Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:23:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 420
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 421
Total: 421

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Montreal  (Read 5016 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
My Montreal
« on: August 27, 2006, 02:44:34 am »
Hi everyone

Now that I have rested, put away all my summer clothes and I'm now back into thermal long John's and gum boots I can sit down and chat a for awhile.

I find posts like this very hard to do, mainly because I can never find the right words to adequately describe my experience in Montreal....so I can only start by saying thanks to all of you for just being there, and for making it such a special time for me, from the minute I signed into the hotel from the moment I signed out I had spent 10 wonderful days with what I can only describe as the most amazing bunch of guys I have ever come across...unfortunately it was so hard to spend quality time with everyone, but I was happy with a "Hi and hug" and "it's so good to finally meet you"

I try not to name names in posts like this but there are some that I would like to say a special thanks too.

Ric & Thom..Your wedding and vows were the highlight of my trip, it was such an honour to be included in your wedding party, the love you not only shared with each other but with all of us filled the room, if I had to travel twice the distance I wouldn't have missed it for the world, it was worth every smile and every tear shed..I wish you both love and happiness.

Alan..My gentle giant..you are such a  loving and caring man, you are everything I knew you would be...a friend for life...thank you so much for my gift, it has pride of place with the collection.

Rocky..My valentine, that first hug after a year was so worth waiting for, I love you and thank you for the amazing job you did for all of us.

Joe & Stephen..My knights in shining leather. :D..Joe you have always been my rock, Stephen you are an amazing man, thank you so much for your gift and please thank your Mother for me, it's a real treasure.

Claude..Thank you for the trip to Quebec city, it was a wonderful day, and thank you for "The hoodie" just the thing for a chilly NZ.

Trish & John..It was so good to see you again, a lady in love and just as beautiful as I remember, John (my sooky bear.. :)) it was great to finally meet you, thank you for taking care of our girl...you both took a big step and made it work.

Mark..what a man..you smiled and laughted your way through the whole trip, it was an absolute pleasure spending time with you.

Cliff..Such a handsome man, and another one who smiled and laughted his way through the whole trip..it was an honour to meet you, you are an incredible man.

Creighton..Thank you so much for my gift, it has cause quite a few smiles here at home..and thank you for your  wonderful sense of humour, you certainly kept me laughing.

Shane..Thank you for taking the time and allowing me to share my family with you..it was pleasure meeting you.

Bailey..It was great to see you again and just as crazy as last year I see.. :D, thank you for the CD you did and incredible job.

David & David..What a wonderful couple..I wish you love in everything you do..and lots of cool motor bikes.. ;).

Zephy..I'm glad I got to see and meet the real you..I admire the work you are doing with the research..keep up the good work.

Dan..I have to admit I didn't think Montreal was the place for you to be..I was so wrong, you proved me wrong, every time we met you had a smile and a hug for me..and not only me, you gave love and received love, it was good to see you there enjoying yourself.

Jen (my best buddie)..last but not least, thank you for being there for me, and for caring enough to want to meet all those who have helped support me over the last 3.5 years.. you have been one of my main supports for 4 years now, and I have coped so much better because of it...I love you.

Jody, Moffie, hermie and Robert..My toronto buddies, I love you and missed you, it so great to see you all again after so long.

To everyone else, David25, Marc (loved the balloon's) bubbly Lisa, Jerry, Gary, Ernie, Jonathon, Minh, and Danny..it was a pleasure meeting you all..you truly are an amazing family.

I loved every minute of my trip..and it's thanks to all those who attended.

Love and hugs always
Jan :-*

P.S..I have put up some photo's in Bailey Kodak site for you all to see.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 03:18:26 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline livingpositively

Re: My Montreal
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 03:13:19 am »
Jan,

There is a song on the AMG CD that says it all about you...Simply the Best.  You are amazing.  I thoroughly enjoyed you sharing your family with me - and a VERY beautiful family it is.

I am already looking forward to seeing you again at the next AMG.  You are delightful.

xoxoxo

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline kypozguy

• Kentucky Poz Guy
    • My group website
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 08:13:22 am »
Dear Jan,

It was a pleasure to meet you as well. Hopefully at future AMG's we will be able to spend more time together and get to know each other better.  You were a joy and a wonderful smiling face to see everyday.  Im glad your trip home went well,  I know how exhausting it is having done that trip 4 times myself.  Next time I am in NZ I will try to make it to the South Island and look you up!  See you at AMG'07

Cheers
Marc
See you at AMG 06--Montreal Quebec Canada--August 17 - 21, 2006

Diagnosed Oct 05, 1985

Organizer and Moderator of the Louisville Poz Buddies Social group in Louisville Kentucky USA.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 10:50:53 am »
Dear Jan,

As I just wrote to Jen in another thread I'm already missing both of you. I certainly had a wonderful time when you were both around, and Montreal will never be the same without you and the crazy bunch around. The only happy person are those security guards who came to stop the party in your room...but the hell with them.  ;D

I just wished we've had a better weather that day in Quebec City but it could had been much worst. You are most welcome for the '' hoodie '' and guess it'll make you remember that day and AMG06 for a very long time, especially during the colder time in New-Zealand.

Regards,

Claude aka The Canuck

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 12:44:39 pm »
Dear Jan,

YOU were my Montreal.   I am so thankful for you.  To think that an old hillbilly like me would have friends on the other side of the planet....it's pretty incredible, and AIDSmeds did that for us!

Conducting our memorial service with you was one of the greatest honors of my life, and I will never forget it.

Love always,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:32:08 pm »
Jan

My dear, sweet, loving friend.

To me, you are the most precious stone in the ring of souls these gatherings have allowed me to meet.

You've got more power, love, honesty in you then any person I have ever met.

I don't know what else to say, except that twice in my life now, I have had the privilege of standing by your side and witnessing the amazing aura of a woman I am blessed to call my friend.

With love,

RAB

Dan J.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:42:22 pm »
My Dearest Jan,

THANK YOU for the love and support you have shown me at the gathering and on these forum pages.

I LOVE YOU !

Dan

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.