For all we know from what you've posted thus far, you could be a negative bug chaser. I doubt you are, but there's that possibility because again, we don't even know if you're poz or not.

Could you at least tell us how long you've been poz and whether or not you're on meds? If you're on meds, have you had any side-effect problems? If you're not on meds, what are you numbers like? Surely that type of information isn't going to compromise you in any way. We're not asking you to tell us where you live or what your mother's maiden name is, we're just interested in what brings you to these forums.

And you know what? We're interested because we care, not because we want to use information against you. This is actually a pretty good group of caring people - if you get to know us and let us get to know you a bit too. It's a two way street.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline contagion

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 10:18:48 pm »
@Solo_LTSurvivor For some reason what I sense from your posts in that you've some sort of aversion against sex or have given up on sex long back. And you can't stand people who you think are doing it. I could be wrong, but that is what I sense of you as a person.

@Ann Yes, I'm +ve for I suppose 4 years now. I'm not on meds but on alternative therapy which is keeping my counts above 550. I might be going on meds once my insurance kicks in but darn worried about side effects and my organs!

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 10:24:05 pm »
@Solo_LTSurvivor For some reason what I sense from your posts in that you've some sort of aversion against sex or have given up on sex long back. And you can't stand people who you think are doing it. I could be wrong, but that is what I sense of you as a person.

Oh please.  Don't flatter yourself.  If you aren't intelligent enough to realize that these forums were never intended to be hookup central, I don't know what to say.  All I did was call you out on using this particular forum after I made an observation that it seemed you were looking for dates and you took offense.

Don't get it twisted.

Past regimens

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 10:44:23 pm »

That was fierce.

@Ann Yes, I'm +ve for I suppose 4 years now. I'm not on meds but on alternative therapy which is keeping my counts above 550. I might be going on meds once my insurance kicks in but darn worried about side effects and my organs!

Awesome -- but what exactly is "alternative therapy"?

Offline contagion

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 11:10:18 pm »
@Miss Philicia It's Ayurveda - the 2000 year old science lol. And it's not from quacks who promise a cure rather from HIV doctors who know its powers and limitations. I didn't quite buy the idea until  it pushed my viral loads down. Hey as long as it keeps the t-cells high - I like my kidney, thank you very much  ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:12:48 pm by contagion »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 11:25:24 pm »
@Miss Philicia It's Ayurveda - the 2000 year old science lol. And it's not from quacks who promise a cure rather from HIV doctors who know its powers and limitations. I didn't quite buy the idea until  it pushed my viral loads down. Hey as long as it keeps the t-cells high - I like my kidney, thank you very much  ;D

Ah, good ole Vedic period medicine from the subcontinent! I wonder if we should summon our resident Sushruta spacebarsux, seeker of healing and knowledge.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 12:36:13 am »

Ah, good ole Vedic period medicine from the subcontinent! I wonder if we should summon our resident Sushruta spacebarsux, seeker of healing and knowledge.

I think you'd get along famously with my mother. -----> http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40671.msg505954#msg505954

2000 year old vedic science !  ::) Here in India, they (i.e. Ayurvedic medicine followers and that ilk) also believe drinking cow urine cures one of all illnesses (and sins). (Added tip- it must be spiked with a dash of water from the Ganges for extra potency)- this belief has been around for over 5000 years! It all sounds just fabulous for my CD4 counts, doesn't it?

Anyway, if you're determined on venturing down this path then please make sure that whatever has gone into your mixtures/ pastes/ powders does not contain any harmful chemicals or metals. Ayurvedic practitioners are notorious for adding all sorts raw 'elements' into their stuff (such as zinc, lead etc).

I dunno, I am quite sceptical if at all there is a discernible benefit from of all this.....also keep in mind that several people go without meds for quite a few years without any of these supplements. I've been poz and treatment naive with a cd4 >500 for about 6 years now. So have quite a lot of people on these boards.

Contagion:- If I may ask, what Ayurvedic mixtures are you taking exactly?

PS- Also, if you wanna explore alternative Eastern therapies, then do give Yoga, meditation a go.  That's beneficial for your overall health and doesn't require ingesting suspicious pastes and potions.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:53:30 am by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 01:12:12 am »
Oh please.  Don't flatter yourself.  If you aren't intelligent enough to realize that these forums were never intended to be hookup central, I don't know what to say.  All I did was call you out on using this particular forum after I made an observation that it seemed you were looking for dates and you took offense.

Don't get it twisted.

I was gonna comment, but I'm not 18 - 30, nor in NYC. :o

Wolfie

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 04:54:43 am »

Take all the Ayurvedic concoctions you like. Making your own health care decisions is your inalienable right, something we affirm.

But you must also take responsibility for your choices.

As far as I can see you've blundered into a logical fallacy, namely that correlation does not equal causation.

Just because you're taking Ayurvedic medicine and your t-cell count remains high does not mean the Ayruvedic medicine is what is keeping your t-cell count high.

In fact it almost certainly has no effect on your CD4 count.

But you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Keep us posted on your progress.

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 08:36:32 am »

I thought this was THE place I could find accurate information about the THC levels in medical marijuana.... 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 09:11:09 am »

I thought this was THE place I could find accurate information about the THC levels in medical marijuana....

I thought you could determine the THC levels in anything by giving it the merest sniff.

MtD

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 09:34:32 am »

Hi Contagion:

We like our kidneys, too, and we like our hearts. I've not met an HIV doc worth his/her salt who stays abreast of HIV meds and current research and also advises use of Ayurvedic medicine. So, because this is an extra special doc, who may have published something we can all read, would you kindly share the name of the doc(s) treating you?

Doing that won't out you plus it could give them an increase in new consults. I am quite curious about this combination of doctoring and would truly like to see something they've written on the topic. Most people doing powerful things in HIV like to share so it helps everyone -- the patients and their medical colleagues.

Thank you very much.
Em

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 09:45:38 am »
I thought you could determine the THC levels in anything by giving it the merest sniff.

MtD

Sadly, my skills are diminishing.  Would settle for a gram of shake at this point.  I suppose the abstinence is for the best though... for others.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 01:37:30 pm »
I was just pondering running a poll about poppers myself, to see if anyone in Filthy wanted to come over and pass multi-class strains back and forth (or better yet, find a youthful seeding victim) while simultaneously having a meth cook off.

You could make a whole weekend of it!
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 06:49:59 pm »
I was just pondering running a poll about poppers myself, while simultaneously having a meth cook off.

You must truly be behind the times, Shug.  I hear they've moved on to the shake n bake method these days  ;)

Past regimens

Offline AdonisSMU

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 09:04:21 pm »
I don't understand why it's such a big deal to some people if someone wants to bond with someone from this forum either sexually or otherwise. There are better and more important things to fret over.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 09:07:11 pm »
I don't understand why it's such a big deal to some people if someone wants to bond with someone from this forum either sexually or otherwise. There are better and more important things to fret over.

No one is "fretting over" that.   Sexual hookups on AIDSmeds has never been part of our tradition.  There's Adam4adam, mancunt, grndr and many other places for that. 

That's all.

Offline AdonisSMU

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 09:32:43 pm »
No one is "fretting over" that.   Sexual hookups on AIDSmeds has never been part of our tradition.  There's Adam4adam, mancunt, grndr and many other places for that. 

That's all.
and any place and any time you meet someone...

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 09:39:24 pm »

Because if each of us began a "hook up with me for sex" thread the board would not be usable. It's the same reason it's rather bad form to pick up guys at real life support groups. If you're going to do it, you do it after the meeting, not during.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 10:52:48 pm »
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=41768.new#new
Go Up and check this out... Is this the "welcome" video?

Here is another couple - Look at the thread (not the video)
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=33195.0;nowap
Wait a minute....is that one of the couple is the most popular "I love porn" thread creator?

Since (who in his whole life has gone to dates 4/5 times only and he is in his mid thirties)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:14:25 am by Since2005 »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 02:58:58 am »

One of the reasons is because when relationship drama plays out on the forums - and it always does - it's uglier than trolling. Fuck, it IS trolling. And people who need advice and support shouldn't have to sift through that bullshit to find it.

Want to have sex with someone here? PM them. But know that when things get ugly, they will get published. In a searchable forum. And more often than not, one or both members ends up leaving for good. To their detriment, I might add.

It's a big deal because this is everyone's sandbox. Defecating in it is in the worst possible taste.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline contagion

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 12:46:06 pm »
@spacebarsux It contains several herbs and it's taken 3 times a day, I can PM you the exact list if you'd like.

@Matty I can't say if they work or not - I believe they do because they caused my VL to drop.

@Em The doctor isn't from the US. He usually prescribes this to newly diagnosed patients who can hopefully delay western medication by a year or two. He doesn't prescribe the two together. I guess many Asian countries and China look at alternative treatment options for HIV. Let's not be quick to judge them as "right" or "wrong". It's just what works for you and what doesn't.

I don't want to start a new topic for this - but can anyone recommend a good HIV doc or hospital in New York? You can PM me - I promise I won't ask you for sex.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 01:19:45 pm »
"@Em The doctor isn't from the US. He usually prescribes this to newly diagnosed patients who can hopefully delay western medication by a year or two. He doesn't prescribe the two together. I guess many Asian countries and China look at alternative treatment options for HIV. Let's not be quick to judge them as "right" or "wrong". It's just what works for you and what doesn't."

Hi Contagion:

You read judgment into what I wrote and I did not use the words you put quote marks around. Please reread--I spoke of my experience of HIV docs and asked for, if available, published data your doc has written and/or references. I'm curious -- if you're onto something, and it's credible, lots of people would like to know.

Can you include the three-herb list in your thread?

Thank you.
Em

Offline contagion

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 06:17:31 pm »
Oh @Em I wasn't reading any judgement in your post. I was referring to the general attitude towards alternative therapy. Though I can see where it comes from because there is a propensity for that field to have a lot of quacks! You can read some clinical trial data on it here http://herbtab.in/ And as for if I'm on to something, I don't know. I've been doing good for 4 years, probably on the meds for 3. Fingers crossed!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2012, 06:23:27 pm »
50 patients from a year ago, with paperwork in India. Impressive contagion, impressive.

So what's your cd4 count and viral load, and how long have you been infected and how long have you been shoving this stuff into your body?

Offline contagion

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 06:35:10 pm »
Lol Miss P.. I've been shoving this stuff for 3 years out of the 4 years I've been poz. And my last cd4 was 550 and my VL 21k.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 06:41:37 pm »
Lol Miss P.. I've been shoving this stuff for 3 years out of the 4 years I've been poz. And my last cd4 was 550 and my VL 21k.

So ok, I don't get it. What's it actually doing to your body? How are you measuring it's success or failure?

Offline contagion

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »
They contain natural immune simulators and modulators which helps fight the virus. You measure it's success the same way you do for western medicine - Get your counts every 3 months.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 07:05:36 pm »
Oh, wow!  Has this thread devolved into another coconut oil / noni juice type thread while I wasn't looking?

If so, I am indeed tardy for the party!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2012, 07:08:41 pm »
Oh, wow!  Has this thread devolved into another coconut oil / noni juice type thread while I wasn't looking?

More like snake oil, nothing beats AVRs  ::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2012, 07:09:09 pm »

My favorite one has always been the "Trampolins help fight HIV and improve CD4 levels".  It was a while ago.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2012, 07:11:30 pm »
Where is risred when you need him?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 07:19:55 pm »
Where is risred when you need him?

right here honey or if you dig reaaaaaaaaaaaallly deep you can see him here.

Offline contagion

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 07:31:09 pm »
Sarcasm, criticism and now... mockery..

Offline wolfter

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2012, 07:38:02 pm »
Sarcasm, criticism and now... mockery..

I suddenly appreciate you.    ;D 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.