Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 332
Total: 334

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Poll

Late Seroconversion Positive result

Yes You can have late  positive results
1 (100%)
No not at all if you tested Neg at 9 months
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: I am HIV negative but doubting the results a year later  (Read 75758 times)

Offline GreatLooser777

Re: is it possible !!!!
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2006, 06:26:20 am »
are you talking recently or before ? I am repeating myself soo much right now ..i tested conclusivly negative from my perivious partner(I hope) my new partner I dont know

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2006, 06:33:57 am »
Loser,

You    need    to    test    twelve    to    thirteen    weeks    after    the    last    time    you     fucked    your    new    (ex)    partner    withOUT    a    condom.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2006, 06:34:42 am »
So my last ex partner is out of the picture FOR GOOD ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2006, 06:43:14 am »
Just go test 13 weeks after your last unprotected sex with your New boyfriend. Take him with you to get tested also.

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2006, 06:50:19 am »
can I go with him on monday ....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2006, 06:54:11 am »
When was the last time you fucked him without a condom?

Not blowjob, not fingering, not looking at him - fucking him without a condom. Only. That's what you need to test over.

So my last ex partner is out of the picture FOR GOOD ?

YES for the love of pete, you are conclusively negative for the other guy.

Ann
(whose finger is on the TO button)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2006, 07:09:13 am »
First time I had unproteced sex was with my ex in september of 2005
I didnt get tested at the time.I met my new partner in December of 05 that same year
I had sex with him on and off for a fo few months Untill i freaked out and got tested for STD's and HIV in may 06 and came back negative  as my status. We has sex on and off for a few months so i cant pin point the last time we had it unprotected ....but i remember last time being involved with him july10th 05

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2006, 07:17:00 am »
Loser,

As I told you yesterday, if the last unprotected incident with him was July 10, you can test next week for a six week result. This will be a very good indication of your status as a six week negative rarely changes.

Ann
(who is done here for sure...)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2006, 07:34:19 am »
thanks for the info ...so i can totally forget bout perivious ex FOR SURE ?
get tested on monday and see where my new status is .....

MUCHO HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL

I really appologize for all this BS  these past few days ....but it was kinda legit
since i busted with my now new ex I jsut dont  want to fear giving him anything cause of my stupid ass
I told him nothing bout my ex and that was  the problem but since you guys say iamclear then I will trust you guys on that and leave it at that for now...
THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME YOU GUYZ ARE GR8 (sorry for the Im jargon)
Thanks for easing my mind SOMEWHAT as long as i was HIV negative going into this new relationship i dont have anything to worry bout

but for clarity tell me once more that I was ok  from previous Ex ....I need to be reassured on that one

FOR THE LAsT TIME I PROMISE YOU
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 08:12:36 am by GreatLooser777 »

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2006, 08:21:03 am »
thanks for the info ...so i can totally forget bout perivious ex FOR SURE ?
get tested on monday and see where my new status is .....

MUCHO HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL

I really appologize for all this BS  these past few days ....but it was kinda legit
since i busted with my now new ex I jsut dont  want to fear giving him anything cause of my stupid ass
I told him nothing bout my ex and that was  the problem but since you guys say iamclear then I will trust you guys on that and leave it at that for now...
THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME YOU GUYZ ARE GR8 (sorry for the Im jargon)
Thanks for easing my mind SOMEWHAT as long as i was HIV negative going into this new relationship i dont have anything to worry bout

but for clarity tell me once more that I was ok  from previous Ex ....I need to be reassured on that one

FOR THE LAsT TIME I PROMISE YOU 

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2006, 09:16:19 am »
if anyone wants you can e-mail me at EternalSoulflame777@yahoo.com for more details...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2006, 09:40:33 am »
Loser,

I'm giving you a short time out until Tuesday, when you can log on and tell us your test results. We've told you everything we can and if you want reassurance, you can re-read the 161 posts in your thread. You will be able to read the forum but not log on or post.

Do NOT create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.
Ann
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 09:42:53 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2006, 01:58:52 pm »
I am HIV negative ....

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2006, 02:01:09 pm »
:) Protect that gift. Please. You are WAY too important to the world not to be around for a long, long time.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2006, 02:09:16 pm »
I know thanks everyone for putting up with me ....XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX to everyone
I dont know anymore ...I  had a rough few weeks ....Doesnt help much that my ex wants NOTHING to do with me at all now ....I am trying to move on ut everywhere I go i see him there with me ....its like someone is playing a cruel joke on me ....and now he is getting back together with his ex and what i recently found out is that he NEVER wanted a g/f in the first place to begin with but now i dont know what his deal is ...Oh well I guess its time for me to move on no matter how hard it might be

Offline GreatLooser777

I am HIV negative but doubting the results a year later
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2007, 10:07:56 pm »
Ever since my last HIV negative result of last year I have stopped going to the boards .But for some odd reason latley I have been doubting my results I know I shouldnt But right now I am involved with someone who I really love honestly and I dont want to hurt him .I have no idea why  I still doubt the results I spoke about this with my mother and she said that I cant doubt science and medeciine because the doctors would never lie to you But it still doesnt clear my head .I have a question also I wanted to know what is the accurate time frame for getting tested Three months after unprotected Sex or Six .I had a few HIV  scares before but that information is a bit  odd to me and I am trying to verify it .
What should I do about me doubting my test results ? Should I get tested again ? and forget about it for good  ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: I am HIV negative but doubting the results a year later
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2007, 10:21:56 pm »
As long as you tested HIV negative at 13 weeks or more after a possibly risky incident then you are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

There's no need to re-test. What should you do? This is not really about HIV. It's about thoughts and feelings and HIV fears are being (mis)used as the object of your attention. If you can't let go of this unwarranted fear then I would say see a therapist or other like professional to get some help in sorting out your feelings about this. More testing will not address that.

And of course, if you have intercourse with anyone, make sure that the guy is always, ALWAYS wearing a condom. No exceptions.

This is NOT an HIV situation. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2007, 05:37:31 am »
Looser,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2007, 10:40:52 pm »
emeber me ? thank you for being patient with me all those months ago when I was paniking about my HIV status .Well unfortunetly that uneast feeling has returned . I dont know why but I feel as if something is wrong with me and I am actually HIV +.Latley I have people including my parents tell me I have lost weight eventhough I eat like a pig and dont exercise one bit and yesterday I felt really exausted but I guess that is a result of wisdom teeth growing in .I am sure as you are aware of or dont know I broke up with my last current ex boyfriend of last year in august and I am in a current relationship with my boyfriend of nine months whom I love dearly ,.We always used condoms early on in our relationship and I told him honestly i was HIV - and had the papers to back up my statement and was willing to show to him just in case he had doubts to which he said he didnt need to see them ,which infuriated me because you cannot go just by trust in a relationship.But I dont know what is wrong with me , I keep exposing myself to the virus ,as my now current boyfriend is not tested as i trust him deeply that he is not HIV + or has an comunicable diseases ,I know you cannot go by trust alone but I dont know why I do .I always have educated myself on the topics of STD's and HIV/AIDS and made it a priority of practing safety ,and safe sex but i have been very lax and now iam not so sure what to do , i have had unprotected intercourse with my boyfriend many times , as I told him I was conclusivly HIV - now all the feelings of those many months ago have risen to the surface again , how do i explain to my current boyfriend the situation and get him to test , I am jsut looking for advice this time , I am sorry to bother you in any manner as i know you are extremly busy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2007, 06:42:26 am »
GL,

My advice is that you get yourself into counseling to discover why you keep putting yourself at risk for hiv infection. You know the score - you need to be using condoms every time until you are securely monogamous and have tested together.

We can only tell you how to protect yourself. We cannot force you to do it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »
is a six week HIV aniti-body test reliable ? can oyu go by your results oyu get after 6 weeks ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2007, 09:58:20 pm »
Go seek help from a mental health professional. You are way beyound the help that anyone here can give.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2007, 11:46:32 pm »
1. You've had unprotected sex so you need to get tested at 13 weeks for a conclusive answer.

2. You clearly know better about having unprotected sex but you still persist for whatever your personal reasons in stirring up problems for yourself.

3. Hopefully you are going to test negative. A negative at 6 weeks is a good thing but it is not conclusive. A very small number take longer to seroconvert. So you still need to re-test at 13 weeks.

4. Stop apologizing. It doesn't ring true. We're not here to handhold you through everytime you act impulsively and have unprotected intercourse.

5. As you were told before, it's time for you to see a therapist or other mental health professional to find out why you're acting in ways that put your life at risk. We can't resolve that kind of issue for you here.

6. Good luck with your test. You should be using condoms everytime you have intercourse no matter whom you are with until you are in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners have tested negative together at a reliable testing point.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2007, 05:18:05 am »
looser,

I deleted a reply you posted in the LTS forum. As someone who is not hiv positive, the ONLY forums you may post in are the Off Topic forum and this forum. This information is contained in the Welcome Thread and you've been here long enough to know this.

Consider yourself sternly warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2007, 05:02:05 pm »
ey i know its been ahwile ...iam kinda worried right now its not about me again ...just my father is sick ..he has bad chills and diareah and he lost his appetite a bit  it just started today ....I know that a few weeks ago he had major  dentstry done on his tooth and it had gotten infected  so he had ot take anitbiotics  but his tooth infeciton cleared up but iam not sure if this is of the antibiotics or something else ....I know i shouldnt be freaking out but he is very over dramatic with being sick which unfortunetly i got from him ..but besides the point I dunno what to do ....its making me freak our now because after many HIV scares I have came out HIV negative but for some reason still I fell like i might be infected ..now how does this relate you ask ...I use my fathers electric shaver sometimes to shave my legs i knwo it sounds gross but sometimes it prevents me from getting nicked so i liek using it cause i have boney knees and get cut sometimes ...now i fear i might have transmitted something to my father ....arggggggggggg...I know iam not HIV pos but still iam freaking out  regardless...I know my post doesnt make any sense ...but please bear with me

he recently came back from Poland ...so that might have something to do with it as well ...he was there for three weeks  so he might have gotten travelrs sickness ...But iam sure my freakout is nothing .. its just that  my father makes things so animated that i just start worrying  very much ....so what should I do ... and what do you thik is causing this ....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2007, 05:12:02 pm »
Loser,

You don't have hiv. How could you possibly have given it to your father?

And even if you WERE hiv positive, the only way you'd give it to your father is if you'd been having unprotected anal sex with him.

You ARE hiv negative. It's high time you sought out a therapist so you can learn how to deal with your hiv phobia. We cannot help you with that here.

If I have to give you another time out to encourage you to seek help, it will be for two months as it will be your second.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.