Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 10:18:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 165
Total: 165

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: No where to turn............................  (Read 3997 times)

Offline sxybayoubrotha

No where to turn............................
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:34:56 pm »
well it's been less than a month since I was diagnosed as being HIV Pos. At first I couldn't believe it, but now I am coming to terms with it. Don't know what to do my counts are low CD4 209 I have no Insurance no Job and nowhere to turn......... I thought about filing for SSI but don't know how long that could take or even if I might qualify for it. besides being scared and tired all the time I am doing pretty good. Ive been on Atripla for about 3 day's now. nothing really bad threw up a couple of times but feel good so far........ Any Idea's of what I am supposed to do...........

Offline rabit64

Re: No where to turn............................
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:40:21 pm »
Sit down, take a deep breath and try to calm down. I know it sounds easy, but it is the only way. The problems will still be there tomorrow, and you may be in a better state of mind to tackle them. Remember, stress affects your CD4 count, as does a load of other things, so concentrate on one thing at a time. What is the most important thing to tackle now? Deal with that first. Don't panic, life still goes on and you WILL get through this, promise.

Keep smiling

Rob

Offline poz_hiv_bruh

Re: No where to turn............................
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:44:50 pm »
It'll get better man, check with your local/state health department, usually with something like HIV, they have programs they pay 100% of your treatment.  They're also free studies you can participate in, just look at your options.  I assure you, it's not the end of the world, you'll do just fine.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.