Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:48:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773187
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 288
Total: 291

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Missing Dosage? Truvada & Intelence  (Read 3603 times)

Offline PointZeroBlue

Missing Dosage? Truvada & Intelence
« on: October 28, 2011, 08:34:09 pm »
I found out I was HIV+ in Jan 2010... I was around 35-70k VL and 400-500 WC until earlier this year when my WC started to go into the low 300s....

Anyways, in April this year I started on Truvada and Intelence; 1x Truvada and 2x (200mg) Intelence once a day. I've been Undetectable since 1mth after I started medication and my WC has gone to 700-800.

First I'm new to posting, but I've lurked here on an off the last few months... just to read mostly, but I kinda felt like I needed to post to address an issue I am faced with.

I have done well with keeping on schedule with taking my meds; but I ran into a conundrum this week. I am visiting family about 4 hours away from where I live; I was only planning on being here a few days, but some unforeseen circumstances I have been here a few days longer than expected. Its already been 24hrs past when I'd take my usual dose and I am growing slightly anxious.

I didn't think to pack extra medication and I've run out; I know my doctor has said that missed dose should be taken as soon as I remember but if its a whole day don't take double. The thing is I won't be able to get back to my house for another 2-3 days; The local pharmacies could help me out on a RX but since insurance won't cover the cost, 3 days out of pocket is nearly $350. I'm kinda broke and my family can't help.

Should I be terribly worried; do I need to just bit the bullet and get back to my house ASAP to get my medicine? Has anyone here been in a similar situation where you've had to miss dosages a few days?

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: Missing Dosage? Truvada & Intelence
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 04:01:46 pm »
Should I be terribly worried

No just get back on track pronto when you get home

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 08:30:07 pm »
We are talking now a 3-4 day gap!
That is nothing to sneeze at!

You display several dicisions that were taken too casually.
1) Did not travel with extra med.   ALL HAART takers must travel with some extra medicine!
2) Facing several day gap - chooses not to travel 4 hours to get the med and avoid the gap.   WTF?

Why didn't you go home?? Absolutely had to stay?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline PointZeroBlue

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 10:52:09 pm »
I was only going to be down here visiting family for 4 days.... then an accident happened with my grandparents the night before I was going to leave... 4 days turned into 15 days.... I honestly didn't think that I was coming close to running out... This is the first kinda "big" trip I've been more than a short drive from my house.... Tonight is 48hrs, it will prolly be about 60 when I get back to my house....

Thankfully my grandparents are stable.... the accident they were in was enough to rattle the whole family... They were in ICU for two days.... Its not that I don't take the situation casual, but my grandparents are important to me, as I have a small family.... me My Parents, Grandparents, and that's all; so, It's not an easy choice, I didn't want to leave them.

I think in the future i'll make sure to carry at least 15 days extra.... don't want another scare like this again...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:56:26 pm by PointZeroBlue »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 06:32:18 am »
Im sorry to hear about the accident!

I am just playing the disciplinarian.  I see you did in fact have extra medicine! Just not many times extra.  Normal enough.  Still, maybe at about a week into the stay you could have excused yourself for a day trip to take care of something important at home.

Your family does not know you take HAART?  Seems to be the only explanation why you ddin't say, I have to go get some medicine.  Mom and Dad would probably give you a lecture too if they knew you were missing an important daily medicine dose. 

Water on the bridge.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.