Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:33:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 479
Total: 480

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Pregnanacy and Lipo  (Read 15149 times)

Offline panda

Pregnanacy and Lipo
« on: April 09, 2007, 02:33:52 pm »
Hi there , I thought this will be the right forum specialy after they took out the lipo forum and as I relate my question also for Pregnancy.
So I am 33 years old female, I am married to a non hiv carrier, we 've went thru some fertility treatments and lost week I have got the good news (after 3 tims it failed).
So now what is most worried me is how my body will react for thi changes.
I suffer for, lipo wich means no butt and skinny leggs, is there anyhope I will see some changes n my body now? good changes ? Did anyone of you was pregnent at all while being hiv carrier? and did anyone of you went thru pregnanacy with lipo as well?

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
Re: Pregnanacy and Lipo
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:50:57 pm »
Congratulations on the pregnancy!!

While I was positive and pregnant, I didn't know of my status.  I didn't have lipo at the time of my pregnancy, and felt that all the changes to my body were normal.  I didn't find out about my status until my daughter was 10 months old.

I did, however, get lipo from the medications after I started taking them.  I had the no butt, and no fat on my legs.  The doctors told me there was no hope of me losing the belly.

However, I was able to shed off two inches from the lipo belly and get somewhat of a butt.  Just exercise, and work out. Walking and biking help to build the muscle back in your backside... of course, the biking may need to wait until after baby comes :)
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline catwoman

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 11:21:38 pm »
I don't know anything about this topic but congratulations on your pregnancy!!
 :D

Offline panda

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:15:27 pm »
Thanks , I WAS DOING WALKING FOR A WHILE BUT DIDN'T SEE MUCH RESULTS , AS FOR THE BELLY i DID A SUCTION SURGERY AND WAS PRETTY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS , NOW IT WILL ALL FGO AS MY BELLY WILL GET BIGGER PROBABLY  BUT I KNOW I WILL REPEAT THIS SURGERY AGAIN AFTER GIVING BIRTH, IT WORTH IT!! I HOPE AFTER PREGNANCY I WILL START TAKING HGH INJECTIONS TO GIVE A BOOST TO MY MUCSLE SO IT WILL AT LEAST HAVE SOME MORE VOLUME.
DID YOU TRY HGH FOR TRYING TO GET BACK THE LOST MUCSLES ?

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:48:17 am »
That's the thing, I haven't really lost the muscle.  My legs look GREAT with no fat, and everyone comments on how defined they are.  They want to know my secret...  ::)

I haven't tried lipo suction for the belly.  I'm worried that it will leave a bunch of loose skin, and plus I don't know how much it would cost in my area, or the risks.  The docs always told me that it would be pointless to do it, since it will come back.

I weigh 135, and all the fat is on my torso, which kinda sucks.
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline panda

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 01:09:48 pm »
Hi , good for you , my problem is there is no fat, there are no muscle , nothing just bones. But I considering doing the ghg injections after giving birth ofcourse , di dyou try it? I know it will help me get the mucles back ...

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 06:51:18 pm »
My husband used to use serostim, which was supposed to help with muscle growth and weight gain.  It did seem to help, and I'm sure that if he was able to work out, it would have worked better.

I'm hoping for the best for you!

Offline panda

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:06 am »
yeh , well the problem is that I keep on hearing good experience with the hgh but only for men .. I still didn't hear how did it react for woman so i hope i will be able to get some idea on this forum. About your husband... were there any side effect , did he took the injection every day ? and for how long? well right now its early to think about it as I am only on my very early stage of my first pregnanacy so ... I should focus on this I guess, but everytime i look at my self and get frustrated i remind my self and i will take care of it after giving birth and right now the hgh is the only option, by the way, i know that the hgh injections is helping to get rid of the fat accumulation in the belly area...did u think you self taking this treatment ?

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 07:47:39 am »
Well, insurances don't really like to cover those types of therapies, and I haven't thought about trying it for myself. I wanted to see what I could do on my own to get rid of it.  I'm stubborn, I want to prove the docs are wrong.  Ya know??

As for my husband, the only reactions he got was joint pain occasionally when he sat down (up through his neck, upper back) otherwise, that was the only thing.  I think he only injected himself once or twice a week, or it was every other day... I can't remember to be honest.

Offline panda

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 12:22:50 pm »
I can't wait trying these injections .. I know I should not expect much you know... but with my current situation it looks like this is the only thing left I didn't try.. I will surely combile gym along with the injection to get max result, I want bigger leggs, I know fat probably wont be back but at least if i'll increase my mucsle at this area then it will give me some more volume while wearing my pents.. right now, I am always wearing some long shirt so it will cover the pelvis area which is shrinked its scary... my pens are falling down since there is nothing to hold it at the pelvis, do u what i mean? so i think if by hgh i will manage to get some volume for the width in this area it will be good result for me... its very frustrated no to be able by cloths and being forced to put these long shirt to cover this disaster...

Offline panda

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 02:52:29 pm »
Hi , I wanted to ask you about the serostim injections, I am checking more and more now so once I'll give birth I will have enough information in order to take a decision, so I read that it did pretty good for those who took it dailiy for 24 weeks which combined weight training , I know you husbend didn't do it, but was there any benifit of any kind ?

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 07:41:01 am »
Hi Panda,

My husband did seem to increase his weight while taking the serostim.  It was a way for him not to lose so much muscle from the wasting he was dealing with.

I am sure that in healthier patients, the results will be different, and better. :)

Offline panda

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 11:50:09 am »
Ok , but my question is for how long did he take it ? what was the treatment period and did it last after he stop taking it ?

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 11:04:07 pm »
Again, his case could be different than yours, but he took it for a long period of time. I can't remember how long exactly, though I think he took it for a couple of years.  It was a battle to get the insurance to cover it.  With you, it could be different, as you may be more active than he was, so you will probably achieve different results.

Offline Seven

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 09:18:17 pm »
I have so happy for you! All the best to you and your new family.
I am poz with a neg partner as well. When I get pregnant, I will have the other battle, more of the belly fat I guess. Right now my belly is HUGE! It just seems like it will never stop growing. I dunno what to do either.
I am so depressed about this body change I am really not used to it because I was really active and had alot of muslce. Well I lost alot of muscle almost all in my arms in legs, but now, just packed on the fat from the meds again. Talk about torchure! When will this ever get better?

Offline panda

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 02:05:43 pm »
Well , I have bad news, I had  natural abortion ...  :'(
I have to wait now for few weeks and try all over again ,
About your belly .. have you tied the HGH ? For what I understand it help reduce the accumulated fat and gives your muscle boost ...

Offline Ulong

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 10:14:09 am »
Wow, Panda, sorry to hear about your pregnancy. I'm not sure what else to say, except hang in there.

As far as the HGH...I did Serostim in clinical trials. It worked really well for me, it both reduced lipo and added muscle. It was a while back, so I don't remember all the details, but I think it was 4 mg a day, which is too high in my opinion. By the end of the study (seemed like more than 6 months) my knees were really hurting. But I also worked out a lot while taking the Serostim, that may have caused some of the pain.

I've used it outside clinical trials a little too, when I could get my hands on some. You may have noticed it's quite expensive. I took around 2-3 mg and skipped days often. It seemed to work at that dose too, just not as quickly and dramatically.

I've also done the Theratech drug in a clinical trial, it seemed to work too. Much fewer side effects, but like the lower-dose Serostim, it wasn't as quick or dramatic. But it worked for me.

Offline tbird

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 09:16:48 am »
That's the thing, I haven't really lost the muscle.  My legs look GREAT with no fat, and everyone comments on how defined they are.  They want to know my secret...  ::)

I haven't tried lipo suction for the belly.  I'm worried that it will leave a bunch of loose skin, and plus I don't know how much it would cost in my area, or the risks.  The docs always told me that it would be pointless to do it, since it will come back.

I weigh 135, and all the fat is on my torso, which kinda sucks.
i want to write you back

Offline tbird

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 09:20:15 am »
ok maybe this is how i reply i think this is my first time trying this out i think the topic is lipostraphy spelling maybe wrong but at first i thought it meant lipo cause i been considereing lipo for my  belly ...congrats on the legs :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.