Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:32:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 606
Total: 606

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV mensus Blood in urethra. Please help to access my risk!  (Read 11602 times)

Offline cccggg111234

HIV mensus Blood in urethra. Please help to access my risk!
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:40:09 pm »
Hi doctor!! I seriously need your help and advice as this issue is seriously affecting my routine life as i cant stop thinking of it!

Exactly 2 weeks ago, i make out with a girl whom i know at a open-air bar in indonesia.. I did not know her HIV status but i am feeling very worried as she was a bar girl readily available for anyone to paid for sex. At that point of time, she was having menses and we were making out in the bathroom. I did not penetrate her however, we were kissing and i was rubbing my erected penis on her vaginal for about a min with out condom. My penis was not circumcised but my foreskin was being pulled to the back. I have read multiple post online and i realised that online doctor always commented that no penetration == no HIV transmission. Furthermore, doctor usually access that frottage == low or no risk. However, as the inner foreskin of my penis is also the mucous membrane. My question is that,
1) if the menses blood infected with HIV came into contact with my inner foreskin(without penetration), will i be infected with HIV.
2) if there is pre-cum fluid at the tip of my penis, will this rubbing action without penetration caused any transmission when it come into contact with the infected menses?
3) if the infected menses blood were to got into my urethra during rubbing, will i get infected with HIV?

I am getting really worried and regretful as it was really an act of impulsiveness. Please advice me if there is any risk of contracting HIV. I cant wait to go for the rapid quick test today.. appreciate all your help!!! THANK YOU!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: HIV mensus Blood in urethra. Please help to access my risk!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 06:30:29 am »
cc,

You were told repeatedly on MedHelp that you weren't at risk. You're not going to get any different answers here because the fact is, YOU WERE NOT AT RISK.

As you were told on MedHelp, what you engaged in is called frottage and frottage is not a risk for hiv infection, regardless of the presence or absence of menses.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline cccggg111234

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:03:59 am »
Dear ann

Thank you for your response. Actually my main concern is point 3. When menses blood get into my urethra, is it considered in my body already and therefore my mucous membrane in the urethra starts to absorb in the hiv cells? The menses blood is not really expose to air upon direct contact. so is it still possible for me to be infected? Please educate me and pardon me for my lack of knowledge.

I am having acute hiv symptoms such as flu, nasal congestion and cough since my last exposure 2 weeks ago and i couldn't go for the test as the window period is not over yet. I am worrying to the max and very scared that i am infected. Therefore your response is very important to me. Please..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:34:19 am »
Contact with your foreskin outside of the vagina is very different from inside the vagina. HIV is a fragile virus and not easily transmitted. It needs the receptive setting provided inside the vagina in order to transmit.

Like Ann I think you are worrying needlessly.

Nothing you are describing symptomatically is in any way HIV specific. Most in the cases of those who are worried, a flu-like symptom is just that, indicative of the flu and not HIV. 
Andy Velez

Offline cccggg111234

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:53:37 am »
Dear Andy

I really really appreciate your prompt replies! Thank you for clarifying the foreskin part. Can you please answer and educate me on this last point. Sorry for being a paranoid. I promise this will be the last question as its my greatest concern.

" When menses blood get into my urethra, is it considered in my body already and therefore my mucous membrane in the urethra starts to absorb in the hiv cells as the menses blood is not really expose to air for long upon direct contact with my urethra opening. Therefore, is it still possible for me to be infected? I mentioned that the blood is not expose for long upon direct contact with my urethra opening because i've read in other threads when Ann mentioned that temperature, moisture and pH level of the surrounding outside body causes the hiv cells to be damaged. Please educate me and pardon me for my lack of knowledge."

Really appreciate and looking forward to your reply!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 04:36:51 pm »
If we thought it was possible for you to become infected in this incident as you have reported it we would have said so.

At this point you have convinced me that you ought to get tested. I say that not because I think you had a real risk, but rather because I suspect only a negative test result is going to convince you. That should be done at 13 weeks. You can test at 6 weeks and begin collecting what I expect will be negative results but it is the negative at 13 weeks that is conclusive.

I really don't have anything more comments to make about the continuing bits you are adding to your worry list. I do see negative results as a foregone conclusion based on what you have reported.
Andy Velez

Offline cccggg111234

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:45:06 pm »
Thank you andy, I really appreciate your replies. I shall try to let it go for now and wait for the 6 and 13 weeks to get myself tested. This thing just wont go out of my brain for a second. Sorry for being a paranoid. Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 12:48:51 pm »
OK. While waiting for 6 weeks you need to make a genuine effort to focus on other matters in your life. Believe me, it will make the time more quickly than you may imagine is possible.
Andy Velez

Offline cccggg111234

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 03:27:40 pm »
Hello Andy.. I am back again as I am Very worried.. I have done a blood test on the 6 week with a negative result. Oraquick at the 9th week with a negative result. Today is the 12w2day mark and I am trying to control myself till the 13th week before I do a final test. However, I am having nasal congestion since week 5 and sometimes it is so bad that I got to breath through my mouth.i spit out white color mucus occasionally.. I don't have this in the past and i don have any flu. I am feeling perfectly fine. Is this consider as flu like symptom classified under early HIV symptom? I need some reassurance answer to ease my mind as it is really bothering me real badly.. I am sorry to be a paranoid again but I have really tried my best to move on with life. But it's just so difficult due to the anxiety and guilt. Sigh.. Looking forward to ur feedback.. Thanks million..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 03:53:31 pm »
cc,

If your symptoms had anything to do with hiv seroconversion, you would have tested positive at your six and nine week test. But why would you test positive WHEN YOU NEVER HAD A RISK?

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv. You do not have hiv. As you did not have a risk, you are CONCLUSIVELY hiv negative and you do not need further testing.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.