Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Febrero 24, 2018, 06:56:28 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 727150
  • Total de Temas: 59401
  • Online Today: 370
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (Agosto 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 5
Guests: 176
Total: 181

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: generics india?  (Leído 405 veces)

Desconectado wardp

generics india?
« en: Febrero 09, 2018, 10:54:52 pm »
I've been getting emails from Indian companies regarding new arvs, is tivicay taf  and genvoya, the tivicay was reasonably priced at 30 us dollars far cheaper than Thailand, also taf , has anyone had any experience in buying there meds in india, I'm just wondering if there genuine products etc , i f I ever need to switch meds it maybe an option in the future, to fly there and see a doctor for scripts, taf is still not available in Thailand or genvoya and tivicay is 10 times the price.??
Diagnosed 20,July 2017. Cd4 289, 21% vld 3000. Started atripla 4 Aug 2017 5oct 2017 cd4 384 21%, vl ud less than 20. Switch to complera 4 Nov 2017 switched to stribild 15 the Nov. Switched to truvada efavirence 200mgx2 14 Dec 2017, 2 Feb 2018, us cd4  466, 25%  CD 8 ,595, 32%

Desconectado Mendicant

Re: generics india?
« Respuesta #1 en: Febrero 13, 2018, 01:29:24 am »
Wardp,

It is true that most meds are much cheaper in India, as much as 10 times or more in some cases. And they are being produced by some very reliable companies that are supplying meds to all of Africa and even parts of US.

For eg, Atripla here is sold for $60 (30 day supply) and Dolutegravir for $46 (30 day)

I wish the prices come further down so that the entire western world starts to buy from Indian companies, which will keep the prices low and erase the margins of large western pharma co's so that they are forced to find a cure soon.

Desconectado JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Respuesta #2 en: Febrero 13, 2018, 11:14:27 am »
@Mendicant Okay we get it, you don't like big pharma. Not the first time you have made the comment, so open a thread of your own if you so please but leave it out of the other topics.

Personally there is no "cure" from making this cheaper it’s not going to drive one out of the blue and there is tones of research being done into possible cures and better treatments. For drug company's to get away with something like what you are hinting towards suggested many other research facility's would have to be complacent or not doing research in earnest

Drug patents agree or disagree with them, they are there and let’s be honest no commercial company is a charity.

As said feel free to open your own thread on it.

@OP

Well true generic drug is pharmacological exactly the same, they have the same ingredients, dosage, and strength as the brand drug and so the same effects, side effects if any etc.  I have generic drugs for a number of concerns, its a state effort here to bring down the costs, and understandable, same treatment at a lower cost.  A few nations are switching generic drugs and this makes sense to save costs.

I've been getting emails from Indian companies
[/b]

Yeah so I would be wary of meds advertised by email as you don’t know the sender and it can be difficult to verify if the company is legit or if its just spam/spoofing or scam attempts. That said there are plently of threads here on the forum regarding buying cheaper meds from reliable sources online including Indian companies. Just search “generic” on the forum, tones of threads.

I know the PrEP now people have a few companies checked out, some of them do a number of different drugs besides just PrEP and ship to most nations in the world , perhaps this will give you a start. https://www.iwantprepnow.co.uk/buy-prep-now

Take it easy

Jim
« última modificación: Febrero 13, 2018, 12:56:28 pm por JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado wardp

« Respuesta #3 en: Febrero 13, 2018, 10:28:37 pm »
Diagnosed 20,July 2017. Cd4 289, 21% vld 3000. Started atripla 4 Aug 2017 5oct 2017 cd4 384 21%, vl ud less than 20. Switch to complera 4 Nov 2017 switched to stribild 15 the Nov. Switched to truvada efavirence 200mgx2 14 Dec 2017, 2 Feb 2018, us cd4  466, 25%  CD 8 ,595, 32%

Desconectado Mendicant

« Respuesta #4 en: Febrero 17, 2018, 09:56:04 am »

Jim, you do know that majority, maybe over 90% of positve people live in the developing world where affording a drug is usually never an option. If they are relying on the govt., the govt. is usually too poor to purchase meds unless there are cheap generics available. I have lived in the West for a long time and know the many options one can avail, sometimes getting meds for reduced price from the manufacturer. Or there are options like Ryan White Act or state programs, all of which are non-existent in resource-poor countries.

My intention and wish is that with generics everybody can afford to take them and live a healthy life.

Desconectado JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Respuesta #5 en: Febrero 18, 2018, 03:33:09 pm »
Fuck me!

Maybe I am not being clear the OP asked about buying medication for himself and generics if its okay and to be trusted or not following emails advertising the drugs.

He did not ask for your point of view on pharmaceutical companies, conspiracy theories or how people can or can not afford to buy meds or the state of developing nations. 

Take it as first and last warning on the subject. Do not post in this thread again.
Thank you.

Jim
« última modificación: Febrero 18, 2018, 03:52:31 pm por JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2017 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.