Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:14:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 339
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: what is the truth?  (Read 22829 times)

Offline resul

• Standard
what is the truth?
« on: May 27, 2007, 07:20:10 pm »
hi
  ı m writing from turkey my name is resul
ı have a question 
  ı get 2 elisa negatife result . I get them 6. and 7. month
  in turkey same doctors says: you must wait 12 month because sametımes it can be after 12 months
what do you thing abaut that what is the last period? ???
   I m sorry for my bad english :'(
        thanks for your answers  :D

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: what is the truth?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 07:22:39 pm »
Resul,

Your doctor is not correct. The window period for HIV is 3 months. Your 6 and 7 month test results are conclusive. You don't need to test again at 12 months.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 10:13:01 am »
Resul, as Matty has told you, your doctor is totally wrong when he tells you that you have to test for as long as a year.

The CDC in the US, which is very conservative regarding HIV testing, has for sometime stated that a negative result at 13 weeks (3 months) is sufficient for a reliable answer. The only exceptions are cases which involved IV drug use or if someone has been getting treatment for cancer or other health issues which involve a severely depleted immune system.

Very unfortunately all-too-many doctors aren't up-to-date on HIV in general and about HIV testing in particular. You have more than reliably tested negative for HIV so you can stop worrying. And please remember that if you are having intercourse, whether it's vaginal or anal, you must use a condom everytime. No exceptions. As long as you do that you will be well protected as far as HIV is concerned.

Cheers, 

Andy Velez

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:31:39 pm »
thanks for all yours information  ı wish noone infected that . it is a big lesson to me . see you again :D :D ;) :)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 04:33:26 pm »
That's fine, Resul. I'm glad you found our answers helpful.

MtD

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 04:56:11 pm »
  thanks for everything my friends I 'm indebted

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 09:52:36 pm »
I m really sso worried. in Turkey peole don't care abaut hiv but I care we try to do same thing  in here  http://pub1.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=72531236&cpv=1 but we are not doctor we know alittle thing no doctor write us abaut and we worry alot in turkey doctor knoe alittle thing to when ı worry ı wrote here
it is a big thing for me

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 09:58:18 pm »
Resul,

Thank you for returning to your original thread.

I understand that you're worried, but once again let me reassure you that your test results at 6 and 7 months are conclusive.

You don't have HIV.

Your doctor is wrong when he tells you that you need to test at 12 months. You don't.

Unfortunately, I don't speak Turkish so I'm not able to understand the content of the link you posted.

MtD

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 10:05:10 pm »
that link is single aıds portal in turkey it is vey frigtening  I wish my english be better I want to say alot of thing but not enogh
I' sorry ...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 10:10:43 pm »
Resul,

Well if that site scares you, you'd be better off reading the information on our site here. Once again, let me tell you that you don't have HIV. Your test results show that you are negative.

MtD

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 10:55:09 am »
hi
in this morning I saw a herpes in my mouth it is not on lip
what are you think about it
I know you will say me you don't need another test
but I afraid and will be mad

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 01:13:33 pm »
resul,

You don't need to test again. Herpes, no matter where it happens on your body, is not hiv related.

Show the sore in your mouth to your doctor. We cannot diagnose what it is and neither can you.

You do not have hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 05:30:25 pm »
thanks Ann 

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 02:54:35 pm »
hi everyone   sorry about I ask again again
I know you think I am a stupid but I have a question and I want to ask that
some clinic in europe and usa say :test never be %100 certain but 3 months test is % 98 ???

and   I read somewhere smoking can decrease immune power of the body??
sorry about I ask again again but I worry
please dont be  angry wiyh me :'(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 04:27:27 pm »
Condoms provide very effective protection. We know that from many years of experience. Nothing other than using your hand on yourself is ever going to be 100% safe.

You have to decide if you are going to continue to indulge in this self-torture about HIV. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

I'm not sure if you are relating your smoking to HIV risk or not. It's not clear. But smoking will not affect the validity of an HIV test.

As a health issue in general  you should discuss smoking with your doctor as well as ny sign of herpes. A herpes sore as such is not a specific symptom of HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 05:01:44 pm »
hi Andy thanks for answers
''test never be %100 certain but 3 months test is % 98''
what do you think abaut that ?
why every one says different think abaut seraconversion ?
thanks for answers I

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 06:16:47 pm »
This response of yours: ''test never be %100 certain but 3 months test is % 98''
what do you think abaut that ?
why every one says different think abaut seraconversion ?"

We can't account for what others say. If you read our lessons on transmission and testing you get the basics and very specific, reliable information. There are links to them in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

If you keep looking on the web for things that will feed your fears I can promise you will find them. Surfing the net is not healthy when you're in an anxious state. What we have told you and what is in the lessons is the real deal.

What you choose to do in searching further and scaring yourself is strictly up to you and and is not our responsibility.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 02:08:16 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 01:13:57 pm »
hi
ok, it is my last question
I only want to know when symptom begin and finish from  infection
because ı have ache at my axilla  I afraid it is adenoid

please do not angry  with me I only afraid

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 02:11:00 pm »
Not everyone even has noticeable symptoms when they are seroconverting. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days after an exposure to the virus. And the symptoms vary from high fever and other flu-like symptoms to so mild as to be unnoticeable. It may include a flat, non-itchy rash on the torso and legs and arms.   

There's certainly nothing about your symptom(s) to suggest HIV is an issue. But then that's no surprise since you have not had a risky incident.

Andy Velez

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 06:12:28 pm »
I know it is vey very rarely but I will retest tomorrow
because  I worry alot and can not study my lesson
I am a student at law college and  I could not pass my exam because that
I m not stupid I understand you but I cannot assure myself
ı know you dont understand me but I own my own I cannot tell my friend and family I only speak with you
please please dont angry   with me

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 06:15:08 pm »
Resul,

If getting tested and collecting the inevitable negative result will help you deal with your unfounded fears about HIV then do it. Please note I'm not saying you need to test because you have HIV -- you don't.

MtD

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 06:39:31 pm »
matty sorry I speend your tıme
can you say me have you ever seen or heard someone turn poz after 6. months

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 06:47:14 pm »
Resul,

Please read this carefully.

You do not have HIV. You haven't done anything which could have infected you with HIV. You don't need to test and you won't test positive now or after 6 months.

I think it's time that you saw a mental health professional and got some help in dealing with your fears about this. We cannot provide you with that sort of support. It's time you moved on.

Once again, You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 05:49:43 pm »
at the end
ı tested yesterday ı will get resulth monday ( 2 days later)because ı  have ache at my axilla and my penis  I afraid it is adenoid
anyway if it will be neg, like you say, ı will go the a more competent physician and ı wont came back,like you want
if it will be poz  ı dont want to think that
ı hope it will be NEGATİVE
take care you my friends ı love you however you think'' resul is a mad''  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 06:06:35 pm »
Resul,

The results of this test, as with your others, will be negative. You don't have HIV.

Whatever is causing pain in your penis and your axilla (your armpit) will have nothing to do with your adenoids. Your adenoids are in your head.

But do try and find a more competent doctor.

MtD

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 12:45:16 am »
hi again !i do not know is that true for reply this topic sorry about that
how many hours Hiv acctive out of human body ( i cut my finger with a scissors , i worry because one of my friend will get a test  after 2 months and we live together ) and i know HIV is not transmitted via environmental surfaces but ....
can someone answer please

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 12:53:31 am »
Any body fluids that are infected with HIV (including blood) will dry out within seconds once outside the body rendering it harmless.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 01:23:29 am »
so i do not need a test again?

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 04:45:17 am »
No there is no need to test again, it's time to let this go and get on with your life.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 02:33:32 am »
hi
2 weeks ago i had sex with my gf .she told me she is not hiv pozitif i asked her before and after sex ,we use condom  but i i fingered her ...., and i hurt her ... and her ... bleed a little bit i saw blood on condom  , after that day i saw a finger cut on my finger that i used yesterday but i am not sure when did i cut my finger i can not be sure ( i am afraid if i cut my finger during the sex  while i am opening  the bra) and cut on my finger little then 0,5 cm .
i am worrying coz she had alot of sex before me she told me that ''' i always have protected sex'' but i am worrying can u help me please, should i need test?
btw i checked condom after sex  , use water but it looks safe
tomorrow will be 2 weeks and i  really worring

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 03:00:02 am »
You were never at risk and you have been coming to this forum long enough to know.

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 03:04:27 am »
sorry but i am wondering
even if i cut my finger  during the sex or  before i am fingering her ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:38:28 am by resul »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 08:25:36 am »
Fingering is not a risk for HIV transmission. No one's ever been confirmed to have been infected in that manner and you aren't going to make history by becoming the first. 

Period.
Andy Velez

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 09:39:01 am »
ok thank u very much , i will not make a test , and i am trying to not to worry about that

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 01:25:51 pm »
hi!
i know u have already told several times but i want to ask
licking and rubbing(without condom) to her  are risks? what do you think?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 02:24:43 pm »
resul,

It's not a risk for hiv to rub or lick a woman anywhere on her body and it's not a risk for her to do the same to you. No risk. You've been coming here for nearly two and a half years. You should know this stuff by now.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 05:46:11 pm »
hi everyone
i want to ask another question
i make love with a girl  (i do not know status) on condom there was blood , i touch the blood and smear it to my leg  after sex i wash everywhere

i am warning about that if when i am washing my  leg and penis if i touch the blood and smear to my penis :( can someone advise me pls
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:51:59 pm by resul »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 05:58:20 pm »
Resul, the most important detail in your story is that you were wearing a condom while you were having intercourse. They provide very effective protection.

Having found blood on the condom and smearing some of it on your leg -- those are not risks for HIV transmission. The important thing is that your penis was covered during intercourse.

There's no need for testing nor for testing about this incident.

Andy Velez

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 06:02:50 pm »
God Bless you Andy !!! i am just wondering ! have a bad psychology about infecting ! thank u ! hope that will persuade me !

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 06:04:18 pm »
if  smear to my penis  while i am washing my penis is that risk?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 06:14:27 pm »
No, that would not be a risk. HIV is a fragile virus, Resul. You are worrying needlessly. There is no risk in anything you have reported. Seeing blood maybe scary but it is not a risk in the manner you are worrying about.

Just get on with your life. Really. 
Andy Velez

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 06:15:42 pm »
thank you very much  Andy !

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 06:20:50 pm »
Andy
 sorry but i want to understand something
smearing blood penis is not risk , the important thing is that using condom , is it ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 08:09:25 pm »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »
u say no need to test ? even touch to the penis?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

You never done any of the above, NO RISK..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »
Are you listening? How much more clearly can we say you did not have a risk for HIV. And there is no need for testing.

Now stop the drama and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 04:51:10 am »
resul,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. For this reason, the blood you got on your leg presented no risk for hiv transmission.

In addition to the blood being outside the body, your skin - including the skin on your legs - is a very effective barrier against hiv. Hiv can only infect a very few, very specific types of cells and these cells are not found on the surface of your skin anywhere on your body.

The cells that hiv CAN infect are found in the lining of the anus, the vagina, the urethra (where pee and semen come out of your penis) and the inside of the foreskin in uncircumcised men. (The inside lining of the foreskin is the part of the foreskin that is hidden when the foreskin is folded over the tip of the penis.) This is why sexually speaking, the only proven risks for hiv infection are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST SPECIFICALLY OVER THIS INCIDENT OF PROTECTED INTERCOURSE, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline resul

• Standard
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 06:23:23 pm »
ok thank u
hope it is the LAST question

would i know if condom rend? it was durex one . i am asking coz during the sex if i came a very  little and stop into the condom then go on sex untill came all , is that explore the condom? would i know that

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 09:51:40 pm »
Yes, you would definitely have known if the condom failed. When that happens it's not about teeny tiny little holes. The hole thing gives way and is left looking like a hoop with fringe on your penis.

Stop worrying needlessly. Really.

And now I am going to warn you that if you continue to return with more questions about your non-risk incident you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out fromt he site for at least 28 days. You did not have a risk for HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.