Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:01:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772951
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 467
Total: 469

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My friends just don't get it  (Read 5341 times)

Offline bluelove

My friends just don't get it
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:09:50 am »
My friends bless their hearts are wonderful people.Yes they are all non pozzies.As you know all of them are now in couplehood and they worry about me being alone.I can understand that,they want me to have someone.

Well last night they tried to set me with someone.Their was get together at a friends place.Well their was nice very cute man there.You can guess why.

We talked he was nice asked for my number before he left. After he left l lost my temper I asked them what do you think you are doing?

Well it is your to young to be alone,your good looking,nice etc to be alone.

I told them never ever do it again,l cannot go through the "talk" and have we can be friends speech again.

They think l am making a big deal out of nothing,but i don't think l am. Am l?

Please understand they are not bad people hearts in the right place but how do l get them to get it?

Or is that not possable?

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: My friends just don't get it
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 11:53:41 am »
It's nice to make new friends. Everyone's interconnected like a network (6 degrees of separation theory) ... Maybe he knows a single poz cousin of his friend's co-worker (LOL, just an example)

You'll be fine sweety. Really. I just know it  :-*  :-*

Just call me a ray of sunshine this morning! LOL!!!  :D

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 12:11:28 pm »
I think its wonderful your friends care about you in that way.. But, its alot better for you to pick and choose when you want to interact on that level...  I would have reacted the same.... Bluck!   

Cuttie...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:32:38 pm by Eric »

Offline PDXRon31

• PML Survivors & Supporters
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 12:29:59 pm »
It's the same thing I have seen over the years. Since I'm gay and my friends know this other gay guy, we'd make the perfect couple!!! NOT! Go easy, set a boundary. It sounds like their hearts are in the right place. If you set a boundary and it continues, then yes, I'd say they are being meddlesome. Until then, enjoy the love of your friends! Many others would probably love to have what you do.

XOXOXO,

-Ron
Diagnosed with HIV in 2000
Diagnosed with PML in 2005
Diagnosed with Fabulosity at birth

Current treatments: Sustiva, Combivir, K-PAX supplements, and Myelin Sheath Support.
Last labs: September 2006
CD4 507 VL Undetectable

Offline bluelove

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 01:39:18 pm »
I know l am lucky that they care so much.Yes l am aware their is a lot of people out there that have no support at all and l am blessed.

I have just told them look you all want to set me with someone let him know l am poz ahead of time.

Saves me the worry and the other person the time getting to know me. It may sound harsh but it is easier to have someone say no than have us met.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Offline water duck

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 04:39:41 pm »
If you take a step back and re-read your own post, you will realize that the issues and problems are to be found within yourself !! You expect your friends to tell the person before hand of your status ??
NO ONE can help you feel 'clean and desirable ' because you are poz except you YOURSELF !!

The only beast that is running around in the world is to be found in the hearts of men, that is where the battle should be done !!  Gandi

One day , i reply to one of your thread by saying i will burn an incense  for you, i will do again like wise for you tonight !!

Siang

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 04:50:25 pm »
Hello Bluelove, it sounds like your friends care about you alot! This is a blessing and they were only trying to make you happier with the hot setup last night. Take a load off of your shoulders and socialize a bit more with others you will be fine.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 05:42:18 pm »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:45:41 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline bluelove

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 07:39:20 pm »
Alain,he got the number heck we just talked for two hours.I am meeting tomorrow for lunch.

I want to clear something  up l am NOT a shamed that l am poz,far from it. What l hate is the "talk" and everyone here can relate to that one way or another.

Blue who let you all know how lunch goes tomorrow!!

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 06:23:37 pm »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:49:42 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 10:12:30 pm »
Oh,Honey,
it is sweet that your friend are trying to fix you up...I woulldn't have met my husband if 17 years if it weren't for my meddling friends fixing us up.

Jeff

Offline bluelove

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 10:17:54 pm »
Ok here is the update.We went to lunch and l told him.He did not go screaming into the sun and he did not jump me wanting sex.

What did he was...

Told  me ok that is a lot to take in,asked a lot of questions.Good ones l might add.

And then asked me out for dinner this past Thursday night...We had a blast and l got the sweetest goodbye kiss that night.

I am having brunch with him tomorrow.

Blue is going to have work out more if we keep going out to eat all the time.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 10:24:29 pm »
Hi Bluelove, Now that sounds like a cool date that you had. It is also good to hear that things went well when you told him. Best wishes to you from the family.

Have the Best Day.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 10:27:13 pm »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:50:13 pm by cowandalehouse »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.