Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:58:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 627
Total: 628

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fmr Bush Campaign Mgr and GOP Chair Finally Admits To Being Gay  (Read 3593 times)

Offline tednlou2

Ken Mehlman finally came out of the closet saying he will now work on gay rights including marriage rights.  He and Rove were responsible for bashing gays in the 2004 election and getting marriage bans on 11 state ballots to get evangelical voters out to vote.  It was well known around Washington that he was gay.  Bill Maher made mention of it on Larry King Live.  Larry acted like he never heard that before and Maher's statement was edited out of the rebroadcasts.  

I find it so unforgiving to use a group of people for political purposes.  Ken has a lot of work to do to ever earn my respect.

Below is video of an ABC NEWS story about this and includes Mehlman's appearance with Tim Russert on MEET THE PRESS:

http://indyposted.com/83829/republican-ken-mehlman-gay-george-w-bush/

Edited for spelling
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:05:56 pm by tednlou2 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Fmr Bush Campaign Mgr and GOP Chair Finally Admits To Being Gay
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:12:11 pm »
My good friend Tony Perkins of the Godly Family Research Council emailed me about this shocking news only this morning:

The Update remains on Summer break and will return next week,  but I wanted to respond to inquires and concerns that have been expressed about the news that former Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman has now chosen to identify himself as homosexual.

First, I am saddened by this announcement. I'm saddened because I know Ken and care about him as a person. Homosexuality not only has negative implications for society, it also has profound, well-documented negative physical and mental health consequences for those who engage in homosexual conduct as well.

This unfortunate confirmation helps explain the scandalous failure of many in the Republican establishment to vigorously uphold the values and policy positions expressed in the party's platform in 2004 and 2008, particularly the need to protect the definition of marriage as the union of a man and a woman nationwide. While grassroots activists succeeded in passing marriage amendments in dozens of states across the country, they received little support and even outright resistance from Party officials at the national level, which contributed to the GOP's electoral failures in 2006 and 2008. Now we know one of the major reasons why.

With this announcement about his homosexuality, Ken also announced that he would join those who have mounted the assault on marriage through the activist courts. Not only does this run counter to the historical principles of the Republican Party, it stands in direct opposition to the Party's platform which is clear on the importance of marriage and family. The Party's unequivocal stand on life, marriage, and family is why many social conservatives have made the GOP their political home.

It is important for the conservative movement that the Republican Party remains committed to its longtime stance on core social issues. The Party and the movement will suffer if the GOP adopts a foolish strategy of seeking votes by pandering to the two-percent of the population who are homosexual or bisexual--and thereby alienating the majority of conservative voters.

Glory! Makes a body want to get the rattlesnakes out right now and start invoking he Holy Name, doesn't it?

I wonder if Kenny is trying to head off a Ted Haggard type revelation?

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:23:51 pm »
Poor Tony P. -- we're way more than 2%
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:24:39 pm »
Poor Tony P. -- we're way more than 2%

Troo dat. But we're nowhere near 10%.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 11:33:33 pm »
Troo dat. But we're nowhere near 10%.

MtD

I agree.  I always figure the numbers are similar to teh joos in the US, like 4-5%.  And you know how teh joos control the government, as do teh gays.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 12:23:52 am »
Ken could never earn my respect, because he lacks any true character. Just because he's gay, does not change the fact, that he sold out the GLBT community. How he could sell his soul, to Karl Rove no less, is beyond me. I don't want him on my side.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 12:30:42 am »
Yeah, it's like a black person suddenly coming clean about his past support for Jim Crow laws in 1965.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 12:33:58 am »
Yeah, it's like a black person suddenly coming clean about his past support for Jim Crow laws in 1965.

Paging Alan Keyes. Alan Keyes to the coloureds only courtesy phone in lobby.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 12:39:34 am »
Paging Alan Keyes. Alan Keyes to the coloureds only courtesy phone in lobby.

MtD

Hey, you got some problem with a black guy who supported South African apartheid or something?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 12:52:09 am »
Hey, you got some problem with a black guy who supported South African apartheid or something?

Not me, Bwana.

MtD

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 07:27:38 pm »
Not me, Bwana.

MtD

Thanks Matty, I needed the laugh ;D ;D

On topic though, it will be very interesting to see the results of this. That Perkins douchebag is pretty amazing, though. He's probably home right now with one of two thoughts going through his empty little head, the first being something like this: "Holy Shit! I actually shook hands and was friends with this man! Am I gonna turn queer now!? What am I gonna do if i turn queer!?"
   The second possibility involves 'ol Tony P. thinking of Mehlman while furtively whacking off in the bathroom after his wife has gone to bed.

Guess which choice my money's on...

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.