Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:53:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 309
Total: 309

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Imus canned  (Read 8993 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Imus canned
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:03:02 pm »
Too funny. The most far left Tv network has a fucking racist on board. Glad he is gone and hope he doesnt come back. What a moron. What would possess you to make such comments on tv or radio airwaves?
Watch his butt buddies McCain, Kerry, Russert and Matthews drop him like a bad habit.  Now we dont have to hear about his fucking scam ranch anymore and his whore gold digging tree hugging veggie wife anymore.

Offline libvet

Re: Imus canned
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:23:12 pm »
Too funny. The most far left Tv network has a fucking racist on board. Glad he is gone and hope he doesnt come back. What a moron. What would possess you to make such comments on tv or radio airwaves?
Watch his butt buddies McCain, Kerry, Russert and Matthews drop him like a bad habit.  Now we dont have to hear about his fucking scam ranch anymore and his whore gold digging tree hugging veggie wife anymore.

I would agree Imus is racist, but I'm not sure that commenting on his wife in such misogynistic terms is a good way to make a point.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:27:42 pm »
Once again inaccurate information from the right...Imus received a two week suspension for his racist remarks. Imus would be a better fit with the knucledraggers over at Fox.

Offline jack

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 05:32:41 am »
Imus has attacked public figures from both sides of the aisle, but he now has learned what others before him have learned,you can't do comedy about African Americans. They are the one group of people in US who you cant make fun of, or you will pay.  In Imans defense the same people attacked him several years ago when his show did a great skit for several weeks. A couple of African American comedians who were friends of Imus were filmed trying to hail a cab in NYC.  A couple hundred yards down the street Bernard(imans sidekick,who Iman was responding to in this most recent fuckup,and a guy who has made racial jokes for years)a white man was also trying to get a cab. Everytime the cab would pass the two African Americans(black) guys and pick up Bernard. Sharpton and Jackson and their thugs attacked Imus for that skit,even though it did portray how racist NYC is and most northeast US cities are.
How is what Imus said anymore racist than what Joe Biden said? They were saying the same thing.
Am still waiting for all of Imans liberal buds to come to his defense.
I think what Iman said was racist and dispicable but he should not lose his job. Free speech still exists doesnt it? I have no idea what was in his mind nor does anyone. We cant continue to penalize people for what they think or believe,just because its not what we want them to believe or think.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:52:27 am »

I guess you didn't get your Fox talking points till this morning. Make up your minds, cuz you are absolutely the only person who cares about cable news dimwits. We of the intelligentsia are better than that, and get our news from reputable new sources. Don Imus who is he? Is he gay?

Offline jack

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 08:35:56 am »
I havent watched him in years. I just think its funny that Sharpton and his thugs are after Imus for making a joke and didnt ask Biden to resign when he said the same thing but he wasnt joking.
You should know who Imus is, he supports most of the leftist anti Americans of the Democrat Party. Russert,Mathews,Kerry are his best buds.  Funny GovRichardson never says anthing when Imus calls him a greasy wetback to his face.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:41:07 am »
Who's Don Imus?

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 08:42:38 am »
I dont agree nor condone what Imus said.

But lets be real here...wheres Sharpton and the gang to revolt when one of the rappers use this same lingo in one of their songs?  Not thats its right, but I hear these comments and far worse uttered all the time and nothing is said.  Im not saying we should be apathetic to all this, but I do think the rules should be applied across the board.  Tolerance breeds acceptance and thats not what we want in certain cases.

I dont even know all the new lingo out there today.  But why the big fuss over Imus as opposed to so many other public profile peeps who should have their mouths washed out with soap?

With freedom of speech comes a certain responsibility.  However, at what point do we pass the threshhold of censorship?

Again I dont like what Imus said, but to me the reaction seems too over the top given the particulars.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 11:41:27 am »
Who's Don Imus?

He most certainly is not a ranking member of our Cabal and therefore deemed a heretic!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 11:42:26 am »
I dont agree nor condone what Imus said.

But lets be real here...wheres Sharpton and the gang to revolt when one of the rappers use this same lingo in one of their songs?  Not thats its right, but I hear these comments and far worse uttered all the time and nothing is said.  Im not saying we should be apathetic to all this, but I do think the rules should be applied across the board.  Tolerance breeds acceptance and thats not what we want in certain cases.

I dont even know all the new lingo out there today.  But why the big fuss over Imus as opposed to so many other public profile peeps who should have their mouths washed out with soap?

With freedom of speech comes a certain responsibility.  However, at what point do we pass the threshhold of censorship?

Again I dont like what Imus said, but to me the reaction seems too over the top given the particulars.

Just my 2 cents.

Very good points.  Imagine if he had said "An apology?  All i was doing was quoting Snoop, Dre and Fitty Cent!"
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 11:43:24 am »
I know who Imus is.  I do not know what he said.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pozinbama

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 11:46:40 am »
He called the Rutgers Women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed ho's".......

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 11:51:49 am »
Odd that jack is failing to mention Newt's racist "Spanish is the language of the ghetto" remarks from last week, isn't it.

Anyway, Imus is not a pillar of the left, so the premise of this entire thread is flawed, though this should be of no surprise considering the author of same.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 12:01:56 pm »
I'm pissy today, so everyone is going to have to just deal with my rants.   I am so fucking BORED with GD race issues.  I swear to God...and I mean that from the left and the right, black and white side and all in between.  Talk about a tired, tacky, utterly played out issue.  Or one that SHOULD be played out by now.  Honestly, it's one of those things that makes you embarassed about being human.  I mean, are we still there?  THERE??  In this stage in our development as a species?  Sadly, I guess it is one of those things that will never go away, so we are all saddled with having to hear about til our dying days.  I'm just so bored to sickness with every No Stars Upon Thars scenario we all keep hashing out endlessly.  Race, class, sexuality, gender...the whole stupid boring bit.  It's like some sort of sociological herpes that just won't go away.  Just keeps flaring up again and again.

Sorry if this post sucks and is just me wailing.  Again, deal with it.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pozinbama

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »
 I am so fucking BORED with GD race issues. 

I bet a lot of non-white people in this country are tired of the race issues too.....

Honestly, it's one of those things that makes you embarassed about being human. 

I find it embarrassing that he can call them "nappy headed hos" and only get a 2 week suspension.....

Offline jack

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 12:23:12 pm »
I dont think I ever said Imus was a pillar of the left but many of them are his best friends and guests on his show and dont know what that had to do with the premise of the thread,if there was one. He was a major supporter of Kerry. Guess some people cant read very well. He does support just about every lib and liberal cause.
Newt? How the hell did he get in here? Whenever libs cant defend one of their supporters they bring old Newt out of garbage can of history. Too Funny. Tell me what is the difference between what Imus said about African Americans and what Joe Biden said? Why arent they bashing Biden?
I am just glad he is off the tube,now if they would dump that moron Keith Oberahmerhead,I might actually watch the station occasionally.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 12:27:54 pm »
Like I said, Newt made that racist comment last week.  From my perspective, a past Speaker of the House trumps a radio-show host in political significance as it regards race based commentary.  I'm sorry you can't see past your own political biases, but that's hardly surprising considering how seeped in right-wing propaganda you are.

Offline jack

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 01:29:51 pm »
the old lib tactic,change the topic. When was Newt last in office?  its funny watching you guys throw ole Iman under the bus. I stopped watching Imus years ago cause it was no different than 99% of TV news or opinion programs. Leftists like Russert,Mathews,and Kerry day and night.  Now the libs get caught twice in one year voicing racist remarks and you wanna talk about Newt? hahahahaha. What Biden said was much more despicable than what Iman said. I will have to google Newt and find out what he said.

Offline jack

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 01:37:41 pm »
there is no comparison between what Newt said what Imus and Biden are saying. Newt was making the point that everyone must learn English or they will be stuck in the ghetto. To become immersed in our culture and marketplace you must learn English. Biden and Imus were ridiculing african americans because their appearance and their beliefs that they are different from us. Libs like Biden and Iman believe African Americans can not access the american dream without their help.
I live in Houston texas and those students without English are at a huge disadvantage. Mexicans who know English are kicking ass down here. They are a very important part of our culture here and economy. Those who cant speak english are fucked.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 01:37:45 pm »
How can I throw Imus under the bus?  I don't watch him regularly, never have -- I think I've only seen it once or twice when I've had insomnia... doesn't it come on at like 6 in the morning?.  I know of no liberal who is fixated with him.  I don't even understand his appeal.

You do realize that Republicans go on his show too, don't you?  You need to stop repeating Drudge talking points.

As far as I'm concerned they should cancel his show for good, like they did with Michael Savage.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:40:17 pm by philly267 »

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 02:00:35 pm »
The only thing I think is funny about Imus is the thing he does every time his Ted Kennedy impersonator says "water."

Hmm... I think that, politically, Don Imus marches to the beat of his own drum as it were.  He supported Bush in 2000... Kerry in 2004.  Insulted Bill Clinton in 1996... meh.  My mom is pretty damn conservative, and she'll listen to him every now and then without fuming the entire time.  Interesting.

I don't particularly care about him, as I generally find his show to be like a Valium overdose.  I've used it to put myself to sleep on days when I suffered from insomnia the previous evening... but I do know he's a prick who went too far this time.

Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline jack

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 02:07:29 pm »
i wonder if he did this for ratings? If they put him back on everyone will be watching. Not me of course, I watch ESPN from 4:30 am till 6AM and then switch over to CNBC for the day with sportsradio in background at all times.

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 02:08:52 pm »
we all criticize, but the scary part is that Im sure a lot of people out there thought his comments were hilarious.
Scary.

Offline jack

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 02:16:59 pm »
yeah. The people who laugh at race jokes(or homo or aids) or Iman comments are just as bad as him. I just walk away when people start telling these kinds of jokes. They disgust me.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 02:20:15 pm »
Except for Jew jokes... those are always fun.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 02:29:02 pm »
yeah. The people who laugh at race jokes(or homo or aids) or Iman comments are just as bad as him. I just walk away when people start telling these kinds of jokes. They disgust me.

I know what you mean, it was kinda like those jokes you used in your new topic thread this morning that was immediately deleted....yeah, kinda like those jokes.

Offline jack

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 02:32:08 pm »
sorry man. anytime anyone threatens me with suicide, I tell them, go ahead, make my day. Just kidding. What joke are you talking about? Oh,that was a joke? You are so sensitive. Stick and stones,sticks and stone,hurt like a mutha

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 02:34:56 pm »
oh... do tell!  What was this that was deleted?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 02:36:41 pm »
sorry man. anytime anyone threatens me with suicide, I tell them, go ahead, make my day. Just kidding. What joke are you talking about? Oh,that was a joke? You are so sensitive. Stick and stones,sticks and stone,hurt like a mutha

Nope, not sensitive at all and as I said in your short-lived thread...whatever you choose works me...oughta here, I got to meditate.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 03:39:28 pm »
Did they can Savage Nation?  If so, when?  Thought I heard it just recently...within a month or so.

(I listen to talk radio a good bit- Boortz and such)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 03:44:30 pm »
I was referring to when Savage was on MSNBC.  He's still broadcasting now, but isn't it just radio?

I never listen to radio... I don't own a car.  Basically I've not listened to radio for almost 2 decades... it's so irrelevant.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 03:45:50 pm »
yeah.  he is still on the radio.  i don't care for his show. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline jack

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 03:49:41 pm »
yes, he does have a radio show that is on at night. Really whacked out. Cant listen to him. Its always the end of the world.
I wonder how much Satellite will offer Iman? I have never heard him on radio. I am a sports radio addict.Free radio.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 06:21:50 pm »
... and his whore gold digging tree hugging veggie wife anymore.

"Jack, jack, jack...
head in a sack...

the house has gone colder
the floors have gone slack

Your mothers getting older
your father's not back

and you can't just sit here dreaming pretty dreams...."   -Into the Woods

We really need to learn you the wonderous and amazing magic of hyphenation. :)  It's really not as scary as it looks. :)

-joseph

Offline jack

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 07:02:42 pm »
sorry about that. how is this, whore,gold digging,tree hugging,animal lover,veggie head tramp. See, it just doesnt work as well.
This guy has been bashing and slandering people of all races,religions,and both political parties for years. Never ever make jokes about African Americans.  At least Imus was joking, Biden was serious and he was trying to make the exact same point with Obama is a Clean African American.
I am convinced this is just gonna increase his audience. Whats really freaking stupid is these girls are very articulate and pretty good looking. What was he looking at?? He wasnt, its what they do on his show every day.
It a real bummer two racists like Jesse and Sharpton are making hay on this.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 07:07:53 pm »
sorry about that. how is this, whore,gold digging,tree hugging,animal lover,veggie head tramp. See, it just doesnt work as well.
This guy has been bashing and slandering people of all races,religions,and both political parties for years. Never ever make jokes about African Americans.  At least Imus was joking, Biden was serious and he was trying to make the exact same point with Obama is a Clean African American.
I am convinced this is just gonna increase his audience. Whats really freaking stupid is these girls are very articulate and pretty good looking. What was he looking at?? He wasnt, its what they do on his show every day.
It a real bummer two racists like Jesse and Sharpton are making hay on this.

My dear, you know I love you, but those are commas, and although they provide some help, they do not possess the power of hypenation...  so, let's fix your sentence with love and understanding. :)  I'll move things around a bit too, in order to give them the rant rating they deserve.  How's this:

"...gold-digging, tree-hugging, animal-loving, trampish, veggie-headed whore."

It flows better that way, and makes your rant seem somehow smarter and well constructed.  :)

*hug*

-joseph
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:57:18 pm by Strayboy74 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.