HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Period Sex

(1/2) > >>

AliQ:
Thanks in advance for your advice.

I met a girl in Qatar.  Her last sexual encounter (vaginal sex) was 3-4 weeks ago. She stated a condom was used.

I had sex with her using a condom on 2 occasions last week. 3 days ago she was on her period and we had vaginal sex using a condom. The condom was not broken.

My concerns:
1 - what if she has hiv from the previous partner and is in the window period so very infective?

2 - when she removed the bloody condom with tissues what if she used the same bloody tissue to wipe my penis.

3 - She gave me oral without condom numerous times.

4 - Iím having aches and pains in my hands and feet and muscles. Post viral type symptoms but no sore throat.

Iím worried Iím seroconverting and will get HIV from the above.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Receiving a blowjob lacks the conditions required for acquiring HIV, thus it makes sense that after nearly 40 years of this pandemic in terms of BJs, there hasn't been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked"), and you will not be the worlds first.

As for intercourse, HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. Unless a condom obviously fails during intercourse, there is no reason to be stressing or testing for HIV outside of the standard yearly routine.

--- Quote ---when she removed the bloody condom with tissues what if she used the same bloody tissue to wipe my penis.
--- End quote ---

I don't do "what ifs", and even if this "what if" happened, it's not an HIV concern.

Move on with your life, use condoms, consider PrEP as an additional layer of HIV prevention and test out of standard routine yearly.

--- Quote ---what if she has hiv from the previous partner and is in the window period so very infective?
--- End quote ---

Another what if ...::) Anyhow, it doesn't change how HIV is transmitted, i.e the conditions needed and barriers to it occurring.

In all risk assessments here, we presume the other person is living with untreated HIV and a high viral load.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms, and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will removed.

AliQ:
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

As far as I can tell, there have been condom failures.

Just one question. I read ars symptoms can develop on day 3. Is this true? Join and muscle pains and numbness and tingling in hands feet.

I will do a biosure home test but I think I have to wait 12 weeks. I'm worried.

Jim Allen:
No, and your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV from this encounter.  See your healthcare provider and treat whatever is making you ill.

Move on with your life, continue to use condoms for intercourse and tests for HIV and easier to acquire STIs yealry.

AliQ:
Thanks Jim for taking time to help the community.
My last post for information only.

Shaved pubic hair including scrotum and base of penis. Wore condom. But vaginal secretions were on the shave part. I didn't cut myself shaving. Is there any link between shaving and vaginal secretions and HIV. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version