Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:25:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 199
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part V:Sisters from another mother....  (Read 69005 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Dating Thread Part V:Sisters from another mother....
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 09:41:33 pm »
So good to hear from ya, Queen.  It was my alternator, but as it turned out, that's not what the problem was. 
  Cin- I definitely will be praying and sending positive energy your way.  You'll find a job GF, just hang in there.  Sometimes it is always darkest before the light. 
    I hope everyone is doing alright.  My life is so boring that tomorrow I'm going to the library and I count that as a "day out."  School does keep me busy though.  Going to bed soon, hope everyone is praying for our Moonlight!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 10:22:50 pm »
Thanks for the good vibes, I am at Stone's tonight, a good surprise!  More soon, gotta get it while the gettings GOOD!  :D
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2007, 10:29:24 pm »
Well, Cin, as we used to say "cha-ching!" :D
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2007, 10:41:25 pm »
I've missed so much of this drama series, that I need one of those publications sent to my house, just for updates..... ;)
Nothing new going on here, just staying alive, my son is  sick AGAIN from school, and won't fall asleep, even though I gave him extra Dimatap ( I think he's wired instead)...
Work sucks...especially since I sit next to an ex-drunk, who clicks her tongue on her roof of her mouth after every sentence....I just want to choke her!!!...
My back pain has mellowed out some, but still there.....I assume I will be taking pain medication for awhile longer now.

Cindy don't worry.....be careful what you wish for, before you know it, you will be flooded with offers....when it rains it pours.....

Speaking of Halloween, I actually bought my son a costume in August (he's Thomas the Tank Engine, his favorite)....but it's crazy that I need to buy stuff in the summer or it sells out.. All the mom's out there are just crazy (including myself) :P
But it is also my favorite time of year, especially since my birthday is at the end of this month ::). and I plan on getting a much needed massage as a present.

Queen,
Good luck in your new place...and tell that cat humping season is over....

much love to everyone....
Nicole

From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2007, 11:06:00 pm »
Hey Girls

Nothing new here,  going to be MIA till next week.  Going to visit family in Oregon and not sure I will be near a computer.  So I wish everyone a happy week.

Cammie-  No worries here I still want to play with Cop #1  siren.  Thanks to him I am getting sick that is what I get for kissing him.

Nicole-  Your sons costume sounds so cute.  I am needing to work on my halloween costume.  For me and my girlfriends halloween is our holiday so dressing up is a must.  I am thinking a cancan girl this year.  Keep you posted on what I come up with.

Talk to you guys next week.     SS

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2007, 11:17:34 pm »
So good to hear from ya, Queen.  It was my alternator, but as it turned out, that's not what the problem was. 

I'm curious now, what was the problem, the starter? Not a mechanic but tries to play one in real life... ;) I've learned a few things since having a car. And it's funny cause when I raise the hood to put oil in the car I get looks from dudes like, Oh she knows where to put the oil.....Uh, yeah...I think it's good to at least know the basics of your car, i.e.....where to put the oil, power steering fluid, how to jump another car off your car or vice versa or even how to use a battery starter. The things you should know if you don't have a man around... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2007, 11:20:33 pm »
Thanks for the good vibes, I am at Stone's tonight, a good surprise!  More soon, gotta get it while the gettings GOOD!  :D

I swear between Cindy and Lucifer.... I'm going to pull out the water hose for the both of you....Maybe I need to spray around and I will attract a male... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2007, 11:21:30 pm »
I sit next to an ex-drunk, who clicks her tongue on her roof of her mouth after every sentence....I just want to choke her!!!...

edited to exclude grossness and exude an air of, well, an air of

fresh flowers
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 01:07:34 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »
Suffice to report the following.  Bakery Man not only sent a nice snail mail note while en route home, but also called the day after his arrival. We'll meet for a date this week. Already the f'd up inner dialogue about disclosure/rejection has revved up. Just beating it down as if it were a rabid dog and trying to envision just being present in the moment with this man rather than coming with a roughed out script as to what if's, if/then's and oh well's.

The adoption process is a true front burner item to be sure and when it reaches the point where I can chirp about it, I will. It's been a long journey for both of us. And, while there are no guarantees, I've been told it will occur. It is an exercise in patience and I can only imagine how it is to be a kid trying to be patient. Christmas Eve was agony enough for most of us.

The interviews, Parts A and B, went well. I'm interested and I hope they are, too.

Finally, the bakery man has showed a pulse...It sounds like he is a very considerate person. Can't wait to hear how date goes..As far as disclosure goes, only when you are ready. The what ifs and all that will drive you crazy if you let it.

I am really rooting for you with the adoption. I think you mentioned it before. It's a personal thing with me because I was adopted when I was 12 and that usually didn't happen back then. Folks mainly wanted babies and not pre-teens. How old is the child? I don't remember you mentioning if  the child is male or female. You may have but I tend to be foggy lately. I'll be praying to the Goddess for you and hope everything works out.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2007, 08:42:57 am »
Hey Queen:
  The owner of the garage told me that with the gear shift, even though it looks like it's in park, I still need to shift it into park until it like "clicks."  So that's the whole reason it wouldn't start! :-[  The whole bill for it is $290.  That includes towing, an electrical test (when they were trying to figure out what was wrong with it), a "used car inspection" which I asked them to do, replacing the belt, and of course the labor.  I'm not sure what they charge an hour, but I'm sure it's something outrageous.  The guy that gave me a ride home in the cab when the car wouldn't start gave me the card for the garage that the cab company uses.  He said they only charge $35-40 an hour labor.  Thank God for my church.  Otherwise I would  be up shit creek. 
   Sunseeker, I hope you have a good visit with your family.  Sounds like it will be a nice vacation. 
     Halloween just isn't fun for me like it used to be.  I used to have a lot of Halloween decorations, but with moving around, I lost my decorations or sold them in yard sales.  I do love to decorate for the holidays.  I only have one decoration for Halloween.  Queen, do you do anything special for this?  Didn't you mention in one of your posts that you're into wiccan or paganism or something like that?  I really don't know much about either, except that I've read that paganism covers all the "earth" religions, even Native American spirituality.  You know, I took this test one time to see what religion I would be most compatible with and the results were that it would be Ba'Hai.  I don't even know anything about this, but I'm thinking about getting a book from the library on it and checking it out.  Never hurts to expand the mind.
     I hope all you ladies are doing alright.  Time for me to start the day.  Namaste-
Betty

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2007, 11:34:57 am »
hello ladies. just checking in for a minute. Have to get  back off cause we have dial up and are waiting for calls.                                              All Hail the Return Of the Queen. Glad to see you back, I have missed you. I will read and do some more specific replys this evening. Love ya'll.  Cristy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2007, 12:30:20 pm »
I am recovering and have to get ready for my interview!   :P  More soon!

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2007, 01:11:38 pm »
You know, I took this test one time to see what religion I would be most compatible with and the results were that it would be Ba'Hai.  I don't even know anything about this, but I'm thinking about getting a book from the library on it and checking it out.  Never hurts to expand the mind.

Betty
Those in the Ba'Hai faith are at so visibly at peace, accommodating, women-respecting, self-respecting. I lived in a building with a Ba'Hai faith family and they invited me to many of their meals---it was a tremendous experience. How interesting that you tested as a match to a particular faith. Never heard of such a test. I'd like to take it.
Em

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2007, 01:34:09 pm »
Em,
  I can't even remember which site I took the test on.  Hmmm, beliefnet maybe? 
   The library I go to has only two books on Ba'Hai, and neither were in.  So I got a book about Buddhism meditation and will be adventuring into that.  I also got some CDs, put one in my friend's truck's CD player, and now it won't eject.  So there's some money I'll be owing the library.  I also got three movies, they're due back Monday, then I remembered I won't get my car back until probably Tuesday and won't have my friend's truck anymore either.  Geesh, can I ever have a good day? I'm just whining. Don't even listen to me.  There are people here who have a lot more to deal with. 
     Guess I should probably go study.  Let the weekend begin.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2007, 02:07:54 pm »
Vibes, GFs, vibes.....Prayers, whatever you have to offer!  My interview is at 3pm, and I have to huff it through downtown on foot after I find parking.  Its headed towards 94 degrees!   My interview is at 3pm........wish me - pray me - send me lots of luck!

A guy emailed me in the POZ Personals, sending me "Good Energy" regarding the job search.  A lot of guys read along here, who says they don't like a soap opera?  So, a big "thank you" to Mr. Good Energy!   ;D
(4:15pm) OK, interview with the realty company is done!  Let me just say.....I kicked ASS.  They have FREE parking which is wonderful!  The medical coverage is the same PPO plan I am on now, which is good (so I can continue on my insulin pump)! 

They loved me and I had a lot to say, touched on a lot of what they were looking for with my own job experiences from the past.  I did a lot of talking, wasn't going to leave anything out. LOL They placed their ad last Thursday and received over two hundred emailed resumes!    I was very honored to be called in by them, its a husband and wife team, prob in their late 40's, and they were both very nice and laid back.  I would have my own office and basically be the "hub" for the company!  Yay!  They asked what I wanted to make and I said I was very flexible, somewhere in the $30-$40K range.  Personally, I would like to make $36K, but we'll see if I get an offer first.

Only downside is the cost of benefits, kinda?  I didn't ask what the premium was per month, but its basically the husband and wife on their plan along with the office assistant.  The deductible is $2500!  Yikes!  OUCH, big time....but I still have my fingers crossed.  They have set-up a flexible spending account from which you can pay the deductible, and they said the salary would be lower if I were to choose coverage rather than forego it.  I'm thinking that means they pay the premium?  I forgot to ask after I nearly fell off my chair from the deductible amount! 

Dumb question time since its been so long since I've paid a deductible.  The deductible is a reflection of out-of-pocket costs (i.e. copays, not the actual cost for services), right? 

They will be deciding by next Tuesday, so I'll know really soon!   ;D

Oh goodness, I am so psyched, and I have STONE on the brain BIG TIME, too, even though I feel like I just left his place, lol!

~Cindy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:51:20 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2007, 05:50:34 pm »
Hello again ladies. Not much going on here. My needy one moved back to his family's house and has been calling but I'm not answering the phone. i would have really liked to have him but it would be like taking on a grown child and I already have a child.                                     Queen, Glad you got moved. Sorry you are having problems with the school , hopefully they will be sorted out soon. Lucifer will chill after a bit, once the other kitties slap him a couple times. He's just being male. Is he neutered? cause if he's not and there is a female in the house he might start spraying. Just something to watch out for.                                   

The owner of the garage told me that with the gear shift, even though it looks like it's in park, I still need to shift it into park until it like "clicks."  So that's the whole reason it wouldn't start! :-
Betty
                                                                               Hello Betty, My dad has a 63 Chevy II that does that. You have to put the shifter in just the right spot for it to start. Sorry you had to deal with all that. Sounds like you have a great support system and that's a wonderful thing.                                                                      ML, glad the job interview went well and I hope it turns out to be everything you want, need and more.  Glad you and Stone are doing well                                                                                        Sun, hope you have a great visit with your family. I Know you are grown and all that and you really want cop #1 but are you sure it will be worth the hassle that you might have to deal with. I wish the best for you no matter what, just something to think about.       Nicole, my son loves Thomas the tank engine. We watch it Sundays on PBS. they have a lot of really good children's shows. He's loving Pre-K and seems to be doing well.                                                   Anybody I missed, Em, anybody else , love ya'll and will check in again soon.    Cristy       

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2007, 06:31:17 pm »
Ok, now imagine me cussing because I am about now. I just lost a whole post explaining the drama behind getting my son out of his old school and hoping he gets into the new one because they are full but some students are suppose to be leaving next week, I have to wait to hear from the guidance counselor next week. I think it got lost because I was trying to post it as I was getting a PM.

If you haven't checked out my thread in the OT forum, I will give you the short version here. I have to start meds now. My cd4 has dropped to 215 while my vl dropped to 16,590 from 27,400. I have noticed a trend when it comes to that but when cd4 raises vl raises too which is weird to me and I have asked if anyone knows why this is.
It's a bit of a disappointment since I have been doing so well with getting the diabetes under control but I also knew this day would come, so no worries. I will be on Atripla, Abacavir, and Bactrim til my cd4 improves then I will stop the Bactrim. I have also developed thrush which seems to be moving down my throat. Has appointment with my primary next week but I have the joy of doing a 24 hour urine tomorrow...Oh, Joy. But after all the fuss of getting the lantus pen now my doc thinks I may not need. I know that is a good thing but DAMN. We are not seeing eye to eye on the metformin. I will keep you updated on that episode after the appointment. All the other tests came back fine, first time I have not been anemic. They thought I was finally taking the iron pills but Queenie just changed some eating habits...I will write more later in response to other posts but at the moment I have the jitters and must go take care of that....Hope you ladies are having a good day....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2007, 08:51:47 pm »
Hey girls:
  Cin, so glad to hear that the job interview went well.  Just know I've been praying for you and sending you lots of {{{{WONDERFUL ENERGY}}}}!
    Queen, I did read your post in OT and responded to it, I think.  It's really good that you got your blood sugar under control.  I, meanwhile, have not and the doctor just called today because of an elevated test that came back and raised my Insulin dose.  You know, last year when I quit smoking, started exercising and eating right, I was able to get off the Insulin.  Maybe I can do that again.  I really started tearing up smoking cigs when my mom was in the dying process.  I felt like I needed a stress reliever. Anyway, I hope things get straightened out with the school.
   In about 10 minutes I'm going to go to Kroger's to get some popcorn to watch one of the movies I got from the library today.  It's a foreign love film and has really good reviews on it, so I'm looking forward to that.  This weekend I'll be jamming on studying for my classes. I have TONS of it to do. 
   I hope all you ladies are having a good start to the weekend.  Talk to ya'all later. 

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2007, 10:02:41 pm »
Queen, very frustrating  when you lose a post. ML suggested that you copy the post before you send it and I just tried that and it worked really well.    Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2007, 11:32:47 pm »
Ok, now to respond to some of these posts....

Betty-- Halloween is a holiday for Pagans. To be celebrated in many different ways. I usually do some type of spell or ritual. And since my roomie is Pagan too and our first Halloween together, we will prolly do something. I am hoping that the doc will just put me on Lantus and that alone. I have to do a 24 hour urine in the morning.

Christy--- No, Lucifer is not fixed yet but the first piece of change I get, he is getting nipped. But there are 2 other male cats in the house, they are roomies. And what do you mean might, he has sprayed 3 times already but it is funny to watch his tail jiggle around.

Powder-- Glad the interview went well. Does this mean you got the job? When will you know?

Not much to add, has been talking to Boo since the internet came back on yesterday. He is still tinkering with his computer instead of accepting the fact that he blew something. Thank God It's Friday!!!!!! I need a break.. ;D ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2007, 08:53:20 am »
Hey Queen:

I have a question.  In one of the threads in OT, you mentioned a pentacle.  Is that the same thing as a pentogram?  And you said people think it's satanic.  That's what I was always taught.  What does it mean?  I'm just asking questions because I'm really ignorant to all that stuff.  I'm sure you get this all the time, but I was always taught that anything like "wicca" or "paganism" was from the devil.  But when I was reading a little bit about paganism, I read that it actually includes all the "earth" religions, even Native American spirituality.  Of course, I was reading this on the internet and one has to be really careful about what is on the internet. Also, do you call yourself a witch?  Just curious.  I used to have a friend who said he was a warlock and he did some kind of rituals for the Summer Equinox and the Winter Solstice.  He used to dress in a black robe and summon gods and goddesses.  Have you ever heard of anything like that?  He was also a reader.  I asked him if he did sayonces (not sure how to spell that.  He said he did, but he didn't do them that often.  He said you never know what spirit was going to come out, and that you have to have complete control over the situation.  I guess my question would be, if you don't know what spirit is going to come out, how do you know you will be able to have control over them?  I probably sound pretty ignorant with all these things, but I really try to remain open-minded to things I don't know anything about. 

I hope everyone else is doing alright.  Cin, did you see Stone last night?  Cristy, how are you holding up?  And everyone else (Em, etc...).  I tried to finish a movie last night about midnight.  It was a foreign film with subtitles which got really good critical reviews, which is usually the type of movie I try to look for.  But I ended up falling asleep in my rocking chair and woke up about 3:00 a.m.  Today I have scads of studying to do and I'm also going to color the roots in my hair.  This is kind of a bother, but if I don't do it, I will surely go grey in no time. 

Hope everyone is having a good morning.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2007, 12:19:45 pm »
Hey Queen:

I have a question.  In one of the threads in OT, you mentioned a pentacle.  Is that the same thing as a pentogram?  And you said people think it's satanic.  That's what I was always taught.  What does it mean?  I'm just asking questions because I'm really ignorant to all that stuff.  I'm sure you get this all the time, but I was always taught that anything like "wicca" or "paganism" was from the devil.  But when I was reading a little bit about paganism, I read that it actually includes all the "earth" religions, even Native American spirituality.  Of course, I was reading this on the internet and one has to be really careful about what is on the internet. Also, do you call yourself a witch?  Just curious.  I used to have a friend who said he was a warlock and he did some kind of rituals for the Summer Equinox and the Winter Solstice.  He used to dress in a black robe and summon gods and goddesses.  Have you ever heard of anything like that?  He was also a reader.  I asked him if he did sayonces (not sure how to spell that.  He said he did, but he didn't do them that often.  He said you never know what spirit was going to come out, and that you have to have complete control over the situation.  I guess my question would be, if you don't know what spirit is going to come out, how do you know you will be able to have control over them?  I probably sound pretty ignorant with all these things, but I really try to remain open-minded to things I don't know anything about. 

I saw your post in OT and what Mark posted was pretty on point. When drawn it is a pentagram and when worn a pentacle, not sure if that makes sense to you or not. Don't have the right words in my head, I just woke up not long ago. It is usually considered Satanic when the top point is facing down. But like Mark said, there are other reasons for the point being down. I wear my pentacle necklace as a form of protection and like I said, I never take it off unless I am cleansing it as in jewelry cleaning, spiritually cleansing, and reinforcing my protection spell. For me, the points mean earth, air, fire, water, and spirit.

Do I consider myself a witch? Yes, I do, not just because I follow the ways of Paganism but found out that it was practiced by my Grandmother. My Mother believed in it but didn't really practice it. I consider myself to be a solitary eclectic witch which means simply that I work alone but follow different paths of Paganism, not just one. I did try to join a Coven once but just did not feel comfortable with it.

As for your friend, I understood what he meant. When you do seances, you do have to take precaution because it is like opening a doorway and if not experienced, you could let anything in. I use to read Tarot cards but doesn't have a deck anymore. I need to get another one. I use to do readings for my friends and for myself. A reading to me is not to tell the future but to guide a person through events that may have happened in the past that may be connected to the present with a possible outcome in the near future. I hope I haven't confused you. One site that I use to check out is WitchVox.com. You might find some answers there. It's good to know you have an open mind.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2007, 06:35:16 pm »
Hello ladies.  Queen , I have read quite a bit about. I found it quite interesting but can't remember alot about it. Fried brain.                                   Freak Alert on POZpersonals. He goes by signdog and I mailed  him for 2 days and he comes up with" Do I spit or Swallow?" and when I got offended said I am a prude.   I could see if we had discussed anything sexual but had not. so watch out.   Will update, just be aware  cristy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:02:46 pm by cjc »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2007, 10:53:09 pm »
Christy and Betty~~

I had tried other religions before I was drawn to Paganism. Being raised as black, I was made to go to Baptist church every Sunday. As a kid I was into it...Bible study..choir but then as I got older I noticed that most people came to church mainly to gossip even the little old ladies or founding members of the church. And the biggest whore seemed to be the Pastor.. ???

Growing up I attended Catholic schools and we use to have to go to Mass for certain holidays. The statues drew my attention at first. Then confessions kinda drew me in cause I could do something wrong and be told to say 10 Hail Marys and everything was ok. Once again as I got older, I had a problem with that as well but still loved the statues... ;D

After being disappointed by those religions, I kinda felt like I was in limbo. I knew there was a God but just had problems with the foundation of those religions, I guess. I had a dream which really stuck with me. At this time it was Halloween and I had read an article in the paper about a local High Priest. The article intrigued me so I called the newspaper and asked the reporter if he could get a hold of him and left my number. I didn't think the guy would call me but he actually did. We met up and I discussed my dream to him in detail and he seem to have understood it perfectly. He said it was a calling and suggested some books to read. I did and felt like this was the path I was meant to take and felt comfortable with it. It was about 5 years later that I discovered that my Grandmother was a witch, so to me it made perfect sense to why I was drawn.

On to the dating.....Been chatting with Boo. After the one episode I had Qwesty on Poz Personals, I have not put my ad back up. Not sure that I will anytime soon.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2007, 08:31:01 am »
Thanks Queen. I know what you mean about some of that stuff. Maybe one day we can roll a blunt and sit down and have a long disscusion about it.                                                                           I have been considering just cancelling my personals profile  after this last experience. I am very openminded but damn right I was offended to be asked that after 2 days of mailing someone. Uncouth Jerk!!!!! Him, not any of ya'll.                             On a bright note, there was  a small cookout here last night and I ate very well. I also made a pineapple upsidedown cake and It was SO good . Hope everyone  will have a good day. Later, Cristy                                                 

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2007, 11:40:08 am »
Hi GFs~

I hear you about the Personals.  If it weren't for my spotlight in a few weeks, I would've taken my ad down by now, too.  I want to see how things go with Stone, though.  Too many brothas hittin' me up in the Personals, when all I would be interested in is a slice of whitebread.  I think most of the emails I get are from scammers anyway, its a pain in the ass.

I saw Stone last night after thinking he had fallen asleep at his place and was going to miss our date!  Yikes!  He called at 9:30pm and made me think he was just getting into the shower or something and next thing I know he's at MY door, and I'm not ready, lol!  It all turned out fine.  We got to the club around 10:45pm or so and I had left my cell phone in the Jeep.  Stone goes to the bar to get drinks and someone taps me on the shoulder.  Its the guy I danced with back in July, the one who remembered me from my old neighborhood.  I hug him hello and realize it has been 7 weeks and he never called me!  Now I'm sure he thinks I am a bitch, oh well.  I told him I was here on a date, and he said for Stone and I to go and talk with them in a bit.  Honestly, I was pissed at my childhood friend, Pat, who was the link to this guy Jeff (aka tall brother).  Turns out the GF who found me on herpes.com a week ago said Pat was a dog.  All he does is go look for other women while his GF is in the same bar, so I didn't feel like talking to Pat.  It would have been awkward with Jeff and Stone side by side, so I just stayed with Stone and we never went to find the other group.

Not too long after, I look past Stone and there's Mr. Good Zip Code standing 5 feet behind him.  So, I go over and say HI, say I'm on a date and don't want to be rude to Stone.

Stone looked hot, and GF was in her element!  Music was loud, good, it was dark, it was fun!  The drummer came up to me in between sets and said HI.  I thought that was nice.  I introduced the drummer to Stone. I have been following this band for about six years now.  The place we were in last night held 400 people, easy, its huge.  At one point Stone and I were on the dance floor and a big lightbulb shook itself loose from about 25 feet above our heads and nearly hit the guy in front of us.  Thank goodness it didn't shatter, but the band must have shaken it loose, lol!

It was a little awkward later because when Stone and I were on the dance floor, there was Jeff aka "the tall brother" from July 21st, standing about five feet behind us, I kept seeing him out of the corner of my eye.  Turns out that Pat had sent me a text earlier saying that he and Jeff were there and where was I?  It must've been sent right as I was walking into the club, and I missed it.  Mr. Good Zip Code was on the dance floor looking like a total dork, and I kept seeing him look at me through the crowd.  Stone and I made it up front to the amps a little later with no problem, and I was giddy.  I love that shit!  LOL  The drummer set his electronic drums on automatic, and came out to sing a tune that I had requested earlier.  He came over, leaned down off the stage and grabbed my hand, it was so cool, lol, everyone was looking at me!  He was singing "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, it was incredible!  I was hoppin' and boppin' and singing right along to every damn song last night. (www.thereaganyears.com)

So, I just sent Stone down the road here at 11am to go give his doggie her shot.  I am headed down to his place in a bit, to hang with him, and try to help him with work or whatever.

I keep thinking of Christy's pineapple upside down cake, tho, lol.

Have a great Sunday!

~Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2007, 12:24:54 pm »
Glad to know you had a good time with Stone at the concert. I use to love that song Relax too. Gosh, that brings back memories of Duran Duran, INXS, Thomas Dolby, The Romantics and a whole bunch of others. Yes, Queen was into 80's music big time.

Now I am trying to remember who Pat is? But I thought it was funny that your previous dates were there. Now if that would've been a black person, all hell would've broken loose. Joking but at the same time am serious, I have seen it get real ugly. Man, I need a social life!!!!!

I had to get up early to drop my urine off at the lab and get more blood drawn for the appointment with my primary doc on Wednesday. I assume it is to check kidney function. It's been raining for the past few days including today so I don't see much happening really. At least my car is getting washed... ;) If anything I will prolly drift back to sleep since I didn't go to bed til 4am. I am off to wash the dishes..
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2007, 06:25:39 pm »
Hey girls:
 Last night my sister had a birthday thing for my granddaughter, my brother and myself (we all celebrate b.d.'s in Sept.).  At my mom's service, at the end, there was a DVD that played of my mom during her different years.  My brother-in-law burned a copy for everyone in the family, and when I got home last night I watched it.  That set off a 20 minute long crying spell.  It just hasn't gotten any easier.  Not that I expect it would. 
    Queen, thanks for answering my questions.  I was always raised that anything that had to do with stuff like what you're into was from the devil and shouldn't be messed with.  But of course, that was another time.  I do try to remain open-minded about things like that, as I don't think any one religion is the total truth.  In fact, at the church I go to, this fall in our Sunday school we're going to be talking about the symbolism the Bible uses.  In other words, not everything in it is to be taken word-for-word; some things are just symbols of some other meaning.  So I'll be looking forward to that.  I was always wondering how in the world a man could live inside a whale. :o 
    Sorry about your experience on the personals Cristy.  I would've been totally disgusted with that asshole. 
     Anyway, I hope all you ladies are having a good close to the weekend.  I'll probably be up late tonight as I took a four hour nap today!  My brother will be here in a little while and we're going to watch HBO's documentary special by Spike Lee (I just love him) about Hurricane Katrina.  Later-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2007, 09:18:43 pm »
Glad to know you had a good time with Stone at the concert. I use to love that song Relax too. Gosh, that brings back memories of Duran Duran, INXS, Thomas Dolby, The Romantics and a whole bunch of others. Yes, Queen was into 80's music big time.

BTW, GF, they also played "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince!  By then I was slammin' in the front row!   ;D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2007, 10:54:04 pm »
Funny, How when folks play Prince, it is always something off of his Purple Rain or 1999 albums. Yes, those were good ones but how about playing something else...LOL... I think I need to school folks on classic Prince...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2007, 11:04:35 pm »
Date Update: Date occurred last night. Very nice. Excellent dinner. Hours of non-stop conversation that never came within 100' of the topic of health, status, etc. Next date is next week. Calm, kind, good sense of humor and scholarly. It's been years since I went out on a date and this was well worth the wait.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2007, 12:39:44 am »
Well, it is about time. Glad date was nice.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2007, 07:43:08 am »
Date Update: Date occurred last night. Very nice. Excellent dinner. Hours of non-stop conversation that never came within 100' of the topic of health, status, etc. Next date is next week. Calm, kind, good sense of humor and scholarly. It's been years since I went out on a date and this was well worth the wait.
                                                                                     Yah!!!!!!!!!!! for EM. So glad that your date went well. hope next weeks goes just as well.                                                                             Queen, that's because those are the only Prince albums most white folks know. He has some really good music but even I am only familiar with some of it  ;)                                                                   Things are good here, just got little man  on the bus, now to figure out what to do today.                                                                   Betty, glad you had a good celebration  with  your family.  I probably would have cried over the DVD also. I still do sometimes when I see pictures of loved ones that have passed. Even my cat. I really loved that cat.                                                                        Hope everyone is doing well. My respiratory infection is easing up and I am feeling better. 1 more nasty Levaquin to take and I am done.   Love ya'll.  Cristy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2007, 08:46:40 am »
Mornin' All.

Thanks much, ladies.

CJC, good to know you're feeling better. Not fair to have a respiratory challenge BEFORE winter. Maybe you'll have gotten it out of the way early!

BT, I appreciate that you share glimpses of your grieving with us. I'm sure it is good for you and know that it is for us as well...

Have an excellent week everyone.

Em

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2007, 10:56:35 am »
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I went out back about 30 minutes ago. And One of missing my cats was outside eating. His name is Nighty and he is the neutered male I said went missing last week. I love that cat and am so glad he is not dead.The unneutered male( Sweet Pea) is still missing but it's possible he is roaming, they do that. I will tell the tenants but will not apologize, first cause I never said anything to them(would have turned into a fight, she seems to have a temper like me  but I am 15 years older so can actually check mine most of the time) and cause I still think their dogs ran him off.  fuck it , who cares about that, I don't like them anyway!                         NIGHTY IS HOME!!!!!!NIGHTY IS HOME. I gave him some tuna.      Cristy, who loves animals more than most people. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:35:48 pm by cjc »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2007, 05:21:43 pm »
Hi GFs~

So glad to hear that Nighty made his way back home, Cristy!  That is such GREAT news!  I am very happy to hear of the reunion, I just wish your other kitty would come back, too.  Fingers crossed!  Pets are just the COOLEST!   ;D

Em, Em, EM!  FINALLY had the date!  Woo-hoo!  Patience is definitely a virtue!  I am pleased to hear that Bakery Man is a calm, nice guy.  Maybe we should call him Brawny Man since he initially called you from the mountaintop?  LOL   ;)  I hope you are doing OK with thoughts of disclosure.  I know its putting the cart way before the horse, as you are still getting to know each other, but even still, I know how much it all weighed on me when I was dating Jay back in June.  I am thinking about you, and I know you'll just take it as it comes.  Its all you can do, you know that, even if we try to have a dress rehearsal for something like disclosure.  Glad to hear he has asked you out again for next weekend already, too!  Yippee!

Betty, I am thinking about you and the loss of your mother.  Was it a month ago today?  That DVD has got to be a very sentimental thing for you.  Cry all you want, its better than holding it in.  I have a video that I took of my late husband David, back at a gig in December 1992, before I even tested pos (that came a year later).  I haven't watched the video in a long time (prob out of fear that it will snap the ribbon, have to get it onto DVD!), but whenever I do, I end up smiling and jamming to the tunes!  Whenever I hear the band's tunes play, I think of Dave.  "Come Again" by Damn Yankees, "Jet City Woman" by Queensryche, "Ramble On" by Zep where he played acoustic on a stand in front of him, with the electric slung over his back, and would then jump back to where his pedals were to jam on the electric again......ah the memories.  They are sweet, if bittersweet, at times.

Hi Queen~   You were trying to remember who Pat was? He was the guy that lived in the same hood as me when I was 7!  Yes, seven!  He is also the guy that Jay had small talk with in early July, he was helping Jay move a barbecue grill back to his house, and they started talking about who Jay was "seeing."  Remember, Pat figured out it was me Jay was referring to, but didn't let on at first, and was yanking Jay's chain some with questions about me.  LOL  Anyway, I have never "hung out" with Pat, and since he is a dog who gets way too wasted at the clubs, I am not missing anything by not being his friend.  Turns out Stone knows someone that Pat knows, we saw him across the way at IHOP after leaving the club.

I went down to Stone's yesterday from about 1pm to 1am.  We just did domestic stuff, took care of the dog, he cleaned some, I tried to give him some financial advice, etc.  It was nice to have his company.  We went to the grocery together cause his bank is there and he had to make a deposit.  We ended up shopping some, it was fun, believe it or not.  He is so cute, gets so excited over new things, new ideas, all of this coming from a big man who is a cross between a tank and a grizzly bear!  He is joining a gym close to his place soon, and is stocking up on things for the new diet.  I turned him on to ground turkey, really good when you make tacos with it!  Yummy!

I casually got some heart-to-heart time with Stone last night, too, and I saw how it softened him a little even before I left for the evening.  I remember Drag telling me not to worry, actions speak louder than words.  Drag, you are so right!  Where are you, GF?.....  So far, my intuition and patience with him/things has been right on.  I figured he needs to move slow in the romance department because of where he's been with two crazy women before me, three, actually, but two are ex-wives.  The ones he was married to were just selfish people, and the last wife drank too much.  Its a shame that I have to pay the price for their screwed up lives, but its still early for us.  I know my actions are speaking loudly to him, too.

Stone said he didn't like it when a girl he was dating last April wanted to refer to him as her BF without an agreement of sorts on it.  This evidently happened when this girl was trying to rush everything in the space of a few weeks, and she was a bitch to him when she drank, so it turned him off.  I don't drink and I have a pretty good head on my shoulders.  Only thing is, I have all of my eggs in one basket here now.  I don't MIND it, as I am wildly attracted to Stone and I am excited as I get to learn more things about him.  However, because of the, shall we say, "bedroom factor" with Stone and I, I wouldn't feel comfortable dating another man at this time.  My loyalties have always been fierce, and it wouldn't be fair to anyone if I dated someone else.  I wouldn't even go talk to Jeff, the tall brother from July, at the club Saturday, because I was attracted to him a couple of months ago.  It would've just been awkward.  He had his window of opportunity and chose not to act on it.  But even if Stone doesn't consider me a GF (at least that's what I got from the conversation last night), he HAS told his entire family about me.  So, even if I don't have the "title" I think its safe to say "I have the man."  He isn't seeing anyone else, we are too busy getting to know each other.

The whole heart-to-heart last night started out with me gently saying, "I've noticed something about you......." and his reply before I even went on was "Oh no, what is it....."  I gently said he wasn't a "touchy-feely" kind of guy, meaning in MY mind, affectionate.  He said he isn't usually one to talk about feelings so early on, or something like that, so I just forced myself to be QUIET.  He actually started talking and leading the conversation, and I was VERY gentle with him, as I know guys usually don't talk about feelings much, at least not this one.  I said I thought he didn't like the feeling of being "vulnerable" and he said he didn't like that word, yet he steered the conversation from there.   ;D  I love it when I can keep my mouth shut, but it took willpower.  I didn't want to shape anything he was going to say to me, and what he did say came from the heart. 

He went to hold my hand while walking me back to my car last night, and I saw a certain tenderness in his eyes as he said goodnight and then kissed me. 

Ah, contentment......  :)

On another note, I have had some good things happen today.  I think they will change my life and relieve a lot of stress for me.  No, I haven't heard about the job, that's for tomorrow, but I will post more tonight.  I am very pleased......

~Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2007, 07:49:58 pm »
Funny, How when folks play Prince, it is always something off of his Purple Rain or 1999 albums. Yes, those were good ones but how about playing something else...LOL... I think I need to school folks on classic Prince...

I know this is way after the fact, but what about "I Wanna Be Your Lover" or "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad."  Is this what you're talking about Queen?  Yes, I used to jam back in the late 70's.  I used to listen to WBMX out of Chicago. That station doesn't exist anymore.  But I used to jam to Zapp, Lakeside etc.  That was waaaay back.

Em, so glad to hear about the date!  Keep us posted with details!

Cristy, I am so glad Nighty came back.  It must be such a joyous reunion!  Here's hoping that the other wanderer joins him and you soon! 

Hope everyone is having a good night.  I took a break from studying to check out how everyone's doing. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2007, 08:13:09 pm »
Hello Ladies-----

It has pretty much been a chilled day for me. Got some more cleaning done, swept down the front stairs and mopped them. Tomorrow is the back stairs which will require some bleach to get rid of that empty house smell. I went to see about getting some help with furniture. So, I'll be waiting to hear back on those calls. But everyone pretty much chills in their rooms anyway. Lucifer is still after Polly relentlessly. I need to find a vet and fast!!!!!

Cindy--- If I recall, I thought I said Stone was the one awhile back.. ;) But am thrilled that things are going so well. Give it time, he will be calling your gf more than I do... ;D I swear you need to pay for text messaging, don't your company have an unlimited text plan? If so it shouldn't be much. Hell, I will pay for the text....LMAO...Anyhoo, just be patient with Stone like you're doing, I see you guys together for awhile. Just call me Miss Cleo, girl!!!!

Betty--- I feel your pain on missing your mother. I miss both of my parents and even though my mother has been gone the longest I still think of her, the same goes for my father. I was just putting their pictures up in my room last night. It will get easier with time when it comes to the crying spells, I still get them from time to time.

Em---- You have been kinda silent, girlie. Is everything ok with you? I'm glad the date went well, I wanted to be more enthusiastic but you didn't give me much to work with... ;) I am glad you enjoyed yourself and found someone who can stimulate you mentally. Sometimes mental stimulation is the best form of foreplay.. ;) If that was out of line, forgive me, just smoked one and am feeling like a horn dog. Could be Lucifer's horniness too since me and my cat are connected like Christy's. But I am already fixed...WTF????   ;D ;D ;D

Christy-- I am so glad your cat came back home. I know that can of tuna was a treat for him. Hopefully the other kitty will come home soon. I am sorry you are not feeling well. Don't know how I missed that you were sick.

Has anyone seen Life Support with Queen Latifah in it? It's on HBO, I watched it last night and it brought me to tears which is hard to do. Some of the things just really hit home to me. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do.

It's Monday Night, so it is almost time for RAW, my Monday night wrestling soap opera. Tonight I get to find out who Vince McMahon's bastard son is. The cliffhanger is that he is one of the wrestlers.... ;D Will check in later and let y'all know who it is...

Ooooh Betty, you caught me just when I was gonna post. That is just the Prince era I was talking about along with his Controversy album. Ok, you going back with Lakeside....How about some Bar-Kays?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2007, 11:42:50 pm »
Hello ladies. Did I mention that ya'll are most of the people I like as well as my animals. Just thought you should know. Thanks for the reply's about nighty. I did the right thing and told the tenants that he was home. Turns out mom told them that I thought their dogs killed my cat and since I was wrong, I felt I should, not apologize , but let them know I was wrong. Usually I hate to be wrong but in this case am glad.                                                                                            Betty , I agree with Em( i usually do) , your sharing of your grief allows me to touch on some of my own . Thank you                                                             Queen, just because we are fixed does not mean we can't go into heat. God, I am.   And have several options but they are neg so.....   Guess I'll just get over it.                                                                              ML, Glad thing are going well with  Stone . I will catch your update about the job and other good things in the morning      .     Love ya'll.   Cristy                                                                     

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2007, 08:35:27 am »
Yes, Queen, I remember the Bar-Kays.  I think the music was better back then maybe.  I also used to love the long version of "Good Times" by Chic.  When they set into that bass guitar solo, I think that was just tits!  Anyway, that was another time.......

Cin, my  metal friend, I am so glad to hear about how things are going with Stone.  Yes, it's hard sometimes to keep our mouths shut, but I think it will pay off.  I don't know a whole lot of men who are open about feelings.  I think it has to do with the way society stigmatizes them.  You know, they have to be the strong ones etc.  My second ex- was probably the most open man I've been with.  Too bad he started back on the addiction downward spiral. 

Well, girls, it's been almost 48 hours since I've had a cigarette.  I can already breathe a little better.  I've been taking Chantix.  Last night I had a killer headache though.  But this morning I feel better.  I even did a little exercising.  I wish I could do a lot of exercising, but my left kneecap is broken and the cartilage in it collapsed from when the last guy I was with pushed me down a flight of stairs, and that's been like six years ago.  There is a lot of muscle wasting in it etc.  But, I am quitting smoking, hopefully for good.  Of course, I haven't been around anyone yet who smokes.  I'm trying to get a firm foundation in quitting before I do that.  Liz smokes.  She is taking Chantix right now also, but she doesn't really want to quit.  Her doctor is the one who told her she needs to.  I told her I think someone has to really want it and be mentall ready to quit.  I think forcefully trying to get someone to quit smoking is like forcefully trying to get someone to quit drinking or using drugs-it doesn't work for long.  I'm going to make my apartment smoke-free and my car also.  That will be hard.  But I'm determined.  With lung cancer (caused from second-hand smoke) killing my mum and my dad having emphysema and chronic bronchitis (and still smoking), my chances of smoking successfully are pretty thin.  Plus the compromised immune system from HIV and diabetes.  Anyway, I'm determined.  Wish me luck.

Queen- I am so glad you're getting settled in your place.  I don't know what to tell you about Lucifer.  You need to get him clipped!  Is he still spraying?  I think there are things you can get at a pet store for that, not sure.  I have a female cat, and she's been fixed. 

About coming into heat, I'm going through a preview of menopause right now.  Sometimes sex seems like it would be wonderful, and sometimes it's like "who cares."  Of course, I haven't gotten laid in like three or four years.  It's bad when you can't remember the last time, but the guy I was with was not
a good lover.  Maybe something will happen with Liz...... ::)

Cristy- how are things going with your son (the one who's in the pokey).  You know, when I was with my first husband, he was in jail at varied time for like 8 or 9 months out of every year.  It was really hard.  I went to see him sometimes; but of course he didn't even ask if I would get him out.  I hope you're doing alright with that. 

Hope everyone's having a restful morning.  I'm going to get my day started.  My Counseling Theories class is tonight and I have to do laundry today.  Talk to you girls later-
Betty

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2007, 12:25:26 pm »
Hi GFs~

I am anxiously awaiting phone calls from my Case Mgr at the Health Dept and also from the Realty company I interviewed with on Friday.  This is the other "good news" I referred to above.  I posted about this mainly  in my other thread in Living With HIV, called "In A Dark Place Here." 

I called the Health Dept. yest and my case mgr was out, but the lady I did talk to told me there were all sorts of ways that I could get assistance, even while working a FT job!  It really gave me a big sense of relief, I have been way too concerned about making ends meet for many years now.  I found out that I can get help with a huge deductible for health care, as well as with the cost for the monthly premium as well, and housing, too!

Turns out the lady I spoke with yest is the facilitator for the local support group, so I am going to go this Friday.  I am really nervous, but it will only be about 4 or 5 women.  Then I can meet the gay guys the following week, lol!  She says its cut right down the middle with the people there, either straight women or gay guys attend, no others.  Told you there weren't many straight men in the DC area that are pos!

I am getting really fed-up with the Personals here on POZ.  The same little shits keep making up all of these fake ads and I have recently started replying to them, rather than erasing the emails.  I say something like "Lots of luck you little sh*t."  When I don't hear anything back, I know I've hit the nail on the head with a scammer.  I can usually tell from the pictures, even if they look legit, when you "click to enlarge" they won't enlarge.  This is because the little scum copied them off of the internet.

Got one from the UK last night from a Tonny______2777 or something like that.  Can't remember his last name.  WHY would someone from the UK want to meet me?  Sounded like he was high in his email, all dreamy and shit. Its always a dead giveaway....White male, educated who likes soul and R&B.  I have my intuition and something just doesn't "jive" with the music preferences.  And since when do you spell "Tony" with 2 N's?  Gheez! 

Maybe I should just take the damn ad down already....Stone DID finally call last night at about 12:30am.  He had his cousin with him all day yesterday, showing him stuff about his business he does.  They talked all day long, it seems.  I was boo-hooing by the time he called, all worked up, doing my 9/11 thread.  I had a few friends I was IMing, Queen included, and we were chatting about today.  It still seems so surreal, like the Towers going down was part of a Hollywood movie.

Betty~   Ray aka J.R.E. posted something somewhere in a thread about the immediate effects of quitting smoking.  Its kind of like a timeline thing, from minutes to years down the road.  Have you seen it yet?  I'll try to find it for you.  Glad to hear you have had such willpower!

No exciting phone calls yet.  It has finally rained here today in Maryland, no sunshine for the first time in days, weeks even, but it has finally cooled off!.......Cozy day to stay inside and watch movies.  Yeah, that's what I'll do.   :)

~Cindy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2007, 04:28:46 pm »
I spoke with my Case Mgr a little while ago and I will meet her on Thursday at the Health Dept.

No news on the job front, but I have gotten used to this shit now, dammit.  >:(

I also reluctantly called to get my PAP results.  I had one come back abnormal in early May, had a uterine biopsy right before memorial Day (normal result), had a cervical cell swab done then as well (normal result), and early August was another PAP.

Whew!  I am not getting a D&C, its risky putting a diabetic under anesthesia.  This is my first month off of the pill since 1989 at age 19 and we'll see how it goes, dealing with fibroids, too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:45:24 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2007, 05:01:21 pm »
Cristy, glad cat came back! that is good news, no need to apologize to neighbours b/c dangerous dogs should not be running free in any case.

Cind, don't give up on the job just yet. It takes time, and awful lot sometimes (sigh). the only reason I'm sticking with my boring "job" is b/c I dread looking for a new one, something which'll have to happen in 2 years anyhow. Glad you had a good night rocking to the 80's. I did tell you lot I saw Prince, live, like 3 weeks ago?!

Betty, good luck with Liz!

Em, good luck with Mr. Gentleman!!

Queen, good luck with the moving, and upheaving.

I have been very happy with what I have lately. But that doesn't mean there are no blips on my screen... lipo fear is one, fear of future another, missing my parents, missing my country (even though I kinda hate it, home is home), regrets over lost friends, a new year as of tomorrow, worries about fertility, need I continue?

Love reading this forum though. It is like a soap opera - days of our lives, now I not only live my own but feel what others are going through. I can't keep up with the typing but am here listening.

Group hug
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline camille07

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2007, 11:15:17 pm »
Ok my bad.....I haven't had a second to read through the threads....my job is taking up so much of my time.  But wanted to let you know I'm thinking  of you all.   

Just to give you an update:   I had the worst sexual experience with Ian using condoms last week.   It was a nightmare.  And tonight made up for it all. It was really amazing.

I wanted to know if anyone heard from christine I think from PA?  Is she ok?

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2007, 11:23:36 pm »
Christine is up in Mechanicsburg, about an hour north of me.  I haven't seen her here.  Her last posts were on 9/4.

Better make sure those condoms FIT, and use lotsa lube, over and over.

I am gonna buy stock in Trojans :D

Em, where ARE you?  I miss my Mother Hen! 

ZM/Nicole, what have you been up to?

I think some chickens have flown the coop!   :D

Edited to add:   I sent Stone the link to my 9/11 thread, and somehow he was able to post under my ID.  My feathers were ruffled some, but its all good now, lol.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:23:27 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:50 am »
Hey Cin:
  Don't give up on the job thing.  I will be looking (probably) for part-time work starting next Monday.  Even though school takes up a lot of time, I need something to do with the remaining time.  My doctor doesn't want me to work full-time; I couldn't afford it anyway.  I need my Medicare Part D.  I did pay off a library fine that I had for like five or six years, so I'm checking out books, movies and CDs.  I'm reading a book right now about love in ancient Greece.  It's really interesting, as it talks about all the gods and goddesses and their exploits.  I'm also reading a book about meditation, as I try to do that every day.  Still not smoking, this is my third day.  I hope I can stick to it this time.  I haven't been around anyone yet who smokes.  Most of my friends do, and I need to prepare for that. 

Good to hear from you Cam.  Glad you had good sex! ;) 

It's a new day.  I hope everyone is doing alright.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2007, 10:13:22 am »
Good Morning All

I've not contributed much lately and explaining why would bore you...suffice to say it's the To DO list mostly. On a newsy note, I was elected to the board of a 20-year-old AIDS service organization. They've got their priorities straight and I'm happy to be on board. 

Cindy - regarding you missing Mother Hen...a while back, I wrote " my advice machine's temp gauge broke which explains why it kept overheating. It's my understanding the part is no longer made. "  was code for cessation of advice giving as much as possible unless someone specifically asks. Introspection-driven. I am passing the hen feather boa to you, lass.

Betty - congrats on the no smoking, you will never regret it ... my sisters and I were all multi-pack per day smokers and over the years, we've all quit ... what a relief to my never-so-much-as-tried-a-puff registered nurse mom

Drag -- you couldn't have renamed the man any better...he is a Gentle Man and not only talks, but listens closely and with an open mind whether to humor or naggy sensitive issues --- he's a refreshingly different soul in my experience thus far

Camille - good golly Miss Molly! lucky, lucky you -- speechlessness never sounded so good

CJC -- meant to comment a long time ago (it will seem rather silly now) that I never felt/sensed that Nighty was a goner and I'm glad that is so. Outdoor kitties have their disappearing acts which cause owners' hearts to palpate. Yes, your nearby Fidos were cause for concern, but cats have good survival instincts except near cars it seems.  My kitty is a constant source of joy and a totally indoors boy. I adopted him shortly after the dx and he was the best medicine for me then and now.

Life is good. We've heard from Tendai. She is safe and hopefully not battling more than the sniffles. We've heard from Belief after a long silence. GQ is moving in and nesting/pun intended/ with utility company nonsense in the past and Boo perhaps in the future. Cindy will meet a case manager and get some financial assistance. And, she will find employment.

The sky here is blue. Sun is hitting the top of the tree outside my window. I have my part-time work. I have projects. I'm grateful and I'm waiting for responses from others about all sorts of things.

Patience. Just patience.

Things are unfolding as they should.

See the work. Do the work. Avoid the misery.

Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2007, 02:22:24 pm »
Cindy - regarding you missing Mother Hen...a while back, I wrote " my advice machine's temp gauge broke which explains why it kept overheating. It's my understanding the part is no longer made. "  was code for cessation of advice giving as much as possible unless someone specifically asks. Introspection-driven. I am passing the hen feather boa to you, lass.

Cindy will meet a case manager and get some financial assistance. And, she will find employment.

I thought the parts not being in was a temporary downtime with the advice.  Wow, suddenly I feel naked......de-feathered maybe.  I'll have to remember to be very direct when I need some Mother Hen advice!  It sounds like your life is a busy one, Em, and I understand that.  It just hasn't been the same around here without you and I speak for all of us when I say we miss you.   :-\  Do you have date #2 this weekend?

As for the job, well, Betty, its always easier to find a PT job, no offense, because they won't be paying you any benefits.  Therefore, you have options as to what you want to do.  I want a FT job with benefits and that is asking a lot from a perspective employer.  I didn't hear from the Realty company yesterday or today, so I have given up hope now.  It really pisses me off.

I am really pissed about not getting that job.  Tomorrow will be better.

I am probably going to see Stone tonight, as his son's Jewish mother (Stone is Catholic) wants the little one for the holiday tonight.  Little guy is out of school for these three days.  Its Stone's weekend, but ex-wife is a dumbass who never plans anything and never wants the kid around that much.  I hope Stone gets his son Thursday through Sunday, since its his weekend, Jewish holiday or not.

Betty, you know the pic in the 9/11 thread was of the pro wrestler "Stone Cold Steve Austin," right?  Stone isn't as big as the wrestler, but he is working on it.  I wouldn't want to mess with him if I was a guy!

Can't stop thinking about Tendai today..........

~Cindy

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:37:17 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2007, 03:10:56 pm »
Hello ladies. Not much going on here. Waiting to get my little man off the bus at 4.  Nighty is still here and follows me all around the yard. When I get some batteries , I will take a picture of him and Sweet girl and post it for ya'll.                                                                           Em, glad to hear from you. Sorry the part is no longer being made but sometimes that's the way it is. Good luck with the organization. You will be a great asset.    Hope your second date goes as well or better than the first.                                                                     Ml, finding a full time job with benefits will be a challenge but you can do it!!!!! It will take time but don't give up.saw Stone's post . Glad ya'll are "close friends"  . Hope that continues to go well.                                  Betty, His court date is the 27th and we probably won't go. It will be continued so he can get a public defender. My mom might go.               Hope things work out with Liz and you get some happy time.             Speaking of happy time, I am in such heat. i am getting on my own damn nerves and no relief in sight. oh well, it'll cycle down, it always does.                                                                                           Camille, glad things went well this time. Hope they continue to go well.                                                   Love ya'll. Will update again soon.    Cristy                                       

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2007, 08:53:18 pm »
OK, Cin, now I feel like a total fool.  I haven't watched wrestling in so long, I forgot what Steve Austin looked like.  *WOOPS*  Anyway, I hope your Stone gets as big as that. 

What a boring day.  Of course, I could have studied, but I didn't even crack a book today.  I haven't seen Liz, but have talked to her briefly. 

I wish I could find a part-time job.  I know, Cin, it's easier to find than a full-time one, but I need to have something to explain the gap from '95 until now.  You know, why I haven't been working.  I'm not going to go into the long drudgery about having AIDS. 

I hope everyone is having a good night. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.