Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:55:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 345
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Jan Waddell (anniebc)  (Read 12254 times)

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Jan Waddell (anniebc)
« on: August 07, 2022, 04:48:45 pm »
Jan Waddell (anniebc here) - 7th August Jan lost her courageous long battle.  She went peacefully at Southland Hospice, Invercargill, New Zealand . She fought till the end and her family and friends greatly miss her. She was the most wonderful, loving, caring and giving person you could ever meet.  She will be missed by her family and her many friends from all over the world. Rest in power, Jan

- matt (the newt)
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Jan Waddell (anniebc)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 07:23:11 pm »
 :'(

Oh,... I am so saddened to hear this.  My heart goes out to her family and friends. Ed and I had the opportunity to meat Jan, at one of the AMC's. She will be missed.

Thank you Matt, for informing us. It's a very sad day. I hope you are doing well.

RIP -Jan

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline ThomM

• Widowed, husband/partner of 30+ years, Ric Wilke
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 10:21:52 pm »
AMG has lost yet one more member of the family, My Darling Jan, know you are deeply missed but I/we know you are finally a peace.
  I'm sure that Ric, Moffie, and Joe have welcomed you with the other AMG folks there and I'm sure that Rocky is still 'herding' his ducks.

Hugs to you all.  CYA Later!
Hugs to all from afar.    I'll be up when I get the final call. Until then, be careful, be very careful.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 01:21:15 am »
Sad news, and regrettably, I only chatted with Jan once, wish it had been more.

RIP Jan, and wishing friends and family strength during this time.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 09:39:07 am »

ojo.          Hi all!…it’s always so sad that read the passing of a sister/brother of this positive family…last time I “talked” to her, she told me her meds didn’t work anymore, resistance, I me ruined to her my resistente story and told her about my life saving treatment, she told me that the meds I’m taking they were not available in her country…she will be missed…rest in peace dear friend.😭

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 12:41:37 am »
This hit me right in the chest. 

Jan was such a beautiful soul here on the forums.  Condolences to her husband, family, and friends.

Rest in paradise Jan..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 12:59:53 am by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline ThomM

• Widowed, husband/partner of 30+ years, Ric Wilke
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 12:15:47 am »
I'm not sure exactly where this comment belongs, and Jim Allen, feel free to move it to wherever it should be. 
 I just viewed the service for our anniedc (Jan Waddell) and it was awesome, I was not surprised by the number of people actually there. I'm sure My Darling Jan was impressed by the number of people that she has effected.
  That Lady will be greatly missed. 
R.I.P. My Darling, R.I.P.
Hugs to all from afar.    I'll be up when I get the final call. Until then, be careful, be very careful.

Offline WERK

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 01:22:09 am »
Sad to see. Rest in Paradise Annie Angel. 🧡🙏

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 04:44:36 am »
My beloved Janno is gone.

I don't have words for this.

My words are neither the point nor the matter. I'll leave it to Andy Velez (of sainted memory) who in times like this would point to the classics;

I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground.
So it is, and so it will be, for so it has been, time out of mind:
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely.  Crowned
With lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned.

Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you.
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust.
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew,
A formula, a phrase remains,—but the best is lost.

The answers quick and keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love,—
They are gone.  They are gone to feed the roses.  Elegant and curled
Is the blossom.  Fragrant is the blossom.  I know.  But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses in the world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know.  But I do not approve.  And I am not resigned.

Dirge Without Music - Edna St Vincent Millay

I'll see you soon.

MtD

Offline Jody

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 08:07:43 pm »
I loved Jan so very much and think about her every day.   I wish you eternal peace and will never forget you dear lady.
  Hugs, many hugs.💖
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2022, 04:23:18 pm »
This is sad news to me.  She was a kind and caring influence in the forums. RIP
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 01:32:55 pm »
Rest in Peace Jan, and god bless you for all of your kindness and caring nature!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline joemutt

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2023, 02:41:14 am »
I miss her.
She was lovely, loving and gave me precious good advice.
Rest in Peace.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.